Re: O/T National Anthems

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

really??

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Yep

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 pm

South American ones are great. Most of them last longer that the first half of the match. Uruguay won the Coppa America :D Who said that small countries can not be successful. Wish that Diego Forlan was Welsh. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:18 pm

ITALY - And now Scotland ;)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Ours! (Wales)

& Scotland's, find that a brilliant anthem. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:50 am

Midfield general wrote:Italy, Welsh, British, German, Russian, Australian, I could go on and on because I love anthems and what they represent.

its all about the passion in the anthem....

italy, france, south africa, ireland, scotland , ours... all sung with passion. not fussed on some of the asian anthems though.. bit slow and boring and not sung with any enthusiasm..

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 am

Ours standard...

Although I do like the French and Italian anthem as well

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:56 am

Father Jack an Irish man seems to have a thing for the French anthem :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg9n3ypN9i8

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 am

God save the queen!

When England sing it sounds class, especially when they fill 75% of the ground in the Euro's or World Cup.

It hurts to say it but its true

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Italy, Welsh, British, German, Russian, Australian, I could go on and on because I love anthems and what they represent.

its all about the passion in the anthem....

italy, france, south africa, ireland, scotland , ours... all sung with passion. not fussed on some of the asian anthems though.. bit slow and boring and not sung with any enthusiasm..

Spending my time out in the Middle East I got to know their anthems. When ever I brought the subject up though the strong anti feeling to the song was an eye opening. It was telling me how much the populi hated their governments. With all the troubles going on out there now it does remind me of the reactions I got to the anthems.

Anyway back to the question. My favourite one is the Canadian. They have a French and English version which impresses me. Saying that I dont want us to have an English version.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 am

HEN WLAD FY NHADAU :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 am

the Welsh Nat Anthem is the bollox ,It spoils it when it is sung by a woman at the millenium over the Mic.. It just doesnt sound right to me.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Ours by far. Also like scottish and irish anthems :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Wales, Italy and Scotland.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:17 pm

The French one :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Stern wrote:God save the queen!

When England sing it sounds class, especially when they fill 75% of the ground in the Euro's or World Cup.

Agreed.

Our is good, but it's never sung in time and 9/10 get the pronunciation wrong!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:19 pm

GSTQ is the shittest most dire national anthem to ever exist. I'd hate to hear some of your music tastes if that's what you class as a good patriotic anthem! :lol: :lol: :lol: It only has like one line, and is about some old c**t who sits on her ass and lives on our hardworked for tax paying money. One of the only funny things about the English is how craply unpatriotic their anthem is.

As for the best, if it's not ours, it's the Russians.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:02 pm

McMurdo wrote:GSTQ is the shittest most dire national anthem to ever exist. I'd hate to hear some of your music tastes if that's what you class as a good patriotic anthem! :lol: :lol: :lol: It only has like one line, and is about some old c**t who sits on her ass and lives on our hardworked for tax paying money. One of the only funny things about the English is how craply unpatriotic their anthem is.

As for the best, if it's not ours, it's the Russians.

Treason :o :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:08 pm

I like the welsh, irish and scottish a lot...

lyric wise i love ours (german) for what it stands for "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (Unity and Justice and Freedom)
tune wise I also like the russian, italian and french, also like the fact the french had it as their revolution tune...

oh canada is also good...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I like the Djibouti national anthem :)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Apart from my home Anthem (Proud to be Welsh) I have a great love of the New Zealand.

I am heavily involved in Sports Photography and have attended several Australia -v- New Zealand Rugby League Internationals here in the UK.

Stood literally 10 yards from the New Zealand players their anthem is something special especially when its sung by Hayley Westenra

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:48 pm

get a fecking grip ya fecking gobshite, if i ever pass your shop i'll shite on your doorstep .....wanka

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

get a fecking grip ya fecking gobshite, if i ever pass your shop i'll shite on your doorstep .....wanka

bite

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

bite

Bite????

I'll ignite the fecking kip....shame on the cnut even if he is messing
inger fecking god the queen land ?.? she can suck my fecking cock and i'll piss in her face, pour petrol on her head and flip a zippo under her regal bugle

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Personally I think ours has potential to be the best. Everyone bursting out "GWLAD GWLAD" but loads get pronunciation wrong.

So I'm gonna go with Italia! Although GTSQ doesn't bother me one bit.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:Personally I think ours has potential to be the best. Everyone bursting out "GWLAD GWLAD" but loads get pronunciation wrong.

You really are a f in gob shite....Fuk the English royal family.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 am

tommy Barry wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:Personally I think ours has potential to be the best. Everyone bursting out "GWLAD GWLAD" but loads get pronunciation wrong.

You really are a f in gob shite....Fuk the English royal family.

British*