A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO EXCITED ABOUT MILLER

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:39 am

signing then?

great signing i think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WHO EXCITED ABOUT MILLER

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:58 am

Agreed. 20 goal striker in our league.

And at 31 without injury worries at his peak. Like Kevin Phillips 2 or 3 years ago!

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:04 am

I just hope we don't become this seasons Middlesbrough....

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

Lots of scotish countrymen in our squad who will knw doubt want to play for eachother and our scotish manager... our team spirit should be exelent' im happy with miller joining us :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

Agreed. 20 goal striker in our league.

And at 31 without injury worries at his peak. Like Kevin Phillips 2 or 3 years ago!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

smilebit wrote:I just hope we don't become this seasons Middlesbrough....

This. However I have faith (not in the religious way) in Malky and this team :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:22 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:Lots of scotish countrymen in our squad who will knw doubt want to play for eachother and our scotish manager... our team spirit should be exelent' im happy with miller joining us :ayatollah:

No doubt exactly what Middlesbrough fans said about Gordon Strachan and his Scottish boys . I have a felling that this season is going to be a strudel , as we rebuild

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:22 am

Good signing him and Earnie should be good for 40 goals this season.All we need now is Goodwillie and Bellers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 pm

This could be a great signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Think he has exactly the sort of star quality we seemed to be missing the other night. Imagine he'll definitely be key to our success this season!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 pm

I know a lot aren't convinced by his signing, but he deserves to be given our full vocal support at CCS.

He could turn out to be an outstanding signing.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:50 pm

middlesbrough got players that we basically un proven in the league. we have got conway to replace burke. which tbh hes a very good player all you need to do is be quick and your good enough out there. miller who has played in the league before and proven in different leagues and knows where the goal is. goodwillie is young and showing alot of potential, i hope we sign him more than most .
dont worry we will not be middlesbrough, we will be a decent team :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:58 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_miller 2007- 2008 30 starts for Derby County 4 goals. You honestly think hes gonna bag 20 thius season ??? imo theres alot of Cardiff fans expecting far to much this season imo as it stands and what ive seen so far we will be luckily get to the playoffs or even mid table i hope im wrong tho and eat my words and go up as champions tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_miller 2007- 2008 30 starts for Derby County 4 goals. You honestly think hes gonna bag 20 thius season ??? imo theres alot of Cardiff fans expecting far to much this season imo as it stands and what ive seen so far we will be luckily get to the playoffs or even mid table i hope im wrong tho and eat my words and go up as champions tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Messi didn't score a single goal in the world cup last year, but that was because it was the TEAM that was bad, not him.

That season, Derby were without a doubt the worst team in PL history. You can't judge a player on one season.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:23 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

middlesbrough got players that we basically un proven in the league. we have got conway to replace burke. which tbh hes a very good player all you need to do is be quick and your good enough out there. miller who has played in the league before and proven in different leagues and knows where the goal is. goodwillie is young and showing alot of potential, i hope we sign him more than most .
dont worry we will not be middlesbrough, we will be a decent team :ayatollah:

tbh I was never a fan of Burke and I really don't know so many loved and cheered for him, when he was really poor for the past 2 years. I agree our Midfield is stronger and better this year, but up front I don't think so; Still think it was a terrible mistake to sell Chopra and the likes of Miller just don't come close to the proven talent that was Chopra or even Jay

I too... do like the prospect of Goodwillie and hope we sign him and would love to see Ross come back too , But I think it's going to take a while for the players to bed in and this season could be a real test for the players and fans alike

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:signing then?

great signing i think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Miller, Conway, Cowie, Marshall... all proven at this level. No worries mate

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:03 pm

I am thrilled with this signing.

It's progress for sure. Got rid of a gambling piss head and brought in a seasoned pro :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Miller, Conway, Cowie, Marshall... all proven at this level. No worries mate

I agree with Taffy, the big difference is, we're buying players who have played in the championship or outside Scotland, whereas Borough just raided every club in Scotland with no outside league experience.

Anyways I'm disappointed with the Miller signing, really cant see him and Earnie complementing each other up front, they're too similar. Probably more of a back up for each other than anything and another striker to come in.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 pm

I will be more excited when I see it on the official website. Come on admin staff.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:
Warren of Merthyr wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_miller 2007- 2008 30 starts for Derby County 4 goals. You honestly think hes gonna bag 20 thius season ??? imo theres alot of Cardiff fans expecting far to much this season imo as it stands and what ive seen so far we will be luckily get to the playoffs or even mid table i hope im wrong tho and eat my words and go up as champions tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Messi didn't score a single goal in the world cup last year, but that was because it was the TEAM that was bad, not him.

That season, Derby were without a doubt the worst team in PL history. You can't judge a player on one season.

Well thats a fair comment but im sorry i will have to disagree. I am a bit unsure about the signing however he has reedeemed himself for the wolves incident by becoming a Bluebird lets hope he can bag more goals than i think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OOOOOHHH AAAAARRRRR KENNY MILLLAAAAARRRRR SAY OOOOOOHHHHHH AAAARRRRR KENNY MILLAAAARRRRRRR (IF HE SCORES ALOT THAT IS :lol: ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Learn something about the game before just throwing stats out feller eh?

Derby only won ONE game all season. They only SCORED 20

Please enlighten us 'on what you've seen so far'... won one friendly
and lost one friendly. Teams changed at half-time, meaning the result
wasnt really important, except to you obviously?

Miller will score a hatful in this division. I dont like the feller either, but
hes a very good signing, far better than Earnie!!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
You Bloody lot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:02 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Learn something about the game before just throwing stats out feller eh?

Derby only won ONE game all season. They only SCORED 20

Please enlighten us 'on what you've seen so far'... won one friendly
and lost one friendly. Teams changed at half-time, meaning the result
wasnt really important, except to you obviously?

Miller will score a hatful in this division. I dont like the feller either, but
hes a very good signing, far better than Earnie!!

Steady on there m8 im entitled to my opinion and ive seen Miller play quite a alot as it happens and i am not a fan of him on the pitch at all and for that money reported a week is just rediculous i probably know alot about the game than you btw :lol: just giving my opionon thats all no need to get all soppy about it TAF :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: