Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WEST HAM Alternative

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Perhaps the supporters club and other official coaches could boycott the West Ham game and travel to watch the game on TV in some bars at Wembley, then you will see the police shit themselves as we mingle with Man United and Man City fans. Perhaps a march around Wembley with some banners would bring some headlines. :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Re: WEST HAM Alternative

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Good idea but they'll just say we were looking for trouble etc. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Now there's a quality idea; imagine the faces of all the Mancs when hundreds of Cardiff turn up at Wembley!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Rhondda Bluebird wrote:Good idea but they'll just say we were looking for trouble etc. :ayatollah:

Agree, but we need to put up a fight as fans (not literally...lol).
This is happening every year and will not change until we take a hard stance.
At least by doing this, it will send a message to ALL police forces - Ignore us as supporters at your peril. It would cost them loads of money to police, especially when budgets are being cut by the police forces.
Lets hope the supporters clubs will boycott this shambles.
FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:58 pm

MalagaCF wrote:
Rhondda Bluebird wrote:Good idea but they'll just say we were looking for trouble etc. :ayatollah:

At least by doing this, it will send a message to ALL police forces - Ignore us as supporters at your peril. It would cost them loads of money to police, especially when budgets are being cut by the police forces.

I think it'd only work aslong as there's no trouble involving us... just make alot of noise! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Rhondda Bluebird wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

I think it'd only work aslong as there's no trouble involving us... just make alot of noise! :D :ayatollah:

Yes agree, hopefully the press will be there too to put it on national news. :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 pm

sorry lads feel sorry for the real fans but you can blame the chelsea fiasco for this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:sorry lads feel sorry for the real fans but you can blame the chelsea fiasco for this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Or they couldnt be bothered to police it as its the Charity Shield and we are the scapegoats. :cry: :cry:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:06 pm

And on the plus side you will save money off match day tickets etc.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:48 am

I will be disappointed if the supporters clubs dont fight this by not going to the game.
The game should not be attended.
If they dont fight this, then I hope they dont moan when it happens later in the season, because it will !!!! :cry: :cry:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:21 am

MalagaCF wrote:I will be disappointed if the supporters clubs dont fight this by not going to the game.
The game should not be attended.
If they dont fight this, then I hope they dont moan when it happens later in the season, because it will !!!! :cry: :cry:

Not a good idea to have this alternative now.

By allowing us to have a voucher exchange the stubborn police boss has backed down which is a victory for us fans. We were never going to get our way outright. I believe we are going to put the same restrictions on West Ham fans which I am not too comfortable able but this is a way of saying to other clubs we wont be pushed about. I believe the clubs last year who put restrictions on us where we gave them no restrictions have been told that whatever they put on us we will do in return. Apparently this has worked as Bristol City who put a bubble on us while we gave them no restrictions, now the Wurzels have told us they will accept a voucher exchnge and we have put the same restrictions on them. Think the same will apply to Millwall and Leeds, whatever they do to us we will do to them. Not my way of doing things but so far it is working for us.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:05 am

MalagaCF wrote:

I'm not sure when people on here are going to realise that we fans can make all the stands we want, we can go on as many demonstrations that we want, but only legal action will stop these bubble trips and reduced allocations and, ultimately, it is the people at our club who hold the power to get this changed. All these well intentioned ideas are basically just posturing by the supporters and will lead nowhere. Previous marches have had no effect whatsoever, no matter what Glyn or Vince will try to tell you, and the fact the restrictions are still in place is concrete evidence of this fact

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 am

It is a good idea in theory but as there aren't a lot of pubs around wembley it would be difficult. You're probably better having a drink around euston/kings cross as the Manchester train comes in at euston. Or probably even better to go to baker St as the mancs are going to pass through there and probably get off there for a few beers as there are a few pubs around there.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:43 am

The problem with our club in the past the club played the fans against each other. Remember leeds the RAMS done a total ban CCSC took a bus up and they were all rewarded with extra cup tickets (Arsenal away i think). If the fans are boycotting the game it's got to be a total boycott. Or better still f**k the tickets and turn up en-mass at the game that way OB wont have a clue on how many police are needed and it will totaly f**k up their day. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:12 pm

dai-ton wrote:The problem with our club in the past the club played the fans against each other. Remember leeds the RAMS done a total ban CCSC took a bus up and they were all rewarded with extra cup tickets (Arsenal away i think). If the fans are boycotting the game it's got to be a total boycott. Or better still f**k the tickets and turn up en-mass at the game that way OB wont have a clue on how many police are needed and it will totaly f**k up their day. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes totally agree, turn up en-masse and watch their wage bill etc go through the roof. Teach them a lesson instead of agreeing everything they do. Im very disappointed with our supporters groups lieing down without a fight. I hope they dont moan further into the season when it happens on a regular basis.
I know everyone has a choice, but are we going to let this happen for the next 10 years or so.If so, then I hope that I dont hear anyone mourn about allocations, inflated ticket prices to pay for the police bill, early mornings and bubble trips..... :cry: