Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL MALKY GET GRAHAM DORRANS???

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Graham Dorrans was last season playing as an Attacking Midfielder for Premier League West Brom and the Scotland national side.
In the 2009–10 season, he helped West Brom gain promotion to the Premier League and was named in the Championship Team of the Year in the process. Dorrans has been described as a composed, creative, combative and consistent player.

He's an attacking midfielder who can sit behind the front two and crack them in from 30 yards. At the moment we have defensive midfielders Gunnerson and Taiwo -and not sure where Cowie sits.
We have played Whits,Taylor and Cowie out of position in friendlies as we have no midfield with Mcphail and conway injured, MM may be thinking Kiss is the man to attack, however most i've heared is he is more defensive.

We need somone to support the front two and not leave them isolated.
You can see that at the moment, especially as Parkin is struggling and Mason just starting out.

Great that Millar and Gestede are in (la fair compliment of strikers now) but our midfield need some depth too. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WILL MALKY GET GRAHAM DORRANS???

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Never gonna happen, £5m plus easily

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:49 pm

That will be Whits role

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Need wingers

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:56 pm

kg1 wrote:That will be Whits role

So will it be 4 across the middle;

Whits - Gunnerson - Cowie - Conway
with Kiss, Taiwo, Farrah and Macphail as back ups
Wouldn't Whits be wide rather than in the middle though?

Taylor will replace Naylor in defence surely ??

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:58 pm

RFMH wrote:Need wingers

Yeah - i think your right mate now i've given it more thought (duh) :idea:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:00 pm

He's a great player at this level and just what we need but not only will west brom not sell him but we couldn't afford him! Didn't west ham offer around £8m for him last summer?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:02 pm

why would dorrans make a drop from premier league to championship ? silly question guys !