Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHO WAS THE KING ? "

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Jackson over Elvis

Prince over both

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Michael Jackson is the fockin man if you ask me but different generations so I don't think you can compare the two

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:53 pm

CDF-DNB wrote:Michael Jackson is the fockin man if you ask me but different generations so I don't think you can compare the two

You can compare and MJ is KING :ayatollah:

He even slipped one into Elvis' daughter :D

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CDF-DNB wrote:Michael Jackson is the fockin man if you ask me but different generations so I don't think you can compare the two

You can compare and MJ is KING :ayatollah:

He even slipped one into Elvis' daughter :D

Haha Yes now that is one-upmanship that I'm sure even Annis can't deny! Game over me thinks

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:23 pm

I stopped reading at the mention of "pop music".

Dull, vacant, tuneless mind-numbing bile to a song, pop music is utter shite which contains nothing but drivel.

Come back to me with some real music with some real lyrics with some real content which actually means something 8-)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:34 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:I stopped reading at the mention of "pop music".

Dull, vacant, tuneless mind-numbing bile to a song, pop music is utter shite which contains nothing but drivel.

Come back to me with some real music with some real lyrics with some real content which actually means something 8-)

Michael Jackson is not your standard pop-factory commercial music geared just to generate quick sales. Quincy Jones his producer is a musical genius and I appreciate you might not relate to the lyrics in songs like Man in the Mirror, or Human Nature, but they certainly carry a message and a meaning. This stuff is pop in the sense that it is popular, but not in the sense that it is specifically generated just for a target market or is in-line with the popular musical trends of the day. It's some of the biggest selling music ever, and it is timeless. It is just classed as pop because it has sold so many units!

Sorry not sniping I love this guy man I would have gone on his private fun-fair when I was little even if I might have regretted it after!!!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:43 pm

CDF-DNB wrote:I appreciate you might not relate to the lyrics in songs like Man in the Mirror, or Human Nature, but they certainly carry a message and a meaning.

Do they?

Can't see it myself but as with all music it's each to their own. Nuff respect for that :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
CDF-DNB wrote:I appreciate you might not relate to the lyrics in songs like Man in the Mirror, or Human Nature, but they certainly carry a message and a meaning.

Do they?

Can't see it myself but as with all music it's each to their own. Nuff respect for that :ayatollah:

Man in the Mirror,

The World is a troubled place so take a look at yourself and make the change.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Do they?

Man in the Mirror,

Yeh I bet you rock that shit before every update to get you psyched!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Johnny Cash over Elvis any day.

Michael Jackson was good, but look what his success led to - the drivel that passes for popular music today

The true king is David Bowie

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Do they?

Man in the Mirror,

I wouldn't say that the realisation the world's a troubled place is a revolutionary one tbf!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:40 pm

bob dylan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: