Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we intimidating or a 'family club'?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:11 pm

How do fans of other clubs see us? intimidating or are we a 'family club'?... how would you rather our fans be seen? :ayatollah:

Re: Are we intimidating or a 'family club'?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

When we go away i think people find us intimidating and thats why we get treated like shit

But if anyone was ever worried about going to the new stadium there a bunch of fags lets be honest

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 pm

I dont think the new stadium is or ever will be 'intimindatin' cant say any of the new grounds r really..when we go away its more a case of our reputation goin before us,so to answer ur question r we intimidatin personally i would say no

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I dont think the new stadium is or ever will be 'intimindatin' cant say any of the new grounds r really..when we go away its more a case of our reputation goin before us,so to answer ur question r we intimidatin personally i would say no

Agree about the new stadium bit but i disagree about us not bieng intimidating when we go away, example of this bieng stoke away last season... especially after the final whistle!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 pm

We'll always be intimidating on the road...our fan base is a reflection of the areas we're from, and Cardiff and the Valleys are gritty places.

CCS will become more and more intimidating as the years roll on, but at the moment comparing Ninian Park with CCS is like comparing Mr Bean with Vinnie Jones :D

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:42 pm

JonScam wrote:We'll always be intimidating on the road...our fan base is a reflection of the areas we're from, and Cardiff and the Valleys are gritty places.

CCS will become more and more intimidating as the years roll on, but at the moment comparing Ninian Park with CCS is like comparing Mr Bean with Vinnie Jones :D

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Rhondda Bluebird wrote:
JonScam wrote:We'll always be intimidating on the road...our fan base is a reflection of the areas we're from, and Cardiff and the Valleys are gritty places.

:lol: :lol:

I just think that gradually there r less n less 'boys' goin to away games spesh after things like chelsea last season

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 pm

the new stadium as a whole will not be intimidating unless we have a lot of success in the premier league like stoke did. but i think it will be the odd one or two blocks in the new ground that will be a little intimidating much like a few other grounds in the country.
we will always intimidate teams when we go away. always have done since ive supported the city. always will do.
a lot of teams still think cardiff is a dodgy away trip if you go on many other forums.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm

We lost our intimidating edge at home when we moved to the CCS. I think most clubs in a new stadium are the same.

As for todays wannabees away from home they are about as scary as Casper as ghost.

"Oooh look at me smashing a seat. Im hard" :roll:

We havent got an intimidating away support. Police still like to make out we have because it keeps them in a job but its got f**k all on our away support in the 90s (Cannot comment on the 80s was too young).

Most of our away support was just young lads back then, definitely more families going away now.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 pm

polo wrote:We lost our intimidating edge at home when we moved to the CCS. I think most clubs in a new stadium are the same.

As for todays wannabees away from they are about as scary as Casper as ghost.

We havent got an intimidating away support. Police still like to make out we have because it keeps them in a job.

i agree with your comment about new stadiums etc.
do not agree with away support. yes a lot of teams TRY to be intimidating but when we go away ANYWHERE, the other team find us pretty intimidating hence why they complain a lot and keep their distance from us. anything minor we do....they cry like babies about.
but the police do make us out to be even worse just to keep their jobs that's true.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:02 pm

lewis91 wrote:
polo wrote:We lost our intimidating edge at home when we moved to the CCS. I think most clubs in a new stadium are the same.

We havent got an intimidating away support. Police still like to make out we have because it keeps them in a job.

do not agree with away support. yes a lot of teams TRY to be intimidating but when we go away ANYWHERE, the other team find us pretty intimidating hence why they complain a lot and keep their distance from us. anything minor we do....they cry like babies about.
but the police do make us out to be even worse just to keep their jobs that's true.

I agree :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:50 pm

At the CCS I would say we are more and more "Family Club". Away from home many fans of other clubs still fear Cardiff and that's gonna take forever to change. Judging by the travel restrictions we have to endure it's not just other clubs fans perceptions but also the police forces too!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm

at home these days we're a family club, our away support can be intimidating.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 am

cardiff city will NEVER be a family club. it's how it is. can you see us ever being like watford for example. (don't mention the management and players in reply :lol: :lol: )

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 am

Still very much intimidating away from home! And although the new stadium is now wining family of the year gongs' i still think if any set of fans came to cardiff looking for trouble, theyd find it !BIG TIME!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:13 pm

lewis91 wrote:

do not agree with away support. yes a lot of teams TRY to be intimidating but when we go away ANYWHERE, the other team find us pretty intimidating hence why they complain a lot and keep their distance from us. anything minor we do....they cry like babies about.but the police do make us out to be even worse just to keep their jobs that's true.

You sound scary :roll:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Cardiff over the years has changed,you could never wear a jack top in the center end of,now you can with out any one careing.Off course this is down to the investment in cardiff and pulling in people from other areas around the uk following the work.Out side the center may be diffrent.As for your ground I did not find it at all intimidating un like ninian.Its safer to walk around cardiff with a swans top then arouns swansea wirh a cardiff top,mainly as central swansea is shit and ful of pissheads.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:01 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Cardiff over the years has changed,you could never wear a jack top in the center end of,now you can with out any one careing.Off course this is down to the investment in cardiff and pulling in people from other areas around the uk following the work.Out side the center may be diffrent.As for your ground I did not find it at all intimidating un like ninian.Its safer to walk around cardiff with a swans top then arouns swansea wirh a cardiff top,mainly as central swansea is shit and ful of pissheads.

Agree with most of that (investment.etc) but I still think you would get unstuck of you walked around Cardiff in a Swansea top.

Loads more Jack tops in Merthyr these days, mainly kids.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 pm

I now of a few who have walked around cardiff with swans tops on,the center that is mind.I was walking around splott few weeks back with a old swans tope on and not even a word said.If I see a cardiff top in swansea it ruins my day to the extent that my missis calls me childish and we argue.Mind you it has its bonus ss now she never asks me to go.happy days

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:49 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I now of a few who have walked around cardiff with swans tops on,the center that is mind.I was walking around splott few weeks back with a old swans tope on and not even a word said.If I see a cardiff top in swansea it ruins my day to the extent that my missis calls me childish and we argue.Mind you it has its bonus ss now she never asks me to go.happy days

You wouldnt get away with it walking around grangetown or ely. Splott is full of somalians.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 am

polo wrote:
lewis91 wrote:

do not agree with away support. yes a lot of teams TRY to be intimidating but when we go away ANYWHERE, the other team find us pretty intimidating hence why they complain a lot and keep their distance from us. anything minor we do....they cry like babies about.but the police do make us out to be even worse just to keep their jobs that's true.

You sound scary :roll:

polo, i, bloody mental mate :lol: :lol: it's true though. we don't get much trouble when we go away they just try and wind us up to see it kick off

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:41 am

I'll give you an idea of how Cardiff are viewed by fans of other clubs, I am not a troublemaker at the football, never have been, never will be, and when I go to away games, I enjoy a chat with the opposition fans when I can.

On a few occasions last season, the conversations would turn to Cardiff and your reputation is shocking, the most notable one being Portsmouth. Stopped for a pint on the way to the game and both sets of fans were mixing together well, Cardiff v QPR was on the big screen before our match and a few Portsmouth fans were saying that they couldn't believe the difference between the two sets of fans. However, ask any of them for recent examples of any trouble with Cardiff and they were stumped. Same thing happened at Derby, Preston, Reading.

It's your reputation that goes before you.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 pm

ah well they can think what they like.
fair comment above but i'm sure some clubs would say cardiff are fine and some would say we are trouble makers.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:21 pm

scotsjack wrote:I'll give you an idea of how Cardiff are viewed by fans of other clubs, I am not a troublemaker at the football, never have been, never will be, and when I go to away games, I enjoy a chat with the opposition fans when I can.

On a few occasions last season, the conversations would turn to Cardiff and your reputation is shocking, the most notable one being Portsmouth. Stopped for a pint on the way to the game and both sets of fans were mixing together well, Cardiff v QPR was on the big screen before our match and a few Portsmouth fans were saying that they couldn't believe the difference between the two sets of fans. However, ask any of them for recent examples of any trouble with Cardiff and they were stumped. Same thing happened at Derby, Preston, Reading.

It's your reputation that goes before you.

Thats the same for everyone with a reputation because the days of trouble week in week out are long gone.

Yes, there will be the odd game (Chelsea FA CUP) were it kicks off but you cannot just go into someones Town / City centre every away game and kick off like it was before.

Anyone involved in FV these days need their heads read because you get done for it now and its not going to be a slap on the wrist like it was years ago.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:11 pm

no the seventies was the time .old bill clueless .you were brought up on stories of famous fights.e.g man u.and you were expected to fight for your club.goodtimes long gone

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 am

polo wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:I now of a few who have walked around cardiff with swans tops on,the center that is mind.I was walking around splott few weeks back with a old swans tope on and not even a word said.If I see a cardiff top in swansea it ruins my day to the extent that my missis calls me childish and we argue.Mind you it has its bonus ss now she never asks me to go.happy days

You wouldnt get away with it walking around grangetown or ely. Splott is full of somalians.

Splott? You won't get anyone saying anything to you because they can't speak English and don't know who Swansea are. Also you you wouldnt really find the need to walk through Ely, but imagine if you did....oh dear!