Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RANGERS AND BLACKPOOL CHASE GOODWILLIE

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14286377.stm

Rangers have had another bid for Dundee United striker David Goodwillie rejected.

United, who rebuffed a bid of just over £1m from Rangers a few weeks ago, have also had an approach from Championship side Blackpool for the striker.

Ten clubs are understood to be interested in the player, who had a rape charge against him dropped on Monday.

He and his agent will meet the United chairman on Tuesday.

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston is understood to have spoken to United chairman Stephen Thompson and a cash bid meeting United's valuation of £2m could be imminent.

Arsenal were represented at United's Europa league match against Slask Wroclaw at Tannadice on Thursday.

Earlier on Monday evening, the Scotland manager Craig Levein said he will consider bringing Goodwillie back in the national team set-up.

Re: RANGERS AND BLACKPOOL CHASE GOODWILLIE

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 am

Someone said we have agreed terms but we have to rebuff our offer ill post the link now

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:41 am

http://www.scotzine.com/2011/07/rangers ... -rejected/

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:41 am

We will miss out BIG time if we dont get him :(

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:46 am

Ballistic Blue wrote:We will miss out BIG time if we dont get him :(

other areas need addressing first

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 am

Why don't they ever mention CCFC ? We're the only ones who seem to have at least offered the full £2m !

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 am

jezzy666 wrote:

Id have to disagree we look toothless going forward

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:53 am

Ballistic Blue wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

Same we need Goodwillie but we dont really need a midfeild player !

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:57 am

I agree that as good as he is, we need other players as a priority. We ae very likely to soon have Miller, Earnshaw,Gestede, Mason, Parkin & Jarvis so it's not like we're desperate for numbers.

For me, it's all about another winger which is why I should imagine that Malky is looking at Fagan. Conway is more of a left winger so there's a gap on the right an to be fair, I don't think Cowie is the answer to that

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 am

Bluebird99 wrote:I agree that as good as he is, we need other players as a priority. We ae very likely to soon have Miller, Earnshaw,Gestede, Mason, Parkin & Jarvis so it's not like we're desperate for numbers.

For me, it's all about another winger which is why I should imagine that Malky is looking at Fagan. Conway is more of a left winger so there's a gap on the right an to be fair, I don't think Cowie is the answer to that

Bellamy !!! :D

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 am

Sod Goodwillie

Given up on him

he was allways a risky choice as is Miller but at least Miller is experienced--has a good record and is cheaper

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 am

other areas need addressing first[/quote]

Id have to disagree we look toothless going forward[/quote]

Same we need Goodwillie but we dont really need a midfeild player ![/quote]

ARE you guys serious???

we have 6 strikers in the team !! 1 winger 2 dodgy GK's and a defense thats arguably no better than it was last season.

Talk about tunnel vision on one player. theres more to life than goodwillie guys. this obssesion is unhealthy

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:03 am

jezzy666 wrote:other areas need addressing first

ARE you guys serious???

we have 6 strikers in the team !! 1 winger 2 dodgy GK's and a defense thats arguably no better than it was last season.

Talk about tunnel vision on one player. theres more to life than goodwillie guys. this obssesion is unhealthy[/quote]

Whitts can play out wide (And is better out there IMO) and so can Cowie.

if we dont get Goodwillie it just shows a lack of ambition on the Malaysians part.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 am

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:I agree that as good as he is, we need other players as a priority. We ae very likely to soon have Miller, Earnshaw,Gestede, Mason, Parkin & Jarvis so it's not like we're desperate for numbers.

Bellamy !!! :D

He's not a right winger either. Personally I'm fed up with the Good willie AND Bellamy talk. Neither are likely to happen

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:28 am

ARE you guys serious???

Talk about tunnel vision on one player. theres more to life than goodwillie guys. this obssesion is unhealthy[/quote]

ok so im guessing we need another midfielder (which we have over 6) or another CB (which we have over 5) we need wingers and another striker. Ill sum our strike force up for you:

Mason - Squad player would be unfair to put too much pressure on him

Rudy - (see mason)

Jarvis - Youth player will prob be loaned or used like mason and rudy

Miller - Quality first team player but old so will prob be injured

Earnie - (see Miller)

Parkin - Cringeworthy to watch and even though he is 6 ft 4 and huge he cannot head the ball to save his life just times his jump completely wrong

to sum it all up we need another striker if we are challanging for top 6

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:

ARE you guys serious???

ok so im guessing we need another midfielder (which we have over 6) or another CB (which we have over 5) we need wingers and another striker. Ill sum our strike force up for you:

Mason - Squad player would be unfair to put too much pressure on him

Rudy - (see mason)

Jarvis - Youth player will prob be loaned or used like mason and rudy

Miller - Quality first team player but old so will prob be injured

Earnie - (see Miller)

Parkin - Cringeworthy to watch and even though he is 6 ft 4 and huge he cannot head the ball to save his life just times his jump completely wrong

to sum it all up we need another striker if we are challanging for top 6[/quote]

im with this guy

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:10 pm

LOL you guys

how naive to assume that just because earnie and miller are 30 they will get injured....

rudy and mason are squad players and yes exactly you proved the point. we have a squad of 4 good strikers

2 who start miller and earnie and then if injury occurs and suspensions you revert to your squad players. you cant have a squad of quality first team players with quality first team players in every position.

This isnt football manager or manchester city. players get unhappy, see bellamy adebayor jo SWP bridge given, it makes the mager look like a prick, mancini, and it ultimatly doesnt get you a league title.

we have 1 winger, cowie and whitts offer more in the middle, even if whitts did score more out wide, i feel he offers so much more of an all round game to the team in the midle.

honestly guys your arguments are poor and unrealistic

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Rudy and Mason are not good enough back up if we want to have a chance of finishing in the play offs, if we sell Parkin that will leave us to get either Bellamy or Goodwillie.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:Rudy and Mason are not good enough back up if we want to have a chance of finishing in the play offs, if we sell Parkin that will leave us to get either Bellamy or Goodwillie.

are you undermining Malkay in sgining Rudy and gestede. are you saying he was wrong to brin gthem in. losing faith in him already. im extremely excited by those two signings personally. as i said you cant keep 3 good strikers happy if only two will play each week !! hence us losing Mccormack.

im backing everything up with examples, you guys are just going on faith as if goodwillie is messi !!! seen goodwillie play much out of interest>?

and i did giggle that you think selling parkin will help us in signing bellamy and goodwillie, cant see parking bringing in much money....