Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Ham, Just say No

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 pm

im sorry lads but we should still turn our backs.

1250 tickets and no matter how you dress it up its still a bubble.

The more we agree to these ridiculous compromises the longer it will continue.

It may hurt in the short term to boycot but small pains for big gains and all that

Re: West Ham, Just say No

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 pm

As much as it pains me......f**k em, im not going anymore they can f**k off. Not spending my money to be treated like a f*cking dog :evil:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:im sorry lads but we should still turn our backs.

It may hurt in the short term to boycot but small pains for big gains and all that

agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:35 pm

On the other board TLG and Tony Jeffereies (both in the travell group) are indicating that they are still going to boycott.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:As much as it pains me......f**k em, im not going anymore they can f**k off. Not spending my money to be treated like a f*cking dog :evil:

true words.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 pm

im not going....south mimms......f**k off

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Just spoke to my mate who is also in the Travel Club and the coaches have to be at South Mimms by 10am

:shock:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Fullt agree m8 it will be disappointing if fans travel, Freedom of choice for sure but surely a stand needs to be taken

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:43 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Just spoke to my mate who is also in the Travel Club and the coaches have to be at South Mimms by 10am

:shock:

Just heard the same, early sunday trip esp when you know the old bill will be pricks and virtually strip search everyone and everything at south mimms!! FAO travellers to West Ham, you will miss kick off, plod will make sure of it! :evil:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Personally I'll support my club through thick and thin (not saying you guys don't), I'm not missing watching my team just because of the way I get treated, in my eyes the more people who say they refuse to go, the more the police win.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:im sorry lads but we should still turn our backs.

Agree - I rang my mates and 1 is now going out of 7. We need to have a stance on this. If the police and SAG win this, then it will be standard for most of our games. :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:56 pm

welshie wrote:Personally I'll support my club through thick and thin (not saying you guys don't), I'm not missing watching my team just because of the way I get treated, in my eyes the more people who say they refuse to go, the more the police win.

U just cant see the bigger picture can u, by boycotting and getting our points across the restrictions should be relaxed allowing more of us to support the team as every other club is allowed! This is about supporting the club, by boycotting you will be helping the club get their point across!! But its the individuals choice, if you are happy being discriminated against because of the crest on your shirt then thats your choice. I for one have more self respect.
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 pm

I agree i really think we all should fuk this trip off :arrow: you will not c this happen to any 1 else in the leugue this season its total desrespect for us :ayatollah:

coz we are welsh :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:02 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
welshie wrote:Personally I'll support my club through thick and thin (not saying you guys don't), I'm not missing watching my team just because of the way I get treated, in my eyes the more people who say they refuse to go, the more the police win.

U just cant see the bigger picture can u, by boycotting and getting our points across the restrictions should be relaxed allowing more of us to support the team as every other club is allowed! This is about supporting the club, by boycotting you will be helping the club get their point across!! But its the individuals choice, if you are happy being discriminated against because of the crest on your shirt then thats your choice. I for one have more self respect.

To be onest I'm just used to it, don't see the point in boycotting because all your doing is denying yourself the chance to watch the match and support your team. Do you really think the Met will care if 400 less Cardiff fans turn up? No they will be delighted.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Respect your view but.

IMO A stand needs to be made, it is a cause worth fighting for. Enough of the bowing down to unfair restrictions.

Why should a Family consisting of a Husband and Wife and 2 children have to endure sitting on a Coach from 7am to tavel to South Mimms services by 10am, to be held there for goodness knows how long in potentialy boiling hot conditions to be treated like cattle, criminals, scum, why shouldnt they have the freedom to travel to London on Saturday, stay over night and see the sights and then travel to Upton Park Sunday Morning.

Why can a group of law abiding lads or mixed group of friends do the same.

Why should a fan who doesnt like traveling on a Coach not be allowed to travel by Car or Train under his own esteem.

Why have we only got 1250 Tickets.

Its all a loads of bollocks and the longer we accept it the longer it will continue.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:08 pm

I just want to point out that I hate coach travel, and I always travel through my own steam with a group of my mates (unless it's a bubble of course), but my point still stands that if a boycott is done, who exactly is going to listen? Who exactly does it hurt? West Ham won't care they still have to pay the same police fees, the Met will be delighted as I said because less people to police etc etc

The only people that will be affected by you boycotting would be you, and no point would be made.

Just my opinion of course :)

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 pm

welshie wrote:I just want to point out that I hate coach travel, and I always travel through my own steam with a group of my mates (unless it's a bubble of course), but my point still stands that if a boycott is done, who exactly is going to listen? Who exactly does it hurt? West Ham won't care they still have to pay the same police fees, the Met will be delighted as I said because less people to police etc etc

The only people that will be affected by you boycotting would be you, and no point would be made.

No Welshie, a Point would be made.

if we sell 1250 tickets under these conditions nobody outside of Cardiff will know what the fans have had to endure to be there.

If the stand is empty, people will ask why, the bbc will bring it up, this is what we need, we need to get exposure, that is the only way people will start to listen and ask hang on, why is the Cardiff end empty. We need to be united and write to our MP's the club need to get onside, someone need to get a Welsh MP to bring it up in Parliment.

We are obviously seeing this totaly differently as I think that fans who do go are just playing into the hands of the authorities and helping to lay the foundations for this discrimination to carry on into the future.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:53 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:On the other board TLG and Tony Jeffereies (both in the travell group) are indicating that they are still going to boycott.

I know tony is not going himself but if the people who have booked with him still want to go and he can fill his buses,the buses will still go but he wont be on any of them

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Tickets £32.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 pm

We're being treated differently to other football fans in this Division, and its wrong, they can shove it up their arse.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
welshie wrote:I just want to point out that I hate coach travel, and I always travel through my own steam with a group of my mates (unless it's a bubble of course), but my point still stands that if a boycott is done, who exactly is going to listen? Who exactly does it hurt? West Ham won't care they still have to pay the same police fees, the Met will be delighted as I said because less people to police etc etc

No Welshie, a Point would be made.

if we sell 1250 tickets under these conditions nobody outside of Cardiff will know what the fans have had to endure to be there.

If the stand is empty, people will ask why, the bbc will bring it up, this is what we need, we need to get exposure, that is the only way people will start to listen and ask hang on, why is the Cardiff end empty. We need to be united and write to our MP's the club need to get onside, someone need to get a Welsh MP to bring it up in Parliment.

We are obviously seeing this totaly differently as I think that fans who do go are just playing into the hands of the authorities and helping to lay the foundations for this discrimination to carry on into the future.

I agree, boycott is needed.
Was really looking forward to this but going to give it a miss.
East end pubs for me and hopefully many other Cardiff

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:We're being treated differently to other football fans in this Division, and its wrong, they can shove it up their arse.

Exactly Tommy.

The more we comply the more they will do it to us.

Eventualy it will just become the norm. :evil:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Two fans only to buy tickets for the lower tier and then unfurl a large banner stating:

'NO MORE BUBBLES'

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm

bluebird61 wrote:Two fans only to buy tickets for the lower tier and then unfurl a large banner stating:

'NO MORE BUBBLES'

:D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

I cannot believe that we are not TOTALLY BOYCOTTING this game and refusing to sell any tickets at all for it. We had no restrictions for Millwall and we had a great trip there with no trouble from fans or police. We will never burst this bubble travel imposition on us unless we make a stand.This is the perfect time to do just that. Imagine the impact an empty away fans stand will make on national T.V. Everyone knows we have massive away support and it will really highlight this issue if we boycott. I also believe that for the return fixture treat them like they treat us. I FOR ONE CAN'T WAIT FOR POMPEY AWAY.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 pm

They can shove their tickets up where they are forever blowing bubbles.
Make a stand now or they will all be at it. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I agree with the sentiments but having paid for trains and hotels, there is no way I'll be missing the game so it's the home end for me and 3 other boys - will we be the only ones?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Devide And Rule.....it's what Makes Britain GREAT. :old:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:32 pm

NO :old: :ayatollah: