Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Trading Standards

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

If Trading Standards find against the Club will this force Ridders out, seeing as all the statements and false promises came from him?

Any ideas/thoughts

Re: Trading Standards

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:34 pm

BlueView wrote:If Trading Standards find against the Club will this force Ridders out, seeing as all the statements and false promises came from him?

Any ideas/thoughts

It would help, but I feel Guy and Borley will force him out this Feb.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BlueView wrote:If Trading Standards find against the Club will this force Ridders out, seeing as all the statements and false promises came from him?

Any ideas/thoughts

It would help, but I feel Guy and Borley will force him out this Feb.

on what grounds ? ;)

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:03 am

Anyone taking action against the Riddler should win under there statuary rights. Under the sale of goods act you should not be sold goods including season tickets ,that have been sold to you threw misleading sales tactics.
If you have been misled then you are entitled to a refund or compensation or even both if you can prove hardship. and it is allegal for the club to deny you your statuary rights.
Personally i wont be asking for my money back as it will harm the club i love i just want the Riddler out of our club then i will consider it case closed.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:03 am

incompetance, and they hate him like us :lol:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:18 am

dont get trading standards involved now coz it wud put CCFC under , wait til May coz Riddler says we get a full refund on promotion . Thats the time to bring them in if we go up and he dont pay us , but by then he will BE GONE !!! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:25 am

Well Kevin Brennan, MP for Cardiff West and Consumer Affairs Minister sems to think the club may have “mis-sold” season tickets and be vulnerable to a Trading Standards investigation. He said this yesterday in a Wales On - Line article -

“Bluebirds fans deserve a fair deal and it is possible that Cardiff City supporters might well have been mis-sold their season tickets.

“The Consumer Protection Regulations (CPRs) prohibit traders from using false or deceptive statements which are likely to cause the average consumer to make a different choice.

“The issue then would seem to be whether the average supporter would have purchased a season ticket early had they known that the money would not go towards bringing in new players during the January transfer window.

“I would urge any Cardiff City supporter concerned over the manner in which they were sold their season ticket to seek advice from the local Trading Standards office.”

Not good when you have the UK Governments Minister for Consumer Affairs making such comments.

That article went on to say - Trading Standards has already confirmed it is looking into the matter to see if it falls under its remit.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 am

well its done now and in my mind Ive moved on and at least Ive helped a bit for CCFC , still want Ridsdale out tho and the sooner the better !! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:45 am

Any ideas/thoughts

I imagine they would find against the company and not an individual in this case if it happened (doubt it will though)

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 am

Humphry's wrote:

Any ideas/thoughts

I imagine they would find against the company and not an individual in this case if it happened (doubt it will though)

I agree. There is plenty of evidence to charge the club or even Riddler with a criminal offence of debliberate false discription, but the Trading Standards are such a spineless bunch of wankers and I wouldn't expect them to do more than just turn a blind eye.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 am

If trading standards were involved I think they only thing they could fight for is money back due to sold under false pretences

but given the state of the club how many fans would actualy want a refund?

I dont want my money back - I just hope the club will be around next season so I can use the ticket.

I believe we should continue the protests which will grow in numbers. a lot of people will wait until the 10th Feb before making a decission so for now we should keep it going and keep media attention on PR _ OUT

Sack