Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another Goodwillie thread

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:48 am

Sorry this is yet another thread re young David, but does anyone else think that Malky will have been hounding the Gethin & co hard since yesterdays case drop news?

Yes we know that the Malaysians were also awaiting the result of his assault charge as well, however with the added publicity yesterdays news has brought and the knowledge that we're only competiting with Blackpool & skintoss Rangers at this point I assume Malky will be desperate to bring Mr Goodwillie to the club - he would essentially complete our striker base for the season together with the additions of Rudy & Kenny.

Malky will know this and being the headstrong character he is, he'll at least make the board think about it.

Now we've signed Miller (iminent :D ) it does pose a difficult financial predicament for Malky and the board considering he will cost £2mil and with Earnie's and Miller's wages we will be approaching the threshold of our budget (presumably discounting the wage structure etc put aside for Bellers). However, I would fully expect Malky to test the Malaysians hunger for promotion by asking the question...in his own calculating persuasive manner :ayatollah:

Re: Another Goodwillie thread

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 am

no because i feel miller was a replacement for goodwille. and im not at all disapointed

we need to drop goodwillie, its one player we wanted we didnt get, its not the ed of the world. swansea get turned down every week

Re: Another Goodwillie thread

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 am

I don't think he's coming here. We have enough strikers now