Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When Chopra Returns ...

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 am

What will you do? I'll never forget the goals, the good times, the effort. Scoring against the Jacks in that 2-1 win giving it all against Blackpool when so many bottled it,but after seeing him out myself the night before games last season till 3 - 4 in the morning I lost all respect for him. Although I dont boo at games I imagine people will ..

Re: When Chopra Returns ...

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 am

Will applaud him, for sure. Haven't forgotten the Boro fiasco though.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 am

Clap him before the game, boo him during the game

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Will applaud him, for sure. Haven't forgotten the Boro fiasco though.

yeah the worst thing is that's the only the start of it, although he was'nt playing in a few I saw him in strip clubs and bars at 4 in the morning night before a game. Sometimes on the bench, sometimes played his attitude stank pal. Hope he does get welcomed back though

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am

I'll clap he did a many great things here and was partially mismanaged by the club.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:32 am

RFMH wrote:I'll clap he did a many great things here and was partially mismanaged by the club.

To be honest i think you've hit nail on the head pal, Jones let them get away with murder. Still makes me feel sick we did'nt get promotion with that squad its an absolute joke

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 am

cecilccfc wrote:
RFMH wrote:I'll clap he did a many great things here and was partially mismanaged by the club.

To be honest i think you've hit nail on the head pal, Jones let them get away with murder. Still makes me feel sick we did'nt get promotion with that squad its an absolute joke

Without doubt Dave Jones management of the players was the biggest failure I've ever seen at our club in the 40 years I have been following. Yes Chopra scored those important goals but he totally blew it all regarding his icon status at the end of last season. Dave Jones knew about Chopras problems before signing him therefore has to take responsibility for his actions. That is a managers job.

Cardiff fans have always welcomed back ex players and managers who put a shift in. Micheal Chopra and Dave Jones dont deserve our welcome.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:02 am

Clap

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 am

I'll have a big bet with him that he doesn't score when we are out on the lash the night before the game.

Chopra was a great player for us most of the time.

Nobody is perfect

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 am

He will have the same as all ex city who play against us.
Abuse! Childish I know but can't afford to be polite to many ex players have came back to haunt us.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:41 am

Chops has a lot of personal problems which he has brought upon himself because of his lifestyle,but
I'll just remember him for what he brought to our club.
The 100% effort he gave us in every game is enough for me to show my appreciation by applauding
him when his name is announced.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:59 am

chops can be his own worst enemy at times but on the pitch he always gave it his best.His late goal to sink the jacks a couple of seasons ago was a magical moment plus he didnt choose to leave the club or screw us over so personally ill be applauding him before the game.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:05 pm

In my eyes he will always be a legend,the winner against the jacks,the only one running his bollox off against Blackpool,i like many will give him a good reception. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:38 pm

"You're pissed and you know you are, you're pissed and you know you are"

Sorry, I mean I'll clap before the game.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Just clap him before the game and that's it. No booing. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:49 pm

i wont clap or boo, il just offer him 10pints the night before