Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHO WAS THE KING ? "

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I'd say Elvis over Jacko but the real king is Bob Dylan, no-one comes close to him!!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 pm

The clash >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elvis MJ. :old:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Just got back from Yeovil and am glad to see MJ is STILL THE KING :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:15 pm

LONG LIVE THE KING ELVIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SovkqRVs ... re=related

elvis the king the rest wannabees :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Elvis.Tracks like Are you lonesome tonight? In the Ghetto & Suspiscous minds are timeless.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:28 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Elvis.Tracks like Are you lonesome tonight? In the Ghetto & Suspiscous minds are timeless.

SPOT ON, Jacksons Songs Do not even come a close second :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 am

ELVIS , The real legend.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:32 am

tommo blue wrote:ELVIS , The real legend.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds over.... wrote:Elvis.Tracks like Are you lonesome tonight? In the Ghetto & Suspiscous minds are timeless.

:lol: :lol:

billie jean!!! . Thriller !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:40 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

billie jean!!! . Thriller !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great Songs, But Elvis has been Dead since 1977 and is Still the NO 1, Jackson its been 2 years since his death, lets see his popularity in 35 years time. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:42 am

SPOT ON, Jacksons Songs Do not even come a close second :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote] :lol: :lol:

billie jean!!! . Thriller !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Great Songs, But Elvis has been Dead since 1977 and is Still the NO 1, Jackson its been 2 years since his death, lets see his popularity in 35 years time. :ayatollah:[/quote]

fair comment... time will tell..............

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 am

SPOT ON, Jacksons Songs Do not even come a close second :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote] :lol: :lol:

billie jean!!! . Thriller !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Great Songs, But Elvis has been Dead since 1977 and is Still the NO 1, Jackson its been 2 years since his death, lets see his popularity in 35 years time. :ayatollah:[/quote]
Carl will stop proof reading for you if you slate his beloved michael jackson :D
Did you enjoy yourself annis? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 am

Carl will stop proof reading for you if you slate his beloved michael jackson
Did you enjoy yourself annis?
:lol:

Yes he is just about :lol:

Yes Thanks, Going back to Majorca tonight for 19 Nights :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 am

Yes Thanks, Going back to Majorca tonight for 19 Nights :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

forgive me !!! b*stard!!! :D

last day off work today until 07 aug.. tamping.. :evil:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carl will stop proof reading for you if you slate his beloved michael jackson

Your an advert for majorca ,amount of time time you spend over there.Alcudia and palma nova are my hotspots :ayatollah:
You are gonna miss a few games i take it?Annis missing cardiff playing,who would of thought that :D

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:OF POP/MUSIC

ELVIS PRESLEY or Michael Jackson ?

ELVIS WITHOUT A DOUBT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Elvis Presley the King of Rock, Michael Jackson the King of Pop and Tina Turner the Queen of Pop :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 am

Have a great holiday Annis, the King of The Forums :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:20 am

Hey, wasn't Elvis the King of Rock'n'Roll, not Pop? They are not interchangeable terms :oops: Anyway, I've never been a big fan of each, but I'm inclined to say Elvis, agreeing on the 35 years of fame point Forever Blue made. I, myself, am a Cobain fan. :)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:59 am

AHERNE wrote: JOHN LENNON IS THE TRUE KING OF POPULAR MUSIC .... HANDS DOWN!

:ayatollah:

Listen regarding Elvis being the king.... nonsense if Chuck Berry had been WHITE he would have pissed it! he was the true meaning behind ROCK N ROLL and wrote the first REAL lyrics about life and times (Not I love you/you love me), Carl Perkins was more king than Elvis was of the Rock N Roll music itself. Same applies with Little Richard, Buddy Holly... all had much more talent that Elvis... Now I do like Elvis and I'm not doubting his influence BUT it was 99 percent due to him being WHITE, and therefore more acceptable to WHITE AMERICA and WHITE BRITAIN.

There is no one person responsible all musicians are influenced by people they've heard..... many influences come into it from old gospel music, country music...old blues players etc etc

Personally for me I'm a Beatles fanatic and will obviously be biased towards them... and John Lennon FOR ME is the greatest of them all. IMO.

It's more a group of people that has left music the better, FOR ME IMO:

Chuck Berry
Carl Perkins
Little Richard
Elvis
Sam Cooke
Buddy Holly
John Lennon
Paul McCartney
George Harrison
Bob Dylan
Marc Bolan

Many more!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Paul Weller - The Modfather

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 pm

..Lets put this one to bed.....

Elvis may have been the King.

BUT SPRINGSTEEN IS "THE BOSS!!!"

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 pm

MJ died as a suspected Paedo, Elvis died on the shitter.

Elvis won that round. :lol:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:40 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:Have a great holiday Annis, the King of The Forums :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl will stop proof reading for you if you slate his beloved michael jackson

Your an advert for majorca ,amount of time time you spend over there.Alcudia and palma nova are my hotspots :ayatollah:
You are gonna miss a few games i take it?Annis missing cardiff playing,who would of thought that :D

Family First Nowadays.
Yes miss 3 games, Burnley away next for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Santa Ponsa and Palma Nova for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 pm

You need A Poll Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm

A bit biased here......

Have to cast a vote for my fellow Tennessean....BTW, I was in Memphis the night Elvis died. I still remember the news flash on the tele.

Elvis earned the name the king and has to be recognized over MJ becuase of one thing...influence. Who had a larger cultural impact?

Honestly I never cared for either but as far as influence, pop culture icon....how many movies did MJ make? Elvis made 33 including at least 10 box office power houses.

How many hit singles did MJ have in different styles of music? Elvis had number one hits in just about every form of music, country, gospel, rock, r & b, you name it.

Do thousands of people flock to Neverland every year just to take a picture of his grave? Graceland is still a multi-million dollar tourist attraction in freaking 2011.

Elvis refined rock n roll. he made it mainstream. He brought the music to the masses. With Jackson it was MTV (and music video) that pushed him to the top not the other way around. Jackson took advantage of the situation.....Elvis created the situation.
Anyways.....I'm sure the debate will go on, even after that deathblow to the MJ arguement. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:25 am

Each of these recordings featured a country and western song on one side and a rhythm and blues song on the other. One of the reasons Elvis was so popular was because of his ability to merge attributes of what was perceived to be “white” (C&W) and “black” (R&B) music. An example of this is evident in Elvis’ hit song “Heartbreak Hotel” which reached #1 not only in the pop charts, but the R&B and C&W charts as well. This was the first time that a single song held the #1 spot in all three charts.

http://www.last.fm/music/Elvis+Presley

Totally agree, greenlawler. Elvis was revolutionary, Michael was more of a newsworthy celebrity.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm

I always thought Henry VIII was THE king....

Mind you, King William I, Richard 'The Lionheart' and King Arthur did ok too!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Sorry, feeling mischievous!! :lol:

Not a big fan of either but BOTH are iconic. It would be Elvis out of choice though ;)

Saw Jackson in Cardiff Arms Park some years ago and he was a pretty good showman and I have to admit it was good

Genesis were THE band from my youth and I still listen to them now

Gotta go, supper's ready!! :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: