Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MONDAY JULY 25th MINI-UPDATE

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

if we get mutch thats our cm sorted,and fagan would be good beacuse he can play wing and striker so i would get him,miller and gestede and one more striker id say and maybe a cb :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:As everyone is aware David Goodwillie's rape charge has been dropped but his assault charge is still ongoing and is scheduled to be heard in court next month.

When I put out my first post regarding Kenny Miller I added a comment at the bottom of the post that I wondered whether Miller was seen as a target instead of Goodwillie. From what I have been told this afternoon it seems my question was valid as I am told that our interest in Goodwillie has cooled and the acquisition of Miller has been the catalyst to that. The club moved on to other targets before they missed out on any decent signings because they were waiting for the Goodwillie situation to become clearer.

With regards to Craig Bellamy, Malky Mackay is aware of the scheduled meeting between Bellamy and Mancini this week but Malky very much still has high hopes of signing Bellamy but he believes he will have to wait until at least September to have a realistic chance of bringing him back to Cardiff, unless of course something gives in the said meeting. I am also told that for the first time City are going to increase their current offer of £30k per week and will be offering £35k per week for Bellamy to come on loan.

The club are still waiting for this one document for international clearance for Kenny Miller, it is simply the Turkish club being very slow in dealing with it. It could possibly lead to the club going to FIFA to hurry the paperwork along. Miller has this afternoon been looking for property to buy in and around Cardiff so he is keen to get settled and start his new life at the City.

Rudy finished the last bit of his medical this afternoon and the club hoped that they could have announced both signings this evening but expect to do so ahead of the Yeovil game, where Malky is hoping to give both a bit of game time.

Craig Fagan is very much a player in the Malky's sights and he is one of a number of players who the club are looking at. Birmingham's Jordan Mutch is a player that Malky Mackay is interested in also, he is a player he worked with whilst at Watford last season.

Merthyr Tydfil play in a friendly tonight against Swansea but one of the conditions imposed on Merthyr, by SWP, was that they were not allowed to advertise the game.

Another titbit on the Swans is that when they signed David Cotterill they paid him £9k pw but in his contract he had a clause that if Swansea got promoted last season his wage would double. That is a lot of money, £18k pw, for a player they loaned out last season as he was not deemed good enough for their team.

Interest in Goodwillie cooled? Does that mean it's over completely or could we be back in for him if the other court case is dropped? Must admit I'm gutted if we've lost intererst in him.....he's a class act...would have banged in 20 goals and would have been worth £5m in 12 months time.......BIG MISTAKE !!!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 pm

I dont understand why people think goodwillie is the best thing since sliced bread dont get me wrong id love him to sign but the way people are reacting youd think we missed out on messi and at the end of the day goodwillie seems a bit of a dick all these assault charge against him accused of rape and what not.... And the "he needs to get away from scotland and hell be fine" bollox i bet he wasnt force to attack the bouncer though. How many people knew who je was before we were linked with him? Hes a gpod player but not as good as people make out in my opinion.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Mutch:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2121801749

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2122188353

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm

cheers carl

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:49 pm

think Malky is doing a fantastic job, but i honestly think this is his first mistake if he has picked Miller Ahead of Goodwillie just my opinion / :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Einstein wrote:Slightly underwhelmed by the news, not that its Carl's fault. Mutch and Fagan.... :?

I still think we're missing the "x-factor" and eggs in the Bellamy basket has two drawbacks, one is the saga could roll on and on, secondly he's susceptible to injury...

I think we need a strong central midfielder to bolster Gunny and Whitts. We also need pace out wide, I see Cowie more of a central figure, that leaves us with Conway and ....

Personally, I'd like somone like Alan Smith in the middle and lets ask for burkey back ;)

Heard Alan Smith is going to America for a year possibly to new York on loan for a season?

Btw - we can't slag off miller who is 31 and fit when were all begging for the one legged Bellamy who is 32 - let's have SOME consistency? Hey! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Chris1988 wrote:me personally i would of prefered goodwillie over miller as miller will be 32 this december and goodwillie is a very good young striker

But still with an assault charge hanging over him. We cannot put everything on hold until he sorts his life out. A good decision by the club. Goodwillie maybe the better player but we have had enough of attitude and cannot make exceptions.

Totally agree with that.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Bluebird1993 wrote:Goodwillie still may be coming! Carl said 'our interest has cooled', still means we're interested, read carefully people :ayatollah:

indeed

I Personally believe he wont start the league season with us and Malky has moved on from him.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Merlin wrote:
Einstein wrote:Slightly underwhelmed by the news, not that its Carl's fault. Mutch and Fagan.... :?

I still think we're missing the "x-factor" and eggs in the Bellamy basket has two drawbacks, one is the saga could roll on and on, secondly he's susceptible to injury...

I think we need a strong central midfielder to bolster Gunny and Whitts. We also need pace out wide, I see Cowie more of a central figure, that leaves us with Conway and ....

Personally, I'd like somone like Alan Smith in the middle and lets ask for burkey back ;)

Heard Alan Smith is going to America for a year possibly to new York on loan for a season?

Btw - we can't slag off miller who is 31 and fit when were all begging for the one legged Bellamy who is 32 - let's have SOME consistency? Hey! :ayatollah:

Where did I slag off Miller, I think he's a good signing,

Re: " MONDAY JULY 25th MINI-UPDATE "

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm

what worries me about fagan is that he spent the whole of the 2010/2011 season out with injury and so was released by hull..

:shock:

also would like to see us make a bold move and make bid for lewis mcgugan.. test the water with a 2-3 mil offer..

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm praying that the Kenny Miller deal doesn't hit a snag and can be completed asap cos I'm looking forward to seeing both him and Earnie up front together next season. As for Craig Fagan, if my memory serves me right he was linked to us a few seasons back under Dave Jones but nothing much came of it. Not sure I'd want to see him come in now cos I think with Miller & Gestade deals and both coming in soon we have enough strikers at the club and should be looking to strengthen in other areas. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 pm

moonboots wrote: gutted if we've lost intererst in him.....he's a class act...would have banged in 20 goals and would have been worth £5m in 12 months time.......BIG MISTAKE !!!

It can't be a mistake if he still has a case over him. No one will touch him until mid August when his case MAY be dropped. We have a season to prepare for.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Gutted about the Goodwillie news, but I trust this Manager and think he has put a good squad together in a very short space of time. I trust him totally to put the finishing touches together to the squad to ensure that we are challenging at the right end of the table. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Miller is an excellent signing, just hope that these Turks get their act together soon. As for Goodwillie, doubt if anybody will take a chance on him until his court case is settled. Sounds like he needs to sort himself out. Mancini and Man City seem to have Bellamy trapped. Hope that this meeting can free things up.

As for Cotterill on 18k a week :shock: If he's on that, then what are any decent players that Swansea want to sign going to ask for? Premier League teams need to pay Premier League wages. That's how they lost De Vries, without whom they probably would not have been promoted.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Not great news about Goodwillie because that boy is a very good player and has a lot of potential. But he would of cost us at least £2million. Apparently Rangers and Blackpool have now bid for Goodwillie and 10 clubs are interested in him according to Jim Spence, a bbc sport scotland reporter.

I think we have got the better deal in signing Miller for around £900,000 as in the short-term he will provide a far better goal return than Goodwillie would do as Goodwillie has never played in the English leagues and is still a young and devoloping player.

I really hope we can sign Bellers! It would be a massive boost for everyone connected with the club. I think we need another defender, a right-midfielder, central-midfiedler and another striker even with Gestade and Miller signing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 am

Carl
Can you shed some light on the rumours I'm hearing that we are doing a deal with sheffield united that involves ched Evans coming here for a sum of money and john parkin? Would be great to see ched in cardiff next season and parkin gone!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:56 am

El Tel wrote:Gutted about the Goodwillie news, but I trust this Manager and think he has put a good squad together in a very short space of time. I trust him totally to put the finishing touches together to the squad to ensure that we are challenging at the right end of the table. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The feeling in Scotland is that the assault case will be dropped too. Goodwillie is a fantastic proposition.....young, talented and a natural goal scorer. Where else will we find someone like that for £2m?? Him and Miller together would have ripped teams apart in this league. I can't believe that Malky has lost interest. He would have had one of (and possibly) the best strike forces in the league at his disposal if we could have signed them both. It doesn't make sense!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:10 am

moonboots wrote:
El Tel wrote:Gutted about the Goodwillie news, but I trust this Manager and think he has put a good squad together in a very short space of time. I trust him totally to put the finishing touches together to the squad to ensure that we are challenging at the right end of the table. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The feeling in Scotland is that the assault case will be dropped too. Goodwillie is a fantastic proposition.....young, talented and a natural goal scorer. Where else will we find someone like that for £2m?? Him and Miller together would have ripped teams apart in this league. I can't believe that Malky has lost interest. He would have had one of (and possibly) the best strike forces in the league at his disposal if we could have signed them both. It doesn't make sense!

You can't read can you? COOLED INTEREST not LOST. The delaying from the Malaysians and the court-case forced Malky to get Miller in as a Plan B incase Goodwillie did not pan out. Goodwillie may still well be on his way yet, we don't know and won't know until it happens. Calm the f**k down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:16 am

people need to calm down and wake up, no goodwille its not the end of the world. interest has cooled really means theres not much chance guys. yes it means its not a no and we could still look to bring him in. but we do have alot of strikers here now and were more desperate in other areas.

lets just drop goodwillie just like malkay has and look elsewhere.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:14 am

dorsetblue wrote:Cotterill 18k a week and they call us careless with the cash :lol: ;)

I'm sure they can cover it out of their 45 million quid TV money.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks Carl

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:29 am

jezzy666 wrote:people need to calm down and wake up, no goodwille its not the end of the world. interest has cooled really means theres not much chance guys. yes it means its not a no and we could still look to bring him in. but we do have alot of strikers here now and were more desperate in other areas.

lets just drop goodwillie just like malkay has and look elsewhere.

Carl and I were talking last night, We had never heard of Goodwillie before he was linked with Cardiff, Personally I believe he is to much of a problem player from what I have heard in the last 6 weeks,so yes def move on from him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 am

I have and thanks to my mrs I get forced to watch some SPL games on Sky etc involving those green n white feinions ...... Goodwillie from what Ive seen blows hot and cold and yes he scores the odd goal or DUFC and 1 or 2 against the Old Firm but no way is he a £2mil player by any stretch when you consider how much Chopra went for . His off field anitics are totally un-acceptable to the Malaysian so yes its 100% defo time to move on and forget him !

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: