Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Impromptu meeting today with Malky Mackay, just a few fans there who subscribe to Cardiff city world and who could get there Today

I only had a message Yesterday and I was going down the club anyway to see Julian and Wayne about other stuff....I only knew one person there amongst the fans and there were about three or 4 children there with their dads who were outside looking for autographs so the club invited them in...all very casual and available on Cardiff City world to view.

Bullet points included

His thoughts on the fans and the great welcome he and all the new staff and players have had from all at Cardiff City and particularly the fans.

The ayatollah and his thoughts on that ritual, all positive.

Team formation and how he likes to change it and vary it during games

His thoughts on big striker up front opposed to other options

New signings will still come in

Miller needs paper work sorted

French lad impressed in Spain and will be coming back for talks

General stuff about the club

How he wanted to go out into the community and meet as many fans as possible, taking with him players and staff to informal meetings around south Wales

How he wants the players to interact more with the fans especially at away games following games regardless of results.

How he would love to manage Scotland one day but he wants to be a successful club manager first and foremost and will do all he can to get Cardiff City success.

He was humble, easy going passionate,but confident.

Re: Malky Mackay

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Cheers Corky! So far so good! Its great to hear our manager talk so positively about the fans and want to get out into the local community. If Malky can harness the passion of our huge local support then we will be a force to be reckoned with. Ive already noticed how well he is getting on with the local media and thats also a very positive step! Hearing things like this just makes me so happy that Jones has gone, i cant imagine how i would be feeling if he was still here

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

He is doing a hell of a job so far.

Let's hope we all think the same when the real business starts!

Thanks Corky.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Fair play...Malky's desire to engage with our fan base and the community is exactly the approach a manager should adopt at our club and will go a long way to ensuring a unified approach.

Like we've always said, the only way we'll achieve our dream is if we're all pulling in the same direction - if we go up we go up as one :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Nice to meet you today Paul and have a chat about the City

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

yes, be careful though, people will start slagging you off for being inside a circle :D

It will be great when 200-300 people get the chance to hear Malky talk at informal meetings in clubs around south Wales, he is a real genuine bloke.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

What were his thoughts on the big striker debate, Paul?