Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EGM notices to go out in the next week

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 am

all in this article - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25750144/ - I wonder what resolutions will be put down for that meeting.

Re: EGM notices to go out in the next week

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 am

I would like a complete breakdown on this 'stadium fit out' which apparently cost £7m. If any of that cost is involved with the corporate side which was sold onto Compass to rake in their £4.8m p/a then someone needs to be strung up.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 am

can this info be put into the public domain then and will there be a trust member in attendance coz is it a shareholders EGM or a CCFC Board EGM ?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 am

Martyn1963 wrote:can this info be put into the public domain then and will there be a trust member in attendance coz is it a shareholders EGM or a CCFC Board EGM ?

An extraordinary general meeting for Cardiff City’s shareholders, which has been demanded by the Supporters Trust, will now have to be held to approve a transaction between the club and Mr Borley, as he is a director.

It is understood that notices about the meeting will be going out in the next week.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:51 am

I suspect that it may be difficult for the trust to get the opportunity at the EGM to get answers to all the questions as the EGM is merely being held to rubber stamp this land deal.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:53 am

just read the article :)

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 am

cardiff city stadium wrote:I suspect that it may be difficult for the trust to get the opportunity at the EGM to get answers to all the questions as the EGM is merely being held to rubber stamp this land deal.

In that case they press for another EGM to hear their concerns.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
cardiff city stadium wrote:I suspect that it may be difficult for the trust to get the opportunity at the EGM to get answers to all the questions as the EGM is merely being held to rubber stamp this land deal.

yes, but more delay.I am sure Trust people are onto this,as we speak.
:ayatollah:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 am

As a shareholder the Trust can in theory propose a motion provided it is received in writing by the company (CCFC Holdings).

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 am

cardiff city stadium wrote:
Gerry Hat Trick wrote:

yes, but more delay.I am sure Trust people are onto this,as we speak.
:ayatollah:

It is possible for an EGM to be used to allow major shareholders to arrange the removal of directors with whom they have disagreed. People more in the know than me coz I know feck all :lol: may be able to inform us if this is a possibility at this EGM. Over to you inner circle :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 am

ihatealiens wrote:It is possible for an EGM to be used to allow major shareholders to arrange the removal of directors with whom they have disagreed. People more in the know than me coz I know feck all :lol: may be able to inform us if this is a possibility at this EGM. Over to you inner circle :lol: :ayatollah:

Almost certainly but which major shareholder is going to do that?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:It is possible for an EGM to be used to allow major shareholders to arrange the removal of directors with whom they have disagreed. People more in the know than me coz I know feck all :lol: may be able to inform us if this is a possibility at this EGM. Over to you inner circle :lol: :ayatollah:

We will soon find out :lol:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

ihatealiens wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

We will soon find out :lol:

I'll stay tuned. :D