Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help i found a pigeon (looking after it)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:23 pm

hey,

yesterday i found a pigeon in a skip, the skip was placed next to a house with tree's ect so i came to the assumption it fell out of the nest into the skip?

the pigeon looks young but nearly all the adult feathers have come through just some loose baby feathers left on the neck area, i have no idea how old that makes it.

so i took it into my garage as i have no shed, and overnight it seems to have become attached as the door has been open all day and he has just moved around within the garage i have put down some water and soacked bread into a soft bread paste thing. if it stays much longer i will get proper bird feed.

however i have no idea how to look after a pigeon, so how do i look after it in the long term, i cant afford to get a pigeon coop and it cant stay in my garage much longer as i need to lock it. so if i moved it into my garden what would i need to put it in ? cause cats and stuff ? any advice please.

Re: Help i found a pigeon (looking after it)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Gas mark 6

35 mins

saute potatoes

Done :D

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:27 pm

google it. if its young make sure its eating the food your leaving it. then it should just leave. but i dont know :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Gas mark 6

35 mins

saute potatoes

Done :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Get some mixed corn and leave a handfull in a small dish, make sure there is plenty of water around. If it isnt strong enough leave it in the garage. When it has its strength leave it outside and let nature take its course.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Tempted?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:05 pm

I'll take it off your hands if it's healthy looking,I'll feed it to my Lanner.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:29 pm

You're not actually suppose to feed white bread to birds! did you know that?

pigeons will usually go for the seeds and corn etc etc.....