Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Miller & Goodwillie = MAGIC!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Big mistake if we miss out on Goodwillie.

Goodwillie and Miller would of been magic together and would have cost lest than 3 million!

Re: Miller & Goodwillie = MAGIC!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Big mistake if we miss out on Goodwillie.

Goodwillie and Miller would of been magic together and would have cost lest than 3 million!

Spot on BBM :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:24 pm

TC, I believe that Miller & Goodwillie would score for fun in this league.

AND.....

I also believe they could cut it in the Prem.

For about 3 millon we could have a strikeforce that could give us a good return for 3 seasons. Goodwillie would still be going strong after those 3 seasons.

Swansea spent more on one striker.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Big mistake if we miss out on Goodwillie.

Spot on BBM :ayatollah:

Blackberry Messenger? :S

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:52 am

We could have a strikeforce with both players having the talent to hit 20 plus goals each for less then 3 million!

Come on CCFC and MM!

You know it makes sense!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 am

be patient it will happen. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:08 am

ihatealiens wrote:be patient it will happen. :ayatollah:

i strongly dont think it will...

but if you all want to hope :)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 am

Miller + GoodWillile - Chops = 1.5 million

It makes even more sense now!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Miller + GoodWillile - Chops = 1.5 million

It makes even more sense now!

Miller + GoodWillile - Chops + Miller Supposed wages of 25k = 2.7 million

it wont happen guys. miller, earnie, parkin, mason , gestede, Jarvis. i really doubt it guys, would be great but were not going to spend another 2 mil, if not more now theres 10 teams interested, if we already have 6 strikers and are lacking in other areas !!

lets give up and move on

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 am

- Jay and Bellers wages and I can't see the problem.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:42 am

There ZERO chance Miller would do anything in Prem being 33, stop being completely delusional.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 am

Big Boss Man wrote:- Jay and Bellers wages and I can't see the problem.

why would we want 7 strikers when we need to strengthen every other area more?

jay was only on 6K per week. bellamys wages were getting funded personally by the malaysians and did not count towards the wage total.

to sign another striker now would be rediculous unless we shipped out parkin and some of the younger ones on loan, which im sure we wont for a while.

goodwillie deal is pretty much dead

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:50 am

But we wouldn't have six strikers.

We would have Miller and Goodwillie starting.

Rudy and Earnshaw on the bench.

The others are simply not good enough and we can do this for less then 3 million! You don't get the chance to do this for 3 million very often.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:54 am

quadsas wrote:There ZERO chance Miller would do anything in Prem being 33, stop being completely delusional.

Kevin Phillips managed it at 37! :P ;) :) :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:58 am

Malkey and a lot of other people are rating mason quite high so we have

miller earnie,

gestede mason. two young and two experienced.

even if u dont want to use parkin 4 decent strikers is enough when we have only 1 winger and are weak at the back and in goal imo

i personnally highly doubt it. i dont think he is coming. and if he is, were now in a bidding war and that means he may cost more. im not even sure he wants to sign, he has made no real attempts to force his way to us.

if he does he should be at the very bottom of the priorities.

i understand the potential and the fact it may turn out to be good buisness in buying him you cheaper and with potential....

but that doesnt make it the right thing to do

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 am

Overthemoon wrote:
quadsas wrote:There ZERO chance Miller would do anything in Prem being 33, stop being completely delusional.

scoring 5 goals in 33 is hardly "managing" it

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

:lol: Patience.

There's a month to go in the window and Malky seams willing to wait. Lots can happen.

Besdies, Goodwillie still has an assault charge hanging over him don't forget.

If DG comes I will be pumped but if it doesn't happen I'm sure we'll have other players in to do the job.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:10 am

quadsas wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

And how many of those games did he start?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

quadsas wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

He scored those 5 goals out of 20 appearances and not 33, when he came off the bench for the last 5-10 minutes in the majority of games!

Not bad for a sub imo!

Had Birmingham played him more often, then they may well have stayed up! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 am

Goals are key in this game and we have a chance to create the best strikeforce in this league for less than 3 million.

We would be daft not to do it.

Defenders and midfielders come and go.

But you never come across the chance to create a strikeforce that could be magic for so little.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:58 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Goals are key in this game and we have a chance to create the best strikeforce in this league for less than 3 million.

We would be daft not to do it.

Defenders and midfielders come and go.

But you never come across the chance to create a strikeforce that could be magic for so little.

you could have the best strikers in the world but if the midfield isnt good enough to get the ball to them, those strikers aint going to score....

Also have you not learnt from last year that no matter how good or forwards are ....burke jay bells chops.... that if your defense cant keep the goals out...you wont win games.

seriously i think ive proved enough points here mate

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:04 am

You could also say that about midfielders.

What's the point of having a good midfield and shite strikers? I believe we have brought in some good midfielders and have good defenders on the books.

Goodwillie is here and ready to go.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:You could also say that about midfielders.

What's the point of having a good midfield and shite strikers? I believe we have brought in some good midfielders and have good defenders on the books.

Goodwillie is here and ready to go.

we dont have shite strikers... Miller and earnie are more than capable of firing us to promostion on there own.

mason is looking far more promising than i had hoped. and i firmly believe gestede will be starting every game in 2 months time.

im not confident in our defense as gerrerd has shone me no signs he has improved us too much, i suppose taylor has improved but he hasnt even played in defense yet !!

goodwillie isnt ready to go, he has 10 clubs chasing, alot will look to match his valuation then its about trying to give the highest wages. and he still has an assult charge above his haead with alot better evidence than the rape.

are you really this sure about things

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Mason has played one game.

Earnshaw and Miller are the same type of player - Miller being the better of the two.

You name me another time when we have the chance to create this type of strikeforce for so little?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Mason has played one game.

Earnshaw and Miller are the same type of player - Miller being the better of the two.

You name me another time when we have the chance to create this type of strikeforce for so little?

chopra bothroyd mccormack. combined for about 3.5 mill, maybe less?

its also about getting the right players. we had the best strike force in the league last season, it didnt get us anywhere.
im not sure goodwillies behaviour will be any better than having chopra back. both seem to like a drink and get into trouble.

and also. Earnie miller being the same? goodwillie is also the same, id say very similar to miller so that doesnt really help your point much :/

give up yet?? :)

also out of interest would you be as excited if there wasnt that kind of price tag on him. for me the price tag seems to be exciting a few people more than he actually is

sorry but for me, i cant see it. Earnie mason miller goodwille are all the very similar strikers. i cant see malky bringing in a 4th small guy striker !!

why cant you see how unrealistic it is?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Goodwillie is not the same type of player as Earnshaw.

I'd also argue that Miller & Goodwillie are better than Ross, Jay and Chops. I don't see a number of clubs in a bidding war for Chops, Jay or Ross.

But last season we had the best strikeforce was the best and.....

The goals got us to be able to fight for the chance to go up!!!!! Where would we be without those goals?

Give up?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Goodwillie is not the same type of player as Earnshaw.

I'd also argue that Miller & Goodwillie are better than Ross, Jay and Chops. I don't see a number of clubs in a bidding war for Chops, Jay or Ross.

But last season we had the best strikeforce was the best and.....

The goals got us to be able to fight for the chance to go up!!!!! Where would we be without those goals?

Give up?

you said miller and earnie are the same but not earnie and goowillie?? there all around the same height pace and style.

i disagree, jay and chops and ross on there days i would much rather have than miller and goodwillie, i wish they wernt but imo i think they are. since chops and jay just transfered to a new team and mccormack vowed not to leave and stay and fight for his place i dont think that matters.

well without those goals we may of invested better and bought a left back or a CB rather than in strikers.

after all, its alot easier to win a game keeping a clean sheet. if the strikers were not scoring, which happened alot....you need a strong defense not a leaky one.

all last season we were screaming for DJ to bring in a LB but he didnt and that cost us more imo

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:17 pm

ihatealiens wrote:be patient it will happen. :ayatollah:

Do you know something or are you just guessing?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:52 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Mason has played one game.

chopra bothroyd mccormack. combined for about 3.5 mill, maybe less?

its also about getting the right players. we had the best strike force in the league last season, it didnt get us anywhere.
im not sure goodwillies behaviour will be any better than having chopra back. both seem to like a drink and get into trouble.

and also. Earnie miller being the same? goodwillie is also the same, id say very similar to miller so that doesnt really help your point much :/

give up yet?? :)

also out of interest would you be as excited if there wasnt that kind of price tag on him. for me the price tag seems to be exciting a few people more than he actually is

sorry but for me, i cant see it. Earnie mason miller goodwille are all the very similar strikers. i cant see malky bringing in a 4th small guy striker !!

why cant you see how unrealistic it is?

What a load of codswallop. Sorry.

Goodwillie is just under 5ft 10" - Earnshaw is 5ft 8"

Goodwillie hassles, harries, battles, closes down and is generally a total
pain in the arse for opposing Centre-halves. He has a sublime touch and
a big part of his game is assists, and leading the line.

Earnie hangs of the back of the last defender and makes late diagonal
runs into the box to get on the end of crosses, or sniffs around when the
ball is in or around the box.

Both Joe Mason and Kenny Miller are 5ft 10" also

Nobody is ever going to hammer the ball up to Earnies feet and hope it sticks
long enough for the midfield to make runs past him.

I agree with BBM.... Goodwillie and Miller would rip this division apart, and with
Earnie ready to come off the bench as a plan B?.... awesome prospect.

Go get the Willie Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 pm

^^^Thank you!