Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Defenders

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 pm

All these forwards and midfielders we signing the defence worries me we need a good centre half and a good goal keeper exactly like last season the defence needs sorting out

Re: Defenders

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Defence is fine, the only issue we had was a left back, with Naylor gaining confidence with guidance of Malky and signing of Taylor and the return of Gerrard, I believe defence is pretty much okay. Dont think we need another centre half, we got four as it is, and with the emergence of Alex Evans who did well against Charlton.

Goalkeepers is another position i'm happy with, we just missed Marshall last season due to his surgery, which only left Heaton as the only recognised keeper. Dont think it would do any justice signing a 3rd keeper, because he would rarely have any game time and wouldnt do us any good if called upon. I believe Santiago would do well for us, especially if hes going to be playing for the under 21's and reserves next season. Signing a 3rd established keeper would be mad, it would be a waste of wages, which could be used elsewhere.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 pm

We need a keeper to be no 1 not 3rd choice plus a centre half who's going to play every week not sit on the bench

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Having Gerrard back will be like having a new signing anyway and I know Hudson's had his critics (me 1 of them) but he really turned it around last season and the games he did play he was one of our most consistent performers so I think those 2 are more than capable of building a good partnership :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 pm

I agree about Hudson he was really good last season gerrard also but we need a quick dominant centre half and a commanding goal keeper

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Well I don't think we'll buy a new defender but we may loan one if any good one's from the premier league get left out of the 25 man squad, cant think of any names of the top of my head that would be realistic though. As with the keepers it seems most of us are split about having heaton or marshall in between the sticks, me personally would be happy with either of them starting so the keeping position is not a problem for me :ayatollah: