Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MONDAY JULY 25th MINI-UPDATE "

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:18 pm

As everyone is aware David Goodwillie's rape charge has been dropped but his assault charge is still ongoing and is scheduled to be heard in court next month.

When I put out my first post regarding Kenny Miller I added a comment at the bottom of the post that I wondered whether Miller was seen as a target instead of Goodwillie. From what I have been told this afternoon it seems my question was valid as I am told that our interest in Goodwillie has cooled and the acquisition of Miller has been the catalyst to that. The club moved on to other targets before they missed out on any decent signings because they were waiting for the Goodwillie situation to become clearer.

With regards to Craig Bellamy, Malky Mackay is aware of the scheduled meeting between Bellamy and Mancini this week but Malky very much still has high hopes of signing Bellamy but he believes he will have to wait until at least September to have a realistic chance of bringing him back to Cardiff, unless of course something gives in the said meeting. I am also told that for the first time City are going to increase their current offer of £30k per week and will be offering £35k per week for Bellamy to come on loan.

The club are still waiting for this one document for international clearance for Kenny Miller, it is simply the Turkish club being very slow in dealing with it. It could possibly lead to the club going to FIFA to hurry the paperwork along. Miller has this afternoon been looking for property to buy in and around Cardiff so he is keen to get settled and start his new life at the City.

Rudy finished the last bit of his medical this afternoon and the club hoped that they could have announced both signings this evening but expect to do so ahead of the Yeovil game, where Malky is hoping to give both a bit of game time.

Craig Fagan is very much a player in the Malky's sights and he is one of a number of players who the club are looking at. Birmingham's Jordan Mutch is a player that Malky Mackay is interested in also, he is a player he worked with whilst at Watford last season.

Merthyr Tydfil play in a friendly tonight against Swansea but one of the conditions imposed on Merthyr, by SWP, was that they were not allowed to advertise the game.

Another titbit on the Swans is that when they signed David Cotterill they paid him £9k pw but in his contract he had a clause that if Swansea got promoted last season his wage would double. That is a lot of money, £18k pw, for a player they loaned out last season as he was not deemed good enough for their team.

Re: MONDAY JULY 25th MINI-UPDATE

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Cotterill 18k a week and they call us careless with the cash :lol: ;)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:21 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Cotterill 18k a week and they call us careless with the cash :lol: ;)

i no fecking bonkers :shock:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:22 pm

So bacicly no goodwille

Cheers Mr Curtis ;)

Im not too sure about Fagan but Mutch is a player i would like to see at city :ayatollah:

goodwillie isnt coming

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:23 pm

me personally i would of prefered goodwillie over miller as miller will be 32 this december and goodwillie is a very good young striker

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Cheers Carl.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Thats a real shame if thats the case with Goodwillie. :cry:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Cheers for the update Carl :ayatollah:

Fingers crossed on the Bellamy situation. C'mon Mancini, don't be a tw@t all your life, do the bloke a favour

Cotterill on £18k pw :lol:

Chris1988 wrote:me personally i would of prefered goodwillie over miller as miller will be 32 this december and goodwillie is a very good young striker

But still with an assault charge hanging over him. We cannot put everything on hold until he sorts his life out. A good decision by the club. Goodwillie maybe the better player but we have had enough of attitude and cannot make exceptions.

This is terrible news. Miller def coming and Goodwillie almost def not coming, talk about shitty day eh

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:27 pm

quadsas wrote:This is terrible news. Miller def coming and Goodwillie almost def not coming, talk about shitty day eh

happy soul fair play

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks for the update. Its well and truly Golden. Hopefully Goodwillie becomes our own little Scottish Personal Soldier.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Goodwillie still may be coming! Carl said 'our interest has cooled', still means we're interested, read carefully people :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Chris1988 wrote:me personally i would of prefered goodwillie over miller as miller will be 32 this december and goodwillie is a very good young striker

But still with an assault charge hanging over him. We cannot put everything on hold until he sorts his life out. A good decision by the club. Goodwillie maybe the better player but we have had enough of attitude and cannot make exceptions.

maybe so but if that gets throw out to i feel we have missed out on a quality player who could have a long career with us, instead we got miller who realisticy may only have 2-3 years of good football, im happy with miller dont get me wrong just would prefer goodwillie

Bluebird1993 wrote:Goodwillie still may be coming! Carl said 'our interest has cooled', still means we're interested, read carefully people :ayatollah:

indeed

thanks carl nice one about the jacks :D :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Craig Fagan would be a very good signing. He plays with alot of heart and is very good technically!!!

Malky making good moves again!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 pm

We cannot put everything on hold until he sorts his life out. A good decision by the club. Goodwillie maybe the better player but we have had enough of attitude and cannot make exceptions.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

I dont think this is such bad news.

I think we can expect 25 goals from Kenny Miller this year and we could have an additional 15-20 goals from whoever plays alongside him - such is the quality that we already have.

It could be that the money we would have spent, on Goodwillie, will now be spent on Bellamy and, to me, that will be a wise move.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Any advances on chambers

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 pm

FORGET GOODWILLIE

Bellers is the signing to take us up

;)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Slightly underwhelmed by the news, not that its Carl's fault. Mutch and Fagan.... :?

I still think we're missing the "x-factor" and eggs in the Bellamy basket has two drawbacks, one is the saga could roll on and on, secondly he's susceptible to injury...

I think we need a strong central midfielder to bolster Gunny and Whitts. We also need pace out wide, I see Cowie more of a central figure, that leaves us with Conway and ....

Personally, I'd like somone like Alan Smith in the middle and lets ask for burkey back ;)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Any advances on chambers

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 pm

thanks carl,im happy with miller and gestede,but gutted on goodwillie,i hope we get fagan and mutch,fagan would be good as back up to conway and whittingham,mutch would be a good signing,maybe malky will get a young striker on loan from prem :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Where in midfield does Mutch play then, I think we are light on right and left midfielders, dont think cowie is a right midfielder & taylor will be left back i think, so that doesnt give us much options

Conway
Whitts, i would rather him in the middle though

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Einstein wrote:Slightly underwhelmed by the news, not that its Carl's fault. Mutch and Fagan.... :?

I still think we're missing the "x-factor" and eggs in the Bellamy basket has two drawbacks, one is the saga could roll on and on, secondly he's susceptible to injury...

I think we need a strong central midfielder to bolster Gunny and Whitts. We also need pace out wide, I see Cowie more of a central figure, that leaves us with Conway and ....

Personally, I'd like somone like Alan Smith in the middle and lets ask for burkey back ;)

i agree with fagan and mutch, fagan aint done anything worth noting has he ? To be honest i dont know to much about mutch so out of those to id take mutch

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

We cannot put everything on hold until he sorts his life out. A good decision by the club. Goodwillie maybe the better player but we have had enough of attitude and cannot make exceptions.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for the update Carl.

Gutted about badcock to be honest.

Fagan and Mutch sounds OK.

Feck the Jacks news though

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: