Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'Glorious Goodwood Thread'

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 pm

With calls for a 'Gamblers Den' type section like the Buying and Selling, and QandA not looking like happening I thought I would create a thread for those of us who like the Horses to share our tips, fancies, guesses, whatever on for this weeks Gloriuous Goodwood.

It could get a bit messy, so please only post selections for each day and lets not try and clog the thread up with unrelated threads.

Lets see if we can help each other win some money over the next 5 days racing.

Good Luck. I will post my 'tips' tomorow.

Re: 'Glorious Goodwood Thread'

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Now I know this sounds dull, are only tips from Goodwood allowed?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm

A non posting friend of mine sent me these earlier.

2.00 - All Action
2.35 - Slumber E/W
3.10 - Strong Suit
3.45 - Requinto
4.20 - Sequoia
4.50 - Master Mylo - Viva Vetori E/W
5.25 - Rocket Rob.

Going to have a good look myself later and in the morning.. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:25 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:A non posting friend of mine sent me these earlier.

2.00 - All Action = 12 from 18.
2.35 - Slumber E/W = 7 from 10.
3.10 - Strong Suit WON
3.45 - Requinto WON
4.20 - Sequoia
5.25 - Rocket Rob.

Good start from my man.

2 Winners from the first 4 races.. 5/2 and 6/1 shots.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:30 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:A non posting friend of mine sent me these earlier.

3.10 - Strong Suit WON
3.45 - Requinto WON
4.20 - Sequoia
5.25 - Rocket Rob.

Good start from my man.

I had a single on Strong Suit, only bet I've done, been rushing about today, I'll have a look for tomorrow later, hopefully we can pick a few out...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Bet Strong Suit and the forecast, only winner on the day tho, still up about £30 on day :ayatollah:

Not a betting race but looking forward to Frankel beating Cliffs tomoz

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:

3.10 - Strong Suit WON
3.45 - Requinto WON
4.20 - Sequoia
5.25 - Rocket Rob.

Good start from my man.

I had a single on Strong Suit, only bet I've done, been rushing about today, I'll have a look for tomorrow later, hopefully we can pick a few out...

Same here Tommy, I had £20 single on Strong Suit but I took odds of 9/4 this morning.

Im not going to start betting properly till Thursday but will have a look at tomorow, see if we can pick some winners between us all. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Bet Strong Suit and the forecast, only winner on the day tho, still up about £30 on day :ayatollah:

Not a betting race but looking forward to Frankel beating Cliffs tomoz

Should be a cracking race that mate. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm a big Canford Cliffs fan, but I think Goodwood will suit Frankel well tomorrow....he handled the dip at Newmarket with ease, so Goodwood won't be a problem. Read an interesting stat yesterday, that no horse in the 130 year history of the race, has won the Sussex Stakes twice, so Canford has it all to do on that.

Not sure if I'm going to have a bet on the race yet tho, but it will be one of the races of the season.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:I'm a big Canford Cliffs fan, but I think Goodwood will suit Frankel well tomorrow....he handled the dip at Newmarket with ease, so Goodwood won't be a problem. Read an interesting stat yesterday, that no horse in the 130 year history of the race, has won the Sussex Stakes twice, so Canford has it all to do on that.

Not sure if I'm going to have a bet on the race yet tho, but it will be one of the races of the season.

Interesting stat that, not a betting race for me tho, if ridden tidy I cant see past Frankel. Doubled Strong Suit with Modem in the first tut tut

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:I'm a big Canford Cliffs fan, but I think Goodwood will suit Frankel well tomorrow....he handled the dip at Newmarket with ease, so Goodwood won't be a problem. Read an interesting stat yesterday, that no horse in the 130 year history of the race, has won the Sussex Stakes twice, so Canford has it all to do on that.

Interesting stat that, not a betting race for me tho, if ridden tidy I cant see past Frankel. Doubled Strong Suit with Modem in the first tut tut

Reading that stat makes the race all the more interesting, will Canford Cliffs break that mould? Don't be surprised, he beat Goldikova with a bit in hand last time,and we all know how exceptional she is. Facinating.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Gone for Boogie Walltzer e/w in the last....10/1..

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:24 pm

yep hope it good race, no prices tho unless I put Frankel in a double with Yeovil :oops:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:08 am

14.00 the one of interest is Spirit of Adjisa, this horse won a Grade 1 over hurdles in May, Ryan Moore booked, obvious stayer, looks a tip in itself......Liberate for the Hobbs yard looks well in too, but is drifting on the exchanges, one to keep an eye on.

14.35 Chandlery....I like this a lot, 3lb better off to Red Duke, course form, and the chosen mount of Richard Hughes.

15.10 'No bet' just going to watch.

15.45 Tanfeeth....game win last time, staying on strong, worth a go again.

16.20 'No bet' although anyone of Hannon's will prob win :)

16.55 Lutine Bell

17.30 Blessed Biata (nap) Ryan Moore booked again for a horse and trainer in good form.

Good luck...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:31 am

Tommy Gun wrote:14.00 the one of interest is Spirit of Adjisa, this horse won a Grade 1 over hurdles in May, Ryan Moore booked, obvious stayer, looks a tip in itself......Liberate for the Hobbs yard looks well in too, but is drifting on the exchanges, one to keep an eye on.

14.35 Chandlery....I like this a lot, 3lb better off to Red Duke, course form, and the chosen mount of Richard Hughes.

15.10 'No bet' just going to watch.

15.45 Tanfeeth....game win last time, staying on strong, worth a go again.

16.20 'No bet' although anyone of Hannon's will prob win :)

16.55 Lutine Bell

17.30 Blessed Biata (nap) Ryan Moore booked again for a horse and trainer in good form.

Good luck...

Nice summary Tommy, Im with you on most of them, except I fancy Halifax in the 3.45 with an E/W on Watercourse

Good Luck.. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Well done on Chandelry.

Frankel was fkg awesome fair play, Cecil said 'best he has seen' and this guy had Shergar and the likes

I need Halifax for a £3 double with Chandelry

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Well done on Chandelry.

Frankel was fkg awesome fair play, Cecil said 'best he has seen' and this guy had Shergar and the likes

Brilliant wasn't he, Canford couldn't live with him.....away from Goodwood, just been given Spirit of Cuba 6.35 Galway, horse had bad luck in running last time and should have won easily. Told to get on tonight...its around 3/1.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Shergar was trained by Michael Stoute but I know what your saying Cecil has had so many superstars under his control including triple crown winner Oh So Sharp who was a machine. For him to say Frankel is the best he has ever trained then I would encourage everybody to seek the earliest possible price for frankel in the Breeders Cup. It will be interesting to see if he gets the 1 1/4 miles as I would love to see him stuff the best the yanks could put in front of him without having to use Lasix or Bute

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Shergar was trained by Michael Stoute but I know what your saying Cecil has had so many superstars under his control including triple crown winner Oh So Sharp who was a machine. For him to say Frankel is the best he has ever trained then I would encourage everybody to seek the earliest possible price for frankel in the Breeders Cup. It will be interesting to see if he gets the 1 1/4 miles as I would love to see him stuff the best the yanks could put in front of him without having to use Lasix or Bute

Yeah soz mate course it was Stoute, I was thinking Slip Anchor and Reference thingymejig lol.

Horse is a freak but mile and half maybe too far

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Im undecided on everything today.

Only ones I realy fancy are Santerini in the 4.20

and Settomusic in the 4.05 at Nottingham.

Quite fancy Bridgefield e/w in the 4.55 (Goodwood) and I think you got to have a bet on Captain Cee Bee in the 4.50 at Galway even though TRA looks the horse to beat.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Im undecided on everything today.

Quite fancy Bridgefield e/w in the 4.55 (Goodwood) and I think you got to have a bet on Captain Cee Bee in the 4.50 at Galway even though TRA looks the horse to beat.

Captain Cee Bee's trainer said after last win, that the race would did him helluva favour and he be spot on for Galway. I am having one tidy bet on Masamah 2.45 and thats it for today :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

Captain Cee Bee's trainer said after last win, that the race would did him helluva favour and he be spot on for Galway. I am having one tidy bet on Masamah 2.45 and thats it for today :ayatollah:

Good luck mate, I had Captain Cee Bee at 10/1 this morning with a savour on TRA.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm on Masamah too, only bet for now...

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Good shout lads, lovely ride :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Top ride that. Happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Set To Music Wins, £20 @ 5/2 this morning :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm

I some how managed to net the placepot at Goodwood yesterday £504.10p of a £1 bet.

2:00 Seaside Sizzler (Jim Crowley, 14-1)
2:35 :Chandlery (R Hughes, 5-2 fav)
3:10 Frankel (T P Queally, 8-13 fav)
3:45 Arch Fire (R L Moore, 9-2 joint-fav)
4:20 My Queenie (R Hughes, 8-1)
4:55 Common Touch (P Hanagan, 10-3 fav)

RESULT!!

The 2:00 & 4:20 races bumped the price fund up nicely with no favourites or 2nd favourites making the frame.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 pm

CF3 1927 wrote:I some how managed to net the placepot at Goodwood yesterday £504.10p of a £1 bet.

RESULT!!

The 2:00 & 4:20 races bumped the price fund up nicely with no favourites or 2nd favourites making the frame.

Well done fella, I used to love my place pots, can win big for small outlay, they can be cruel too tho

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Set To Music Wins, £20 @ 5/2 this morning :ayatollah:

Good shout mate, keep em coming :ayatollah: What did Captain Cee Bee run like? Aint seen race

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 pm

CF3 1927 wrote:I some how managed to net the placepot at Goodwood yesterday £504.10p of a £1 bet.

RESULT!!

Well done fella. :ayatollah: