Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Supporters Club/Supporters Trust.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm

I dont want to get into a slagging match and please do not take this the wrong way, ie as a dig or bitch or snipe but
I hope that both the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust do the right thing with their allocation of tickets for the 'Meet Malky' ' Ill Be There Tour'.

What I mean by this is as follows.

I hope that the Supporters Club/Trust give their allocation of tickets to people in and around the area of Rhydyfelin working outwards as far as the demand will allow.

IMO, if there are people at the Rhydyfelin Meeting who come from Cardiff, Merthyr, Neath, Caerphily etc etc etc I think it will a bit of a piss take as it quite clearly states that the 'tour' will be going round the areas in turn and those who live in such areas will have their chance at that time.

For that reason I will not be applying for tickets for the Rhydyfelin Meet as it is not my area and there is an area on that list where they are going before Christmas which is on my doorstep.

Obviously tickets are limited and if you have say 40 people there who come from, for example, Merthyr, meaning 40 more local people cant attend and then the next meet and greet is actualy held in Merthyr it turns into a bit of a farce.

Re: Supporters Club/Supporters Trust.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Predictions :-

Trust, SC members attending will generally be the "same old, same old".
Some will post claiming this would never have occurred without the Trust...

Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:06 pm

nerd wrote:Predictions :-

Trust, SC members attending will generally be the "same old, same old".
Some will post claiming this would never have occurred without the Trust...

Iv just read elsewhere that the Supporters Trust are giving out the tickets on a first come first served basis.

If this was a one off opportunity then I would say that it was fair enough but the point is its not a one off. There will be a meeting in Blackwood, a meeting in Merthyr and a meeting in Maesteg. There will be meetings in other areas after Christmas, therefore in my opinion, people from those areas shouldnt be at the meeting in Rydyfelin.

If they are going to distribute the tickets on a first come first serves basis, thus meaning the meeting could be full of people from outside of Rhydyfelin and the surroudning area surely this defies the point as by the time the 'tour' gets to those areas half the people would have all ready been somewhere else.

A bit of a farce if you ask me, they just aswell hold monthly meetings at the CCS with attendance determined by a lottery draw of season ticket holders.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:51 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I dont want to get into a slagging match and please do not take this the wrong way, ie as a dig or bitch or snipe but
I hope that both the Supporters Club and Supporters Trust do the right thing with their allocation of tickets for the 'Meet Malky' ' Ill Be There Tour'.

I hope that the Supporters Club/Trust give their allocation of tickets to people in and around the area of Rhydyfelin working outwards as far as the demand will allow.

IMO, if there are people at the Rhydyfelin Meeting who come from Cardiff, Merthyr, Neath, Caerphily etc etc etc I think it will a bit of a piss take as it quite clearly states that the 'tour' will be going round the areas in turn and those who live in such areas will have their chance at that time.

For that reason I will not be applying for tickets for the Rhydyfelin Meet as it is not my area and there is an area on that list where they are going before Christmas which is on my doorstep.

Obviously tickets are limited and if you have say 40 people there who come from, for example, Merthyr, meaning 40 more local people cant attend and then the next meet and greet is actualy held in Merthyr it turns into a bit of a farce.

Not having a dig either, but there may well be too many fans living in the Rhydyfelin area to accommodate them all there, so I can't see why they couldn't or shouldn't be allowed to attend one of the other venues, where some of our support may be lesser!

Shouldn't those who also support the club, but live outside of those areas, also be allowed to attend one of the meeting venues?

Although I'm originally from the Rhondda and lived in Pontyclun afterwards, I now live near Tenby, which is a near 200 mile round trip to attend home matches! I haven't missed a home game in nearly 4 seasons, been to loads of away games and suspect that there are many of us ex-local fans who'd love to attend one of these meetings with Malky!

If you look at some of the member's addresses on this message board, you'll notice that like myself, there are many living a fair way away from Cardiff, like Leicester, Bristol, Dorset, Scotland and even Northern Ireland!

If we were available to make one of these meetings, shouldn't we be accommodated somewhere as well?

I don't think that just because you live near a certain local venue, should give you priority over other fans, who live elsewhere and possibly out of any of the meeting venue areas! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:29 am

Piss ups and breweries come to mind here as I cant see ANY venue being over subscribed tbh , I was there when loads filled the Brunswick in Merthyr to see Ridsdale and NO tickets were needed that evening !

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I dont want to get into a slagging match and please do not take this the wrong way, ie as a dig or bitch or snipe but

Not having a dig either, but there may well be too many fans living in the Rhydyfelin area to accommodate them all there, so I can't see why they couldn't or shouldn't be allowed to attend one of the other venues, where some of our support may be lesser!

Shouldn't those who also support the club, but live outside of those areas, also be allowed to attend one of the meeting venues?

Although I'm originally from the Rhondda and lived in Pontyclun afterwards, I now live near Tenby, which is a near 200 mile round trip to attend home matches! I haven't missed a home game in nearly 4 seasons, been to loads of away games and suspect that there are many of us ex-local fans who'd love to attend one of these meetings with Malky!

If you look at some of the member's addresses on this message board, you'll notice that like myself, there are many living a fair way away from Cardiff, like Leicester, Bristol, Dorset, Scotland and even Northern Ireland!

If we were available to make one of these meetings, shouldn't we be accommodated somewhere as well?

I don't think that just because you live near a certain local venue, should give you priority over other fans, who live elsewhere and possibly out of any of the meeting venue areas! :ayatollah:

First of all mate, yes there may well be to many fans living in the area surrounding Rhydyfelin and therefore, considering this First Meeting is in their area, imo they should be the priority, if people do miss out then by all means let them go to the next nearest meeting, this should be recorded to stop the same people going to all of the meetings. If you have someone from Barry at the meeting in Rhydyfelin at the expense of say a fella from Pontypridd then to me that is not right as there will be a meeting in Barry in the future for that said person to attend on their own doorstep.

I know this all sounds complicated but it isnt, surely the whole point of going to certain areas is for people from that area to attend. If you have people who have traveled 12-18 miles to attend it, knowing full well that in the future there is going to be the same meeting on their doorstep then it defies the point.

Secondly, of course people who support the club but live outstide of those areas should be able to attend one of the Venue's. The Venue in their catchment area! ie, if there is a meeting in Blackwood, then that covers, Ystrad Mynach, Newbridge etc etc etc. The club have said they will take the meeting to different areas to accomodate EVERYONE.

The exiles thing is a different matter and provisions should be made for them to attend as and when they can.

Lastly, of course people living within the proximity of a meeting venue should get priority mate, that is the whole point in having a traveling roadshow! That is the whole point in traveling to different areas for fans from that area to go.

Otherwise its like a School in Cardiff bringing in a Magician but none of the pupils being able to go cos the hall is full of people from Neath.