Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My views on Bournemouth

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Good day out firstly and a great turn out by us for a pre season friendly.Was the first time I got to see the new team couldn't make it to the celtic game wednesday.It was only a friendly so im not taking any notice of the scoreline but these are a few of my thoughts on the team.

The first new signing that stood out was Joe Mason I think hes going to be a very goood player and could play some part this year.Always looking for the ball,alway willing to chase down the oposition and not scare to turn and run at the defence with the ball.Think he'll get a couple of goals this season

Aron Gunnarson- A terrier in midfield.Looks like he has got the quality to go with it too.Seen flashes of a really good player and once he get an understanding with whitts those two in the centre will be as good as anyone in this league.

Don cowie- Don't think hes a winger but again I don't think they've got the undestanding that you get from playing together yet.A steady midfielder and I think he's going to be a player that will only improve once the team gel.

Taylor- The first thing that stood out for me was the quality of his crosses quite a few times he put dangerous balls into the box from corners and open play.Also has a sweet strike as we seen with the goal! One conways in I think he'll be put at left back but I think hes a very good signing.

Filip Kiss- Came on second half for the last 20 minutes.Considering he hasn't trained with the team yet he looked very confortable on the ball.Looks like he's got a bit of skill aswell and one point in the second half performed a rainbow flick and a shot.Very tall and looks like he'd have some presence in the midfield.

Was a good workout for the team and although I don't think the understanding with eachother is there yet ,there was flashes of what looks to be a very good and exciting team as we seen at one point in the second half before all the changes.Oh and lastly it was great to see the players , malky and his staff coming over clapping the fans really refreshing

Re: My views on Bournemouth

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:43 pm

thats spot on mate, only down side was naylor in team but lot of positives mason is one for the future :ayatollah: , i think parkins days are numbered he tries but carring bit to much weight if parkin scores were on the pitch if parkin scores were on the pitch chant of the day

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:05 pm

gknighty89 wrote:Good day out firstly and a great turn out by us for a pre season friendly.Was the first time I got to see the new team couldn't make it to the celtic game wednesday.It was only a friendly so im not taking any notice of the scoreline but these are a few of my thoughts on the team.

The first new signing that stood out was Joe Mason I think hes going to be a very goood player and could play some part this year.Always looking for the ball,alway willing to chase down the oposition and not scare to turn and run at the defence with the ball.Think he'll get a couple of goals this season

Aron Gunnarson- A terrier in midfield.Looks like he has got the quality to go with it too.Seen flashes of a really good player and once he get an understanding with whitts those two in the centre will be as good as anyone in this league.

Don cowie- Don't think hes a winger but again I don't think they've got the undestanding that you get from playing together yet.A steady midfielder and I think he's going to be a player that will only improve once the team gel.

Taylor- The first thing that stood out for me was the quality of his crosses quite a few times he put dangerous balls into the box from corners and open play.Also has a sweet strike as we seen with the goal! One conways in I think he'll be put at left back but I think hes a very good signing.

Filip Kiss- Came on second half for the last 20 minutes.Considering he hasn't trained with the team yet he looked very confortable on the ball.Looks like he's got a bit of skill aswell and one point in the second half performed a rainbow flick and a shot.Very tall and looks like he'd have some presence in the midfield.

Was a good workout for the team and although I don't think the understanding with eachother is there yet ,there was flashes of what looks to be a very good and exciting team as we seen at one point in the second half before all the changes.Oh and lastly it was great to see the players , malky and his staff coming over clapping the fans really refreshing

great report fella great to here malky etc coming over to the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:08 pm

With all respect lads but every player you mention done well,yet you lost.Its a friendly so means f**k all,but if you say the new players did ok does that mean the rest were shit?ps heard ther was a hen party from swansea ther,

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:10 pm

tomo wrote:thats spot on mate, only down side was naylor in team but lot of positives mason is one for the future :ayatollah: , i think parkins days are numbered he tries but carring bit to much weight if parkin scores were on the pitch if parkin scores were on the pitch chant of the day

FFS.

We have a new manager so every player should be given a second chance, I heard Naylor had a good game. Get behind him!