Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Miller & Goodwillie = MAGIC!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:52 am

Bump!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Bump!

seriously as much as you want him, go for quiet drives and make daisy chains with him in the meadow....

its clear as day he is not coming !! Malaysians are not taking the risk and malkay is looking somewhere else.

when carl says interest has cooled, it means were not really interested anymore, why are poeple clutching straws to an unproven overpriced troublemaker

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi lads,
Im a rangers fan and i'd like to say you have got a great striker in miller, the only thing hes lacked his whole career was the ability to finish the ball but in the past 2 seasons hes really worked on his game and has improved drastically. They only reason he signed for Cardiff is because Rangers refused to pay more than we sold him for. Goodwillie will NOT join Cardiff though im sorry to bare the bad news, the lad is a massive Rangers fan and Rangers with a new owner and cash to spend will pay whatever it takes to sign him up. I wish you well for the season ahead ....
let the abuse commence :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:28 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Bump!

seriously as much as you want him, go for quiet drives and make daisy chains with him in the meadow....

its clear as day he is not coming !! Malaysians are not taking the risk and malkay is looking somewhere else.

when carl says interest has cooled, it means were not really interested anymore, why are poeple clutching straws to an unproven overpriced troublemaker

Thing is you got your opinion same as he has :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm

GersFan wrote:Hi lads,
Im a rangers fan and i'd like to say you have got a great striker in miller, the only thing hes lacked his whole career was the ability to finish the ball but in the past 2 seasons hes really worked on his game and has improved drastically. They only reason he signed for Cardiff is because Rangers refused to pay more than we sold him for. Goodwillie will NOT join Cardiff though im sorry to bare the bad news, the lad is a massive Rangers fan and Rangers with a new owner and cash to spend will pay whatever it takes to sign him up. I wish you well for the season ahead ....
let the abuse commence :ayatollah:

dont think we have followed up our interest in him anyway.. but money talks in football, theres no loyalty, if any other club offer him more money than you he will go there, whether it be blackpool, cardiff, leicester or whoever...

you havnt met the valuation yet and there are a reported 8 clubs now showing interest... Rangers fan or not you are no way nearer to signing him than any of the other clubs interested...

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:05 am

Still not to late to make the magic happen!

Both Man Utd and Arsenal have checked out Goodwillie!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Still not to late to make the magic happen!

Both Man Utd and Arsenal have checked out Goodwillie!

and not made bids......

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

And what's your point?

You already said that Goodwillie is the same type of player than Miller and Earnshaw, which goes to show you know f**k all about football.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:08 am

lol oh so now were going to get personal? i have an opinion of your football knowledge too but think its clear to see and not needed to be said.

my point clearly is if he was as good as you make outin your fantasy land, bigger clubs like man utd and arsenal would be putting offers in for him. not blackpool and rangers who wont even cough up £2million for him.

you telling the the next big thing is being overlooked by the big clubs for, what is to them, a measly £2million. he is so unproven its rediculous.

Earnshaw miller and goodwille have very inches between them in height, they are all mildly pacey, good eye for goal, can work off the back of the last man and also run down and chase players and come looking for the ball.

or are you telling me goodwillie is a target man or a modern day messi?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 am

I said he was good enough to tear up this league.

But I'm wrong because Man Utd don't agree he is good enough for the 2nd best team in Europe?

I just HL your lack of understanding of Goodwillie when you compared him to be the same player as Miller and Earnshaw. That's nothing personal.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 am

i just dont see what attributes your referring to if your so convinced there very different players to each other.

miller was brought in as a replacement. he wont be comin.

to be fair if arsenal or man utd wanted him they have good enough youth systems and resources to loan him out for a year or two to develop him.

they only scouted imo to check they havent missed anything

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:49 am

TA has already explained what they are in this thread.

For you to comment that he is the same type of player as Miller/Earnshaw says to me that you have not even seen him play.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

taffyapple wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Mason has played one game.

Earnshaw and Miller are the same type of player - Miller being the better of the two.

You name me another time when we have the chance to create this type of strikeforce for so little?

chopra bothroyd mccormack. combined for about 3.5 mill, maybe less?

its also about getting the right players. we had the best strike force in the league last season, it didnt get us anywhere.
im not sure goodwillies behaviour will be any better than having chopra back. both seem to like a drink and get into trouble.

and also. Earnie miller being the same? goodwillie is also the same, id say very similar to miller so that doesnt really help your point much :/

give up yet?? :)

also out of interest would you be as excited if there wasnt that kind of price tag on him. for me the price tag seems to be exciting a few people more than he actually is

sorry but for me, i cant see it. Earnie mason miller goodwille are all the very similar strikers. i cant see malky bringing in a 4th small guy striker !!

why cant you see how unrealistic it is?

What a load of codswallop. Sorry.

Goodwillie is just under 5ft 10" - Earnshaw is 5ft 8"

Goodwillie hassles, harries, battles, closes down and is generally a total
pain in the arse for opposing Centre-halves. He has a sublime touch and
a big part of his game is assists, and leading the line.

Earnie hangs of the back of the last defender and makes late diagonal
runs into the box to get on the end of crosses, or sniffs around when the
ball is in or around the box.

Both Joe Mason and Kenny Miller are 5ft 10" also

Nobody is ever going to hammer the ball up to Earnies feet and hope it sticks
long enough for the midfield to make runs past him.

I agree with BBM.... Goodwillie and Miller would rip this division apart, and with
Earnie ready to come off the bench as a plan B?.... awesome prospect.

Go get the Willie Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll just re-post this great post cos you seemed to have missed it.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 am

Goodwillie hassles, harries, battles, closes down and is generally a total
pain in the arse for opposing Centre-halves. He has a sublime touch and
a big part of his game is assists, and leading the line.

Earnie hangs of the back of the last defender and makes late diagonal
runs into the box to get on the end of crosses, or sniffs around when the
ball is in or around the box.

to be fair i think you underestimate earnie. ive watched him alot over the last few years and he holds the ball up leaps and bounds more than he did in 2004. he is peaking for his all round game and hassles and closes down just as much as any body else. im not downplaying goodwillie, i just think your not giving eanrie enough credit

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:16 pm

LOL at anyone trying to hint that Earnshaw could play the same type of role as Goodwillie.

Goodwillie reminds me of a young Alan Shearer/Chris Sutton. Those types of player have never sprung to mind when I've seen Earnshaw play.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm

well goodwille far from reminds me of a young alan shearer/ chris sutton so i guess thats where the difference remains. either way hes not coming as i said

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 pm

jezzy666 wrote:well goodwille far from reminds me of a young alan shearer/ chris sutton so i guess thats where the difference remains. either way hes not coming as i said

Why do you say he's definately not coming?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

boxerbob wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:well goodwille far from reminds me of a young alan shearer/ chris sutton so i guess thats where the difference remains. either way hes not coming as i said

because in a few cases now, from carl and from the shareholders AGM that miller was the alternative and that a deal for goodwillie now is highly unlikely....

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:26 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

because in a few cases now, from carl and from the shareholders AGM that miller was the alternative and that a deal for goodwillie now is highly unlikely....

cheers,didnt realise there was an agm.