Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEE NAYLOR TODAY

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Fair play he had a great game today and also well impressed with the youbg lad Ibrahim, made the most of his opurtunity today. Great support at least 500 and great to see all the players and Malky come over at the l.[*]

Re: LEE NAYLOR TODAY

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:46 pm

I've been saying before Naylor will come good, he just needed a right manager to gain his confidence again. For me, I think Parkin may have a bad season, especially if the fans get on his back all the time. I just hope the fans will give Parkin a chance, because he never had a proper run of games when he signed for us.

I dont really care if we won or lost today, these pre-season games is to check whether players are fit, trying different formations etc.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:26 pm

how was naylor defensively today ? going forward hes ok but let us down playing left back last season,no pace and poor tackler,hopefully hell become a useful squad player,thought he looked good against celtic but still got a lot of unnecessary stick

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 pm

naylor is fecking shit everyone knows hes not up to championship level these days every game he playes the other side target his flank knowing hes are weakest link i could name 6-7games last year where he played total garbage in a row which cozt us points after points and DJ still played him yet everyone we played focussed playing the ball to there winger or behind him,ok he played a friendly ok today vs below par players compared to are league but the guys innept lets face it 1half deacent game in 25 aint good enough :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Naylor was deservedly dropped last season but I believe he could come good. He offers plenty going forward but admittedly he can be more than a little off defensively.

I do remember going on the Wolves forum, quite a few years ago now when he played for them and they said the best work Glen Hoddle did was turn Naylor from a shocking fullback into one of the best in the league. Even tho he is around 30 I think he needs a confidence boost and under MM he might get that. I still dont want him starting but I think if he gets a chance in the team he should get supported as I do think he could come good.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:53 pm

New season, new start. I won't be negative about him until he starts playing badly. That goes for all of them. Clean slate.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Fair play he had a great game today and also well impressed with the youbg lad Ibrahim, made the most of his opurtunity today. Great support at least 500 and great to see all the players and Malky come over at the l.[*]

I thought Farah did well too Gwyn.

Much more than 500 though 7-800 I reckon.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:36 pm

just got bak from the game, thought city were ok, as long as no one gets injured and any mistakes they make are worked on, the result means nothing, thought naylor was ok as well, bournemouth are not shit either, thought some of there football was a different gravy, still a lot of work to do, but as long as we dont get relegated, i'll be happy, though i would still be there :ayatollah: by the way gwyn, i was the fella sat next to you from hove, enjoy the rest of ur holiday m8 :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Didn't go to the game today but Naylor played well against Celtic and the goal didn't come from his side. We won't see any one blame the other defenders though will we. :roll: He did make mistakes last year and played terrible at times but its ridiculous to always make him the fall guy purely because he's easier to blame.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:48 pm

What I found refreshing was the warm up especially for the keepers, had them working on crosses it looked a lot more organised....it was fantastic to see youth on the field, Farah done well and the crowd saw his potential.....Bournmouths first goal was a cracker and all of us just applauded......great day out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm

yeah he played great, i was there, his free kicks are great but no-one realises it. youtube his free kicks for celtic, some of them are great! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Naylor needs to be supported no ridiculed, he wears the shirt for f**k's sake. Every footballer goes through a bad patch, it may not always be his fault as he might be following the manager's orders. Getting on a players back is always self defeating as it affects the rest of the team as well. This infantile behavior has to be stopped at CCFC otherwise we are going nowhere. If the half-wits that do the jeering and booing cannot understand this then they should be thrown out of the ground and told to go where they will feel at home: Swansea.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 pm

naylor had bellamy in front of him quite alot last season in which most times bellers attacked but never tracked back to cover naylor who had his and bellers man attacking. :roll:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 am

jinks-rct wrote:naylor had bellamy in front of him quite alot last season in which most times bellers attacked but never tracked back to cover naylor who had his and bellers man attacking. :roll:

agree and disagree, naylor should have done better...end of.
Bellers is best when attacking but it annoys me when people say he defended well, making one exceptional drive back at max pace does not make good cover. IMO witts was better than burke and bellers when out wide for defensive cover but because he didnt do that silly mad burst once every 15mins it didnt seem so effective.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:04 am

I cannot believe I'm reading all this. Naylor has been very poor defensively in both games and was shocking last season. He was one of the first on the list of players to be replaced. I thought Taylor was bought to to do that with Kevin as cover and we'd seen the last of Naylor, but it looks like Malky is persevering. In the Celtic game Taylor spent a lot of time covering him but even then he gave away at least two free kicks in dangerous places because he had to foul instead of tackle due to his lack of pace. He's had his chance and under performed again and again last year. This season looks no different.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:20 am

Bluebeetle wrote:I cannot believe I'm reading all this. Naylor has been very poor defensively in both games and was shocking last season. He was one of the first on the list of players to be replaced. I thought Taylor was bought to to do that with Kevin as cover and we'd seen the last of Naylor, but it looks like Malky is persevering. In the Celtic game Taylor spent a lot of time covering him but even then he gave away at least two free kicks in dangerous places because he had to foul instead of tackle due to his lack of pace. He's had his chance and under performed again and again last year. This season looks no different.

totally agree the guys out of his depth in this league let alone a lower league friendly,and MM seen naylor vs watford last year and we all know what happen there in both games when MM targeted naylor then the guy got subbed twice but in both games by DJ as anyone could see the games was over already but it was two late in both games as we was 2or 3 down in both b4 he got subbed and MM is sticking with him kind of strange :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:40 am

According to the story in Wales online today - Naylor was constantly under pressure as Bournemouth targeted Naylor defensively and he didn't have that good a game? :?

I won't be happy seeing Naylor lining up against the likes of Westham on live TV.....

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:03 am

Naylor has been playing because of the injury to Conway which has forced Taylor to play in midfield, MM has admitted this. It does highlight however the lack of numbers in these positions. Naylor can be very good at times but we ALL know what happens when he plays against a pacy winger and I MM will be fully aware of this from the Watford game last season