Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: McGugan And Chambers.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 pm

nobby wrote:
nobby wrote:Would be the final pieces of the jigsaw that Mackay has put together in my opinion.

Sign em up. :ayatollah:

Chambers has one year left on his contract and Mcgugan has 6 months, so a realistic bid of £2million should be enough to get the 2 of them hopefully. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Both have a year on their contracts and Forest turned down £4 million for McGugan. I reckon you need to be thinking £10 million.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm

Taliesin wrote:
nobby wrote:
nobby wrote:Would be the final pieces of the jigsaw that Mackay has put together in my opinion.

Chambers has one year left on his contract and Mcgugan has 6 months, so a realistic bid of £2million should be enough to get the 2 of them hopefully. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Both have a year on their contracts and Forest turned down £4 million for McGugan. I reckon you need to be thinking £10 million.

McGugan signed a three and half year deal which ends in 2011, Chambers has 12 months left, therefore, the bids for these two players will be lower due to theses statistics, your way off with £10 million.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 pm

McGugan's contract ends 30.06.12, same as Luke Chambers. Newcastle offered £1.5 million for McGugan which was laughed at, Blackburn offered £4 million which was turned down. Why would Forest sell both players for less than they can get for one of them?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Taliesin wrote:McGugan's contract ends 30.06.12, same as Luke Chambers. Newcastle offered £1.5 million for McGugan which was laughed at, Blackburn offered £4 million which was turned down. Why would Forest sell both players for less than they can get for one of them?

I may be wrong and if i am i apologise, but Chambers is up om 30.06.12 and im led to believe that Mcgugans is up 31.12.11.

Having said that even if they both have 1 year left which im not convinced they both have, unless im wrong of course then i see a bid of 2-2.5m being an acceptable amount for two players whose contracts are so low, Maclaren might budge soon imo.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm

nobby wrote:

sorry to piss on your chips but McGugan has two seasons on his contract left ( signed an extension a year or two ago, but wasnt very well publicised ) and Chambo does have 1 season left, but has been offered a 2 season extension ( which he could be signing tomorrow ), why would they want to take a step down anyway? ;)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 am

Forest Chris wrote:
nobby wrote:

sorry to piss on your chips but McGugan has two seasons on his contract left ( signed an extension a year or two ago, but wasnt very well publicised ) and Chambo does have 1 season left, but has been offered a 2 season extension ( which he could be signing tomorrow ), why would they want to take a step down anyway? ;)

How is it a step down?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 am

sorry to piss on your chips but McGugan has two seasons on his contract left ( signed an extension a year or two ago, but wasnt very well publicised ) and Chambo does have 1 season left, but has been offered a 2 season extension ( which he could be signing tomorrow ), why would they want to take a step down anyway? ;)[/quote]

How is it a step down?[/quote]

was thinking the same??

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:07 pm

do saftey winks count for nothing these days? :roll:

certainly isnt a step up though, plus hes happy in the midlands, why would he want to go to Wales?

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Chamb ... story.html

"I don't want to leave. I love being in Nottingham and I love playing for Nottingham Forest." :salute:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Perhaps he doesnt like scabs?

:roll: safety roll!!! :D

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Forest Chris wrote:do saftey winks count for nothing these days? :roll:

certainly isnt a step up though, plus hes happy in the midlands, why would he want to go to Wales?

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Chamb ... story.html

"I don't want to leave. I love being in Nottingham and I love playing for Nottingham Forest." :salute:

i remember bothroyd saying the same, and ledley, and chris burke... burkey said why would i want to leave i even have my own song!!

there are only a very rare few loyal players in the game... show the rest the money and the kissing the badge goes out the window..

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

i was going to post yesterday that,im amazed that nobody has come in for Forest keeper Lee Camp.

But just had a phone call from Annis Fav Jack - Baz who says Camp is going to the Jacks.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:i was going to post yesterday that,im amazed that nobody has come in for Forest keeper Lee Camp.

But just had a phone call from Annis Fav Jack - Baz who says Camp is going to the Jacks.

Quite appropriate as the Jacks who came to their capital enjoyed being camp. :lol: