Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The vale update....

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Watched the boys train today, supprised to see how physical it was. Malky drumming it into them to put their bodies on the line which was nice to see. Earnie, mcphail and Quinn did fitness work and darcey and Conway were in the gym.
Kiss looked really good, Alex evans didn't look out of place, whittingham was unbelievably skilful and scored off every shot. All looked sharp and a very good bond and atmosphere between them all.

I then attended the malky q & a in the pavilion, got to be honest I was really impressed with how he came across, while this was happening kenny miller popped his head in, still waiting for some documents.

The players boarded the bus for Bournemouth, earnie didn't travel (said bout a week away from playing) everyone else travelled. A taxi then turned up and it was rudy gestede so he travelled to Bournmouth too, looked as if he just came from the airport!!

A bit vague but I'm on my phone!!
Bring the season on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The vale update....

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

I was there mate. Sat behind corky. I was the 1 with the bleached hair.
Nice to talk with miller and ernie and co on way out

Thanks, good little insight. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers mate!!! Great update!! Did Miller get on the bus to Bournemouth??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks for the info, great to hear Miller was there just waiting for some more paperwork, hopefully sign soon. Also the news on Gestede travelling to Bournmouth with the team.

HAPPY DAYS AHEAD :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Double G wrote:I was there mate. Sat behind corky. I was the 1 with the bleached hair.
Nice to talk with miller and ernie and co on way out

I was sat in the corner behind u with grey jacket, :ayatollah: :D

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Cheers mate!!! Great update!! Did Miller get on the bus to Bournemouth??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No he didn't get on the bus, may go down later. Still waiting for paperwork to go through and not insured to play for us yet!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Nice up date thanks

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 pm

thanks for the update :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Cheers mate.

Heard good things about Malky and Miller's relationship with fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 pm

How do you get to watch the training? Some guy was asking MacCauliffe on Twitter when the sesssions were so he could take his son and he was told they were private.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Wayne S wrote:How do you get to watch the training? Some guy was asking MacCauliffe on Twitter when the sesssions were so he could take his son and he was told they were private.

He likes to think he knows everything, IMO. Bit of a weirdo but there we are :lol:

When I saw him say that training sessions are private, I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ! :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Good update, :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 pm

hiya lads is it ok just to pop down and watch them train then????????????????????????????????

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:15 am

no1bluebird wrote:hiya lads is it ok just to pop down and watch them train then????????????????????????????????

I was told training sessions were private but I still went down. As long as there's not a lot of people there and you stand back from the pitches your fine, I was also told yesterday that if they are working on set plays or any private stuff your stopped at the gates, not sure how true this is!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:22 am

I don't think that's true either. Iv been lots of times and never been stopped. Also been there when working on free kicks and corners.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:41 am

Cheers lads!

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am

Nakedbussurfer wrote:
no1bluebird wrote:hiya lads is it ok just to pop down and watch them train then????????????????????????????????

I was told training sessions were private but I still went down. As long as there's not a lot of people there and you stand back from the pitches your fine, I was also told yesterday that if they are working on set plays or any private stuff your stopped at the gates, not sure how true this is!! :ayatollah:

ive never been stopped and go down there a few times in the week when work is quiet, that bloke on twitter his so up his own arse its unreal, he edit videos down city and thinks hes running the show. You can always watch training pal im certain :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 am

can anybody here gimme directions to the Vale training centre? I would love to go watch a training session :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:04 am

junction 34 on m4 head towards pendoylan and follow signs simples

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am

cheeers mate got the directions now - done a bit of research. For anyone interested here they are. Any ideas what time the players are having their training sessions there?

From Junction 34 of M4
- Take the exit signposted for Pendoylan and Hensol
- Take 1st right following signs for Pendoylan, Hensol and Vale Hotel.
- Take 1st right, signposted Hensol, Miskin and Vale Hotel.
- Take 1st left, just before white house on the bend.
- Follow road up the hill and Vale resort gates are on the right.

Cardiff City’s building is on the right hand side of the drive (just past the apartments) as you drive up to the hotel. The building is clearly marked with Cardiff City FC sign and the Cardiff Blues.

FREE parking available at the training ground.