Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Travel problems Yeovil

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 am

Merthyr to Raglan back down to the Celtic manor...is that the best way with the Bryn glas tunnels closed....I know there are quicker routes but surely they are cluttered up with diverted traffic?

Is it clear after the tunnels?

Re: Travel problems Yeovil

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Corky, I have heard that Raglen to the Coldra is closed south bound? I am thinking M50, M5. Who knows!!?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 pm

What about Monmouth and across to Chepstow....?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 pm

I don't know m8, i'm not very good on the roads. I can see me knocking it on the head now. I don't finish work till half 3. Don't think there is any chance. Let me know.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 pm

I was thinking about going up but will give it a miss now.

Will take too long to get there from here.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Just looked at that way corky, looks better then my way!!! Down the A466 or A446 can't remember now. "2 hours 45 mins from Blackwood. extra 45 mins, just hope it is ok by the severn bridge?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

A470 then up to Monmouth and across to Gloucester through Forest of Dean to pick up M5 there - the Traffic map on google shows a long queue to the coldra from the north, so its probably best to avoid this.

The traffic option on google maps shows the queues from Cardiff Gate Eastwards, and from Magor westwards. The reports are that it is taking at least an hour and a half to get through Newport.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:39 pm

449 southbound also definatly closed ,im going cardiff to merthyr, onto abergavenny ,over to 449 northbound to monmouth, then 446 to chepstow ,old bridge crossing to m5 south . my thinking is the bigger the arch hopefully less diverted traffic ,hoping a few extra miles will work out quicker . happy motoring , see you all at yeovil :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:42 pm

lol I like it trooobloooooooo thats the way i'll be going (hopefully!!)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:42 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:449 southbound also definatly closed ,im going cardiff to merthyr, onto abergavenny ,over to 449 northbound to monmouth, then 446 to chepstow ,old bridge crossing to m5 south . my thinking is the bigger the arch hopefully less diverted traffic ,hoping a few extra miles will work out quicker . happy motoring , see you all at yeovil :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats what I thought, but going over Forest of Dean to Gloucester to pick up M5

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:449 southbound also definatly closed ,im going cardiff to merthyr, onto abergavenny ,over to 449 northbound to monmouth, then 446 to chepstow ,old bridge crossing to m5 south . my thinking is the bigger the arch hopefully less diverted traffic ,hoping a few extra miles will work out quicker . happy motoring , see you all at yeovil :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats what I thought, but going over Forest of Dean to Gloucester to pick up M5

Watch out for the bears. If you have to stop in the forest don't mention the bears.