Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McGugan And Chambers.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Would be the final pieces of the jigsaw that Mackay has put together in my opinion.

Sign em up. :ayatollah:

Re: McGugan And Chambers.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:57 pm

best to message malky not us :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:57 pm

nobby wrote:Would be the final pieces of the jigsaw that Mackay has put together in my opinion.

Would take them both nobby :ayatollah: but how much would these 2 cost :?:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:58 pm

nobby wrote:Would be the final pieces of the jigsaw that Mackay has put together in my opinion.

would love this to happen, but would be looking between 8-10 mil for the both... i reckon...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Chambers has one year left on his contract and Mcgugan has 6 months, so a realistic bid of £2million should be enough to get the 2 of them hopefully. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

would love this to happen, but would be looking between 8-10 mil for the both... i reckon...

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 pm

nobby wrote:

Chambers has one year left on his contract and Mcgugan has 6 months, so a realistic bid of £2million should be enough to get the 2 of them hopefully. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

McLarens already said he want 3.5 million for Chambers :(

gagsy_mc wrote:

:o :o :o :o :o :o

They would not be worth that much even if they had 5 years left on their contrcts. :shock:

nobby wrote:

didnt realise that....

maybe worth testing the water with a 2 - 3 mil offer!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Scruffy wrote:
nobby wrote:

He is not being realistic though, one he is a centre back and two he only has a year left on his contract, be lucky to get a million for him.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:04 pm

If McGugan only has 6 months left on his contract wouldn't we be aloud to speak to him without being given permission by Forest soon? at the end of the window maybe?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd like chambers but not at that price.

Don't rate mcgugan othe than his shot. In the play/offs he was truly awful other than one top shot in the secon leg, constantly giving the ball away. Witts is twice the player imo

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:06 pm

We have had nine new signings which in total have cost around just over £1million, we apparently had a budget of £20million which was to include wages, Miller is the only high earner. So why cant we spend more and sign up the likes of McGugan and Chambers and really show we mean business and then prove that Mackay has the backing he needs from Tan and co. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:06 pm

We need Chambers and not Mcgugan :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:07 pm

mcgugan is easily a 3-4 mil player.... he is quality... , with is contract running low it may well be worth an offer of 1 - 2 mil to tempt forest..

he was also good friends with earnie and tyson who have both left forest...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:07 pm

nobby wrote:Chambers has one year left on his contract and Mcgugan has 6 months, so a realistic bid of £2million should be enough to get the 2 of them hopefully. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

McLarens already said he want 3.5 million for Chambers :([/quote]

He is not being realistic though, one he is a centre back and two he only has a year left on his contract, be lucky to get a million for him.[/quote]

agree with you there but i hope you're right would love them both here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Scruffy wrote:
nobby wrote:

Given our defensive frailties of recent times and the fact that MM hasn't actually spent much on transfers yet, I think a bid of £2 million is worth a punt. IMO he's quality and will only get better

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

nobby wrote:We have had nine new signings which in total have cost around just over £1million, we apparently had a budget of £20million which was to include wages, Miller is the only high earner. So why cant we spend more and sign up the likes of McGugan and Chambers and really show we mean business and then prove that Mackay has the backing he needs from Tan and co. :ayatollah:

MM - Might be keeping that money for Bellers,and i still think that we will get 2 Under 23 from premier league clubs :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Bowmonster wrote:We need Chambers and not Mcgugan :ayatollah:

every team needs a mcgugan!! getting chambers would be the bonus...

13 goals 15 assists last season, and a number of goals from 25 yds out!!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
nobby wrote:We have had nine new signings which in total have cost around just over £1million, we apparently had a budget of £20million which was to include wages, Miller is the only high earner. So why cant we spend more and sign up the likes of McGugan and Chambers and really show we mean business and then prove that Mackay has the backing he needs from Tan and co. :ayatollah:

MM - Might be keeping that money for Bellers,and i still think that we will get 2 Under 23 from premier league clubs :ayatollah:

Im convinced Bellamy will return, but im expecting an amicable agreement between both parties and his contract will be mutually terminated with Bellers have a golden handshake, but thats just my instinct.

With regards to the under 23 players i think we will get one or two Premiership loanees in they may not be under 23 though, but we will wait and see, and we only pay half their wages so hopefully not a big chunk will come out of the budget.

As for Bellamy i think the funds for his deal is not included in the £20 mil, i may be wrong but thats what ive heard. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm

We already have a player like that, his name is Peter Whittingham. I would rather us concentrate on strengthening the area of the team that constantly lets us down, our defence.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

We already have a player like that, his name is Peter Whittingham. I would rather us concentrate on strengthening the area of the team that constantly lets us down, our defence.

Strenghth in depth. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Scruffy wrote:
nobby wrote:

Don't think McLaren said he wanted £3.5 million tbh, as I believe the Echo printed we were after him, or Malky had made an enquiry and the Echo speculated that he would most likely cost around that figure!

With only one year left on his contract, I suspect that a serious offer of around half that figure, could seal his signature! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

could chuck whitts out left, with mcgugan in the middle and then conway on the other wing...

agree we also need another cb but any club would want a player like mcgugan given the opportunity ..

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:30 pm

could chuck whitts out left, with mcgugan in the middle and then conway on the other wing...

agree we also need another cb but any club would want a player like mcgugan given the opportunity ..

I agree with chucking Whitts out on the left as I think that's his best position and it's where he gets most of his goals from. I want our centre midfield to be Kiss and Gunnarsson after our first half performance tonight. We want to have a solid spine to the team and in Kiss and Gunnarsson, we have 2 athletes who are quality on the ball, but have the defensive capabilities to fight, scrap and not get outbattled.

McGugan is too much of a luxury player for my liking and I feel we would get overrun with him being in our centre midfield. I would probably use him in a 5 man midfield mind as long as he's played as the attacking midfielder with 2 defensive minded midfielders either side of him.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I agree with chucking Whitts out on the left as I think that's his best position and it's where he gets most of his goals from. I want our centre midfield to be Kiss and Gunnarsson after our first half performance tonight. We want to have a solid spine to the team and in Kiss and Gunnarsson, we have 2 athletes who are quality on the ball, but have the defensive capabilities to fight, scrap and not get outbattled.

McGugan is too much of a luxury player for my liking and I feel we would get overrun with him being in our centre midfield. I would probably use him in a 5 man midfield mind as long as he's played as the attacking midfielder with 2 defensive minded midfielders either side of him.

with gunnarsson and kiss in the middle , where do you see cowie fitting in? great engine for watford last season, top assists...

id feel he would be wasted out right...

would be great to see conway... just to see if he does have the pace and skill on the wing...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

with gunnarsson and kiss in the middle , where do you see cowie fitting in? great engine for watford last season, top assists...

id feel he would be wasted out right...

would be great to see conway... just to see if he does have the pace and skill on the wing...

Well apparantly Cowie was much better tonight and played for Watford quite a lot down the right also. I understand what you're saying mind, I would like a winger in the Routledge mould who can run at the full back and beat him. But with the squad we have at the moment, I think we should start our first game of the season with Kiss and Gunnarsson in the centre as we are up against Kevin Nolan and Scott Parker, although it wouldn't surprise me if Malkay went 4-5-1 to try and stop these two running riot.

I think Conway will be too short of fitness sadly, he only has the Parma game Saturday to get some game time and he's playing catch up with fitness. So my 4 midfielders (assuming we have a 4 man midfield against West Ham) at the moment would be Whittingham and Cowie down the flanks and Kiss and Gunnarsson in the centre. Hopefully, we will be bringing a few more players in yet mind. :)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:46 pm

def 4-5-1 against west ham i feel..

and i wouldnt blame him either.. containing parker & nolan is going to be difficult..

lets hope parker joins a prem team and likewise carlton cole agreeing terms with stoke...

whereabouts do you still see us strengthening ? do you feel possibly taiwo , wildig, evans etc getting loaned out?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:def 4-5-1 against west ham i feel..

and i wouldnt blame him either.. containing parker & nolan is going to be difficult..

lets hope parker joins a prem team and likewise carlton cole agreeing terms with stoke...

whereabouts do you still see us strengthening ? do you feel possibly taiwo , wildig, evans etc getting loaned out?

I totally agree with playing 4-5-1, this is where Gestede will come in useful I think being a strong, mobile striker, although Kenny Miller is more than capable of playing a lone striker also.

I see us signing another centre back and another winger, but to be fair to Malky he is being very thorough and says he's looking to improve every position, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree with Taiwo, Wildig, Evans etc getting loaned out to further develop. I also think Mason should be loaned back out to a League 1 club to play regular games and gain further experience, as we have Miller, Earnie, Gestede and Parkin ahead of him.

From what i've seen of Ibby Farah, I think we should involve him as much as possible, he has great potential and if he plays a few games for the reserves and impresses, I think he would be worth putting on the bench. But we can't rush players like Ibby, we must gently and gradually introduce him. The worst thing to do with a youngster is throw him in at the deep end when he's not ready and ruin the players confidence. Just look at how Dave Jones ruined Adam Matthews for instance.

I better go to bed now as I have work in the morning, but it's nice to have a decent debate with you and give our opinions. Nobody will agree with one another 100%, we all have different opinions, but it's good that everyones opinions are respected and I definitely see your side of things as you make some very good points. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

cheers tonteg...

good informative posts...

making great sense...

cant wait for the season to get up and running now!!