Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it just me ?????

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:09 am

Is it just me or is anyone else pissed off with all this negativity from Our own fans regarding signings and the team etc ??? We have so far only played 3 pre season games and people are already on the back of earnie miller and Conway , have they even really kicked a ball ?? No only bit parts !!! I am bemused how people are dissapointed and negative, miller for one. He has a point to prove and will rip this division to pieces, the guys lethal FFS !!! And where well rid of chops and Jay jls koumas etc, when will people realise this ?? We have pretty much replaced them all ?? I have been very happy with why we've bought so far and hardly spent a penny !!! When will people realise we cannot buy success with big names ( bar Bellamy) it simply doesn't work !! We are building a TEAM quick we have been lacking for years, I think we will get Bellamy as well , a few more signings and we have what we need... Apart from time to gel as a TEAM !!! So please why can't we all get behind out team ??? It's time for us all to stand up and be counted get behind this team and manager an make as much noise as we can every week , there Is a new ethos and the building of a new foundation at our wonderful club, and it's a breath of fresh air !!
I know I'm gonna get " I've only posted twice etc" I couldn't give a f**k, where all bluebirds let's start behaving like it, rant over :ayatollah:

Re: Is it just me ?????

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 am

Sometimes I feel that our fans dont deserve promotion. I also believe what Dave Jones said was right. Some fans expectations are too high. Some people expect us to win every game 4 nil.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 am

I totally agree, newbies as well as old school that should no better, we are Cardiff city and we all love the club, but we are no Barcelona and never will be , WAKE UP !!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 am

spot on we need to realise where we were 10 years ago and the progress we are making every year :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:17 am

I'm disgusted by overoptimism on this forum lately.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:20 am

Automatic first place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am

NIBluebird wrote:Automatic first place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so uhhh.... champions then :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27 am

I posted similar last year after we had just drew at home v Reading and the players were slated on here, yeah thats right the same Reading who took us apart in play offs. I guarantee if this club made the prem you would have same ppl slagging us off for not making champs lge, wont change em trust me. Oh I miss the old days of winning in the dungeon and celebrating when we won cos it weren't that often :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am

Scruffy wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Automatic first place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so uhhh.... champions then :lol: :ayatollah:

Well realistically above mid table , we havent exactly got a squad thatll win every match or compete for top two

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:01 pm

I think anything above a mid table finish this year would be excellent, I honestly don't care as long as the players try there best, last year we had the players but they couldn't give a monkeys fart collectively if we went up or not, I'm talking about the players that have left btw !!! I went to Celtic game and there just seemed a different feeling around the place, prob just me but it felt good!! If earnie and or miller/ Gestade had played I think we would've scored, we just lacked quality in that final third, the only players that I feel won't cut it are naylor/Parkin ... I think they may be moved on once malky has what he wants, it's no coincidence that they are starting, he wants to test them out I reckon ...I'm very excited for the start of season !!! Bring it on!!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm

i did say above mid table would be a good achievement but i actually think a lot of fans are UNDERESTIMATING the team we have currently built which will be added too. i actually think playoffs is a realistic target. i'm not going to be one of those fans who predict playoffs and if we don't make it...slate the team. But i think we will give it a good go this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: