Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

best part of £1m on miller ?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:02 pm

im just not sure about the price for miller, rangers only sold him for half of what we paid for him. I dont think we will get goodwille now, maybe abit of patience and bit more cash would of got us just as good player 8 years yonger. Then again who am my to question malkys jugement he knows what he is doing i hope....... :!:

Re: best part of £1m on miller ?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Goodwillie a far better option than Miller in my opinion

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Goodwillie a far better option than Miller in my opinion

Deffo mate

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:05 pm

we got robbed :(

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Goodwillie a far better option than Miller in my opinion

Deffo mate

Agree with you both :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Here's some stats to help you rest your minds lads...

David Goodwillie has been scoring 1 in every 4 games for Dundee Utd.

Kenny Miller scored 1 in every 2 at SPL and Championship level and 1 in every 3 at Premiership and Turkish Superleague level.

Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan and Chris Porter all had better scoring records in the SPL and didn't totally deliver at Championship so just because someone says Goodwillie is shit hot and Dundee Utd rate his value so highly doesn't mean he'd be a success. For a club in our position I still think £2m on a striker whose scoring record in the SPL isn't entirely outstanding is a bit of a risk and I'm more happy with Miller who has done it at this level.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 pm

some good points zab i just think the age thing is my biggest concern, but i suppose with miller you can trust him to hit the ground running which is just what we need. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:18 pm

£700k for Miller? Surely that's just over £500k more than it's the best part of £1m??

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:21 pm

jurgen18 wrote: rangers only sold him for half of what we paid for him.

With 6 months left on his contract.

Think about that, and ponder if it may have affected his price in any way...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Zabier wrote:Here's some stats to help you rest your minds lads...

David Goodwillie has been scoring 1 in every 4 games for Dundee Utd.

Kenny Miller scored 1 in every 2 at SPL and Championship level and 1 in every 3 at Premiership and Turkish Superleague level.

Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan and Chris Porter all had better scoring records in the SPL and didn't totally deliver at Championship so just because someone says Goodwillie is shit hot and Dundee Utd rate his value so highly doesn't mean he'd be a success. For a club in our position I still think £2m on a striker whose scoring record in the SPL isn't entirely outstanding is a bit of a risk and I'm more happy with Miller who has done it at this level.

Good post fella :ayatollah:

Remmeber Marco Negri? he scored like 30 odd goals in 30 games for Rangers one seaosn and then went back to Italy and was never heard of again.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:22 pm

transfer was for 880,000 and i read somewhere that city had increased that last minute hence the delay therfore best part of 1,000000m