Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anybody had.....

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 am

phone calls from an Indian sounding voice(dave) :D about a virus problem with windows and asking me to switch on my computor and he will talk me throu putting it right, although i dont have a problem.
two calls now in two days.....told him no thanks and rung off. i havent seen anything on the news about a problem.

Re: anybody had.....

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am

Anyone from India, or anywhere else for that matter, who calls me to tell me there's a problem with my computer before I know about it will get a "f**k off" from me

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Anyone from India, or anywhere else for that matter, who calls me to tell me there's a problem with my computer before I know about it will get a "f**k off" from me

sounds good to me :ayatollah: :D

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 pm

we get them all the time. my dad works for bt as a computer consultant and has for 30 years so knows his stuff. he jus plays with the persons knowledge asking them what computer whats the ip address were the problem is and it ends up he outsmarts them and they have to call their manager for assistance. so jus have fun with them and play along but not give any details out. or another thing me and my dad have been doin is if they ring and say its so and so from windows ill say " aww yer glad you phoned my mum wanted a quite for a conservatory"

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 pm

beano1 wrote:phone calls from an Indian sounding voice(dave) :D about a virus problem with windows and asking me to switch on my computor and he will talk me throu putting it right, although i dont have a problem.
two calls now in two days.....told him no thanks and rung off. i havent seen anything on the news about a problem.

If you haven't reported it then just put the phone down and don't enter into any conversations

There are several scams around at the moment involving home telephones and mobiles

Unscrupulous businesses (mainly from the Swansea area!! :lol: ) are selling on phone details (if not names and addresses) and the recipients are taking 'pot luck' at contacting unsuspecting people

One of the latest (on mobile) is to text with an unbelievable offer on certain popular items, such as alcoholic drinks etc, and getting you to text back to 'find out more information' from them. The problem?? The text will cost you a lot of money and there is NO product at the end....

As I said, if you don't know them or haven't asked for them just put the phone down....

You can, of course, always sign up to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) which certainly helps stop unsolicited calls, even if not 100%

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: