Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So are things looking up?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Evening chaps, thought I would have a break from my cyberspace ventures into south Wales, so what's been happening since I have been away. I know that Earnshaw has resigned, which I am delighted for you, as that is the kind of lift that you needed, a very decent player and by the looks of it a thoroughly decent bloke. And now Kenny Miller, a very good signing for the NPC. Are you all optimistic for the new season, and where o you realistically think you'll finish?

Re: So are things looking up?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:05 pm

I'd be happy with a decent top half finish this season! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Bledd10 wrote:I'd be happy with a decent top half finish this season! :ayatollah:

Bleed, I reckon you are going to look good going forward, maybe better than last season, but your defence still worries me. Mackay seems to be a manager who wants to play the right way, but his Watford leaked goals galore. Still should be value for money at the CCS!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Good call with Jay going to your club DWQPR - Your info was spot on mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:I'd be happy with a decent top half finish this season! :ayatollah:

Bleed, I reckon you are going to look good going forward, maybe better than last season, but your defence still worries me. Mackay seems to be a manager who wants to play the right way, but his Watford leaked goals galore. Still should be value for money at the CCS!

I agree our attack will be very good if we can add 1 maybe 2 more decent strikers (Bellamy ;) ). In regards to our defence, i think MM noticed how shit its been over the last couple of seasons and will work hard to address it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good call with Jay going to your club DWQPR - Your info was spot on mate :ayatollah:

To be fair, it was the call of a poster who is usually spot on. With Taarabt now staying, at least until January I have high hopes of the pair hitting it off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: we also have confirmed Danny Gabbidon for the season, but the player who I think could be the shrewdest signing is Keiron Dyer, if he stays fit then that is one hell of a signing.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Bledd10 wrote:I agree our attack will be very good if we can add 1 maybe 2 more decent strikers (Bellamy ;) ). In regards to our defence, i think MM noticed how shit its been over the last couple of seasons and will work hard to address it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah Watford did manage to get a few in the onion bag against you last season! :lol: any news on Bellamy returning?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:23 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:I agree our attack will be very good if we can add 1 maybe 2 more decent strikers (Bellamy ;) ). In regards to our defence, i think MM noticed how shit its been over the last couple of seasons and will work hard to address it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah Watford did manage to get a few in the onion bag against you last season! :lol: any news on Bellamy returning?

Thats true, very true :lol: He's having a meeting with Mancini this week apparently! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Good to see him return, but you will need a FULL season from him. Any other recruits on the horizon?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:32 pm

DWQPR wrote:Good to see him return, but you will need a FULL season from him. Any other recruits on the horizon?

god knows way mm is going we prob have another back up team before season starts :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Good to see him return, but you will need a FULL season from him. Any other recruits on the horizon?

god knows way mm is going we prob have another back up team before season starts :lol:

We've got a few to spare if you want them. Just give Malky a nudge :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 pm

DWQPR wrote:

I think Malky will get more out of them to be honest - and they are a better back four (five, six, seven) than what he had at Watford, so maybe he thinks they have what it takes,, but need a morale, confidence boost etc etc .....

However, Im not at all happy that he keeps giving Naylor a look in! I think he may be looking to use Taylor running the flank from higher up the pitch in midfield, But I'd much rather see Super Kev at LB and allow Quinn back into RB. Every time Naylor's in defence I shit myself every time the opposition attack our left side..... :roll:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Merlin wrote:
DWQPR wrote:

I think Malky will get more out of them to be honest - and they are a better back four (five, six, seven) than what he had at Watford, so maybe he thinks they have what it takes,, but need a morale, confidence boost etc etc .....

However, Im not at all happy that he keeps giving Naylor a look in! I think he may be looking to use Taylor running the flank from higher up the pitch in midfield, But I'd much rather see Super Kev at LB and allow Quinn back into RB. Every time Naylor's in defence I shit myself every time the opposition attack our left side..... :roll:

Evening Merlin, what you may need to remember with Naylor is that he had Mr Motivator managing him last season. MM could be the man to get the best out of him, you could see a different player next season.