Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ebay scammers

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 am

you know when you sell phones on ebay and the idiots say "i would like to by your phone for a friend, or offer you stupid amounts of money" etc

well i thought about emailing them back and saying "yes thats fine, send payment as a "gift" and once its in my account ill send it out"

surley im onto a win as if a payment is sent as a gift you win! they can't get it back and i wont be sending anything anyway :lol:

what do you reckon?

Re: Ebay scammers

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 am

and then send them a picture of you to nigeria thanking them for the money :D

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 am

They can still open a case with paypal to get money back,beware

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:56 am

they do my fooking head in, scabby bums who've got nothing better else to do than rob/scam people, would love to stick a bullet in all thier heads

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm

they wont pay you, ive had the same through gumtree, buying presents for family in nigeria, i played along with it and agreed etc. and they said they had paid but i hadn't received anything, then they were sending me fake emails from paypal saying the payment was pending a postal tracking number before it would clear, it all looked pretty legit, but luckily i wasn't stupid enough to fall for it, so i just told them its been posted and on its way!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Davidreesevans wrote:they wont pay you, ive had the same through gumtree, buying presents for family in nigeria, i played along with it and agreed etc. and they said they had paid but i hadn't received anything, then they were sending me fake emails from paypal saying the payment was pending a postal tracking number before it would clear, it all looked pretty legit, but luckily i wasn't stupid enough to fall for it, so i just told them its been posted and on its way!

:lol: