Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GUTTED GOODWILLIE AINT COMING

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I really think this court case was an excuse not to spend the money on him. Why are we so against spending money.

Re: GUTTED GOODWILLIE AINT COMING

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Who's said he's not coming ? :?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm

if we use the 2-3 mil quoted on goodwillie to spend elsewhere and it gets us another decent signing i will be happy..

but if we dont , i will be disappointed !

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Just the way I read carls update. Doesn't seem promising.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Would be surprised if goodwillie comes here now

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 pm

i can see us struggling this season tbh :roll:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 pm

2mil is not really a lot of money for a team who wants to get into the prem. We just trying to do things on the cheap. Mid table team in the making.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Personally I believe Malky has moved on from Goodwillie.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I believe Malky has moved on from Goodwillie.

i agree mate...

we shouldnt be too disappointed with this.. miller will easily be a decent goal scorer at this level...

id rather the cash be spent on the midfield...

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:28 pm

dont make sense he rather sign a 31 year old striker who struggles in this league and gestede who has never played in this league and tbh doesnt have a good record when you could sign one of the hottiest propescts around at the moment :roll: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm

But I dnt think money will be spent elsewhere. We are not going to spend the money. We haven't got any to spend. I we do give up on goodwillie it shows a real lack of ambition.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

i agree mate...

we shouldnt be too disappointed with this.. miller will easily be a decent goal scorer at this level...

We have no cash this is just it most of the fans are living with there head in the clouds we dont have f**k all even the blind can see it what have we spent after letting 13 players go back to other clubs out of contract or sold,we aint spent anything really and have half the players we lost and got 6-7 in which aint as good as what we lost not one of them really are squad is smaller than its ever been when we was under dj,So if people stop dreaming of a top 2 finish/playoffs and get realistic WE HAVE f**k ALL AND WE ARE SKINT we will be a mid-table side for the next few years at best untill MM can build a squad which will involve getting rid of the shit that dj left behind under contract im sure things will move forward in the next few years but i really can not see what planet some fans are on,I will be happy to stay in the championship nxt year at best that will do me because you can not lose 13+ players and expect 6-7 players to come in and pick up where they all left off it just will not work,I shall be there eitherway but will not be foolish enough to believe half of the bullshit wrote on the internet or even pay any intrest in the MM OUT THREADS that will be going up after half a dozen games coz we all know it will happen,Only time will tell where we go from here :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:44 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

i agree mate...

We have no cash this is just it most of the fans are living with there head in the clouds we dont have f**k all even the blind can see it what have we spent after letting 13 players go back to other clubs out of contract or sold,we aint spent anything really and have half the players we lost and got 6-7 in which aint as good as what we lost not one of them really are squad is smaller than its ever been when we was under dj,So if people stop dreaming of a top 2 finish/playoffs and get realistic WE HAVE f**k ALL AND WE ARE SKINT we will be a mid-table side for the next few years at best untill MM can build a squad which will involve getting rid of the shit that dj left behind under contract im sure things will move forward in the next few years but i really can not see what planet some fans are on,I will be happy to stay in the championship nxt year at best that will do me because you can not lose 13+ players and expect 6-7 players to come in and pick up where they all left off it just will not work,I shall be there eitherway but will not be foolish enough to believe half of the bullshit wrote on the internet or even pay any intrest in the MM OUT THREADS that will be going up after half a dozen games coz we all know it will happen,Only time will tell where we go from here :ayatollah:

if we have no cash how did we submit a bid of between 2-3 mil for goodwillie in the first place??? why did mm publicly say that there is some money avail for transfers...

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Because we have a wage budget and what we have now at are club is probly half of what we was paying this time last year so it frees up £££ as most are aware theres not money hanging around in shoe boxes at are club ,bottom line is people need to get real and see how it is 600k last year we spent on transfers and what 700k this year not really a push for the prem is it :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 pm

No-one knows what we bid. If we are happy to pay the 2 mil people are saying. Then why the hell are we now cooling our interest in him. Doesn't make sense.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:00 pm

10 Clubs interested and 2 bids made tonight. 1 from Blackpool, the other from Rangers. None from us :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Because we have a wage budget and what we have now at are club is probly half of what we was paying this time last year so it frees up £££ as most are aware theres not money hanging around in shoe boxes at are club ,bottom line is people need to get real and see how it is 600k last year we spent on transfers and what 700k this year not really a push for the prem is it :ayatollah:

our total transfer budget this yr is around 20mil which includes wages, last yr total we came in around the 16 mil mark, with some high earners like chopra etc... with the high earners gone and with what we have brought in so far we are def still under budget with the remaining monies avail...

what mm has done is bring in free signings that were needed to be signed and will now start looking at players from other clubs..

he has already shown this with a knock back for the services of chambers... also we made enq about routledge around the 1.5mil region.

yes we havnt spent as much as say leicester but im sure we will be signing some more players..but at the moment why spend the cash when you can bring in players for free...

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Goodwillie, im glad you came, im glad you came.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 pm

How much we pay for miller? 800grand? if we spent that amount on a 31yer old then we must have some money to burn lol as for goodwillie.. Wer we ever realy that intrested in him in the first place i wonder...