Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So little work around Ive ended up.....

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Midfield general wrote:going for my taxi licence for back-up.

Anyone been on the taxis before..? If so what has been your experience of it..?

Went in one once and the fucker took me for a right ride :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:49 pm

I wouldn't suggest going on top of a taxi as its probaly dangerous, how ever there is another alternative....go inside of one :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 am

a taxi driver in Cardiff :o :o

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 am

Did it years ago, decent money to be made then but not sure about these days, you'll have to put the hours in and work Friday and Saturday nights to earn the corn.

You get some nice totty in the car sometimes but that needs to be balanced out by the arse wipes that you will also pick up.

I assume your gonna rent a vehicle? have you priced the cost on that?

Will you be working Cardiff or elsewhere? black and white or private hire? Put the hours in and you'll probably earn the bunce, it may balls up any plans you may have to do away's though as the weekend nights is where the money's at.

Best of luck if you decide to go for it.

Just one minor point I just remembered..I'm not sure if the council are still giving out new licences, thought I read that there was an over supply of taxi's on the road at the moment. :shock:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 am

DO NOT DO IT!!!!

I sell Taxi insurance and at the moment there are far to many taxi drivers. Insurance premiums are ridiculous and for a new driver like yourself it would be silly money £4000 ish. plus fuel and admin and plating and all that bollocks. you would need to work fri and sat nights aswell as days to make your money. serious hours and too many drivers to compete with.
Cardiff is a bad area at the moment. the company i work for paid out 20% more than it took in over the last 2 1/2 years. They are looking to get that money back.

get a quote on the car now and you'll be put off.

hope this helps

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 am

I wouldn't bother m8. I been a cab driver in Cardiff for 12 yrs, it's knackered. I'm looking to get out of it in the next few months.
It used to be a good number until the council delimited the amount of black & whites. I'm p/h now & it's no better.
One instance :- Last Wednesday, 10 hrs = £45 :shock: - take out your overheads (ins,radio,fuel etc) I was still down !
Upto you m8, but I wouldn't bother.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Midfield general wrote:going for my taxi licence for back-up.

Anyone been on the taxis before..? If so what has been your experience of it..?

PM Weza 65 on here mate he has not long passed the 7 stages of exams, He seems very happy with his new job.
Come on the forum piss up saturday and you will get to meet him. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm

The only way to make coin on them is bypass all the licence and insurance bollocks and pick ppl up off the street :oops: ;)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Good luck mate :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I ordered a taxi the other day.

When it turned up I said to the driver

'im glad you came, im glad you came'

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:45 pm

i owned my own taxi in the valleys for 9 yrs and made silly amounts of money with the contracts i had but these days to many taxis undercutting each other..
dont buy your own but get a badge and work a few shifts for someone. few fiddle fairs and tips will bump up your cash..