Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky coming to Maesteg

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 pm

I would like to thank korky fot setting this up for the supporters in the Maesteg, Bridgend area, the date as not been set nor the venue, as soon as I hear from the City I will update the message board, thanks again Paul. :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Re: Malky coming to Maesteg

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:30 pm

fair play to him, rather Malky than me

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:08 am

I'll be there when he comes to maesteg :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:12 am

i think its great that they are coming out to see the fans..

i heard they are planning on visiting blackwood also which im over the moon with..

i only met dave jones once when i got invited to train with the city for a day and every question we asked him was met with sarcasm. ..

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i think its great that they are coming out to see the fans..

i heard they are planning on visiting blackwood also which im over the moon with..

i only met dave jones once when i got invited to train with the city for a day and every question we asked him was met with sarcasm. ..

Would be nice if he came up the valleys,there's a lot of support up our way :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 am

Maesteg boys we are here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 am

I'm sure Malky can make detour to port talbot instead of Maesteg :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 am

I don't think Port talbot is on the agenda, but you would be made welcome to see him in Maesteg, providing there is enough tickets to go around.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 am

Maesteg bluebirds wrote:I don't think Port talbot is on the agenda, but you would be made welcome to see him in Maesteg, providing there is enough tickets to go around.

Cheers mate, its a shame that Port Talbot seems to get ignored, we got a very good fanbase of Bluebirds down here, more of a 40/60 split in regards to Cardiff and Swansea. Maesteg is probably the only closest supporters club we got, which really serves the Afan Valleys well, but not Port Talbot Town.

This will change soon :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Its thanks to Julian Jenkins really mate, not me, the club are really trying to engage in fan communication and I know it may look odd that the same old faces Vince and occasionally myself are asked to help, but its just that they know us, particularly Vince and
the organisation is easier then,and Maesteg with a proper long standing supporters club is a good choice because you guys will be able to fill the hall and organise it all basically by yourselves.

I am sure after Rhydyfelin non political club will have tickets to give to the local City fans there, I think the Trust and supporters club had 50 each and the football club had 120 to distribute to fans on a first come first served basis.

The idea is then to go around more venues and that will be decided by the club after they see how the format is working but the idea is as many different fans as possible get the chance.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Cheers Paul, we have been trying for years to get DJ and players to Maesteg, but it has fallen on deaf ears, my advice to you guys down in PT is to form your own supporters club, start small and you will be supprised how quickly it will grow, we have 330 + members, take three buses to every home game, and away games provided there is enough interest.

But the secret is if you are organised and make travel affordable, you will get support, and catch the kids to stop them going down west, this ensures that the City will allways have the larger fan base