Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Under 13s

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 pm

My under 13s beat Inverness academy 7-0 today in the welsh cup nrxt up cardiff academy tomorrow not bad for a cardiff park team. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: My Under 13s

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:28 pm

what time and where tomorrow ?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:what time and where tomorrow ?

Llanrumney uni pitches 4pm ko think we are on pitch 4 should be a cracking game we play a malta academy first at 12.45 on pitch 4.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Its £4 to get in.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:39 pm

thought it would be a later kick off time oh well

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I'll be there o was planning to play on the uni tomorrow aswell :(

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:I'll be there o was planning to play on the uni tomorrow aswell :(

See you there will be a great game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Great result against cardiff academy 3-3 end to end stuff great advert for kids football and fair due to cardiff they took it really well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

sounds like the boys played well and had a good time :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:41 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:sounds like the boys played well and had a good time :ayatollah:

Yes great day were on top most of the match Swansea scout picking a few of mine :twisted:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm

that's not a problem scouts from all over the UK are active in south wales

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:that's not a problem scouts from all over the UK are active in south wales

Tell me about it never seen so many scouts.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 pm

i wouldn't deprive a kid of going on trial with any league club wether it be a neighbour like brizzle city or swansea . don't forget it's a 40 mile radius they could sign for anyway if they signed on the dotted line

brizzle have a few of our lot right now on there academy books for instance .just inside the 40 mile radius see

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:i wouldn't deprive a kid of going on trial with any league club wether it be a neighbour like brizzle city or swansea . don't forget it's a 40 mile radius they could sign for anyway if they signed on the dotted line

brizzle have a few of our lot right now on there academy books for instance .just inside the 40 mile radius see

Yes no problem with that have 3 of my boys who have signed for Beistol city and 1 at rovers thats what i do it for but Swansea :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Gutted lost in the semis 1-0 against Cardiff academy after beating jamie shaw academy 2=0 in the quarters worse thing about it we were the better side. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:13 pm

birchblue wrote:Gutted lost in the semis 1-0 against Cardiff academy after beating jamie shaw academy 2=0 in the quarters worse thing about it we were the better side. :ayatollah:

well done jason,to you and your boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 pm

unlucky birchblue sounded like a great tournament tho :ayatollah:

i see st albans are running a side in the youth league this season .

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Yes great time playing malta for 3rd spot def made a name for ourselves you would not know who were the academy side futsal has improved the team without doubt. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm

futsal is the way forward that's for sure . i would advise any parent who has talented football kids to take futsal up . it really does make a difference

i have seen with my very own eyes the skill levels go up by 100 per cent with youngsters on the cardiff city scholarship who have recently won the british college futsal championships in birmingham

most professional clubs have now bought into it and will be running futsal clubs as from next season . cardiff city are really behind it

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Very true setting up an under 14 league next year if you know of any teams got 8 so far futsal is the way forward has made my players compete with top teams. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:i wouldn't deprive a kid of going on trial with any league club wether it be a neighbour like brizzle city or swansea . don't forget it's a 40 mile radius they could sign for anyway if they signed on the dotted line

Law changing shortly too - no radius.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 pm

most of my contacts are from the slightly older age groups but i will keep my eyes and ears open in the under 14 age group :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Daya wrote:

How will that work bad enough going over the bridge.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:03 pm

birchblue wrote:
Daya wrote:

How will that work bad enough going over the bridge.

The same factor that rules football Jas - money! boarding Schools - re location etc etc .

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:06 pm

We currently have 13 under 13's on Cardiff's Books and 8 on Swansea's. Our then under 12's beat the Academy last season 3-1 and Swansea's 4-2. A bright future for all of them, they just won the Under 14's Open Cup in Port Talbot.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 pm

When do you think this will change.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 pm

birchblue wrote:When do you think this will change.

Theres quite a few changes going on Jase , with different grades of set ups too to different levels etc - im running on memory now but have it all in the office but basically it makes it worse for lower clubs as the big boys will be able to pick off the players early and there is nothing that can be done about it - so for instance Arsenal fancy Billy Blogs who's playing for Cardiff /Bristol they get him basically for nowt at any age . Its all really down to England winning cock all for years and trying to improve and they think if the big guns have the players earlier then they will be better players etc etc.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Daya wrote:

Theres quite a few changes going on Jase , with different grades of set ups too to different levels etc - im running on memory now but have it all in the office but basically it makes it worse for lower clubs as the big boys will be able to pick off the players early and there is nothing that can be done about it - so for instance Arsenal fancy Billy Blogs who's playing for Cardiff /Bristol they get him basically for nowt at any age . Its all really down to England winning cock all for years and trying to improve and they think if the big guns have the players earlier then they will be better players etc etc.

That may answer a question on why a top four prem club is showing an intrest in one of my players.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 pm

birchblue wrote:
Daya wrote:

That may answer a question on why a top four prem club is showing an intrest in one of my players.

I think its not far away at all mate in time , next year was the talk if i remember . top 4 mate will just be raping smaller clubs Academies etc

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 pm

birchblue wrote:
Daya wrote:

could well be - u13 / u14 next year etc - will be able to go anywhere ! tell his Dad he wants a house and job!!! :lol: :lol:

thats how some of it happens these days!