Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Views Of The Season Ahead

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 am

These are my views so far and may not agree with everyone:

The problem is that as squad players we should be beating lower league clubs what ever team we put out.
Yes, Friendlies mean nothing, but look at the bigger picture here.
What happens when we get first team injuries? - Have we got strength in depth in the squad - No (Quality signings required)
Our problem this year will be goals, because Cardiff have never ever had a good midfield and without a good midfield - who is going to supply our strikers? - Our strikers will be blamed this season for lack of goals, but lets bring in some quality midfielders to supply our strikers, or they will look ordinary on the pitch.
Im behind Malky all the way as we are building a side for the future Im led to believe.
Lets hope that our supporters can see this, but I very much doubt it.
After our playoff defeat, I spoke to one of the Malaysians who stated that our aim this season was to stay in the championship and run the club like a business (Great news). I think though we will do even better and we will finish between 7th and 12th. :shock:

Re: My Views Of The Season Ahead

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 pm

MalagaCF wrote:These are my views so far and may not agree with everyone:

The problem is that as squad players we should be beating lower league clubs what ever team we put out.
Yes, Friendlies mean nothing, but look at the bigger picture here.
What happens when we get first team injuries? - Have we got strength in depth in the squad - No (Quality signings required)
Our problem this year will be goals, because Cardiff have never ever had a good midfield and without a good midfield - who is going to supply our strikers? - Our strikers will be blamed this season for lack of goals, but lets bring in some quality midfielders to supply our strikers, or they will look ordinary on the pitch.
Im behind Malky all the way as we are building a side for the future Im led to believe.
Lets hope that our supporters can see this, but I very much doubt it.
After our playoff defeat, I spoke to one of the Malaysians who stated that our aim this season was to stay in the championship and run the club like a business (Great news). I think though we will do even better and we will finish between 7th and 12th. :shock:

MORE QUALITY MIDFIELDERS ARE NEEDED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: