Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andy King - worth a try?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 am

Now that leicester are trying to sign every fucker that's ever played football maybe we should put in a cheeky bid in for king? I wonder how much he'll feature for leicester this year especially if they get michael johnson aswell

Re: Andy King - worth a try?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:29 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Now that leicester are trying to sign every fucker that's ever played football maybe we should put in a cheeky bid in for king? I wonder how much he'll feature for leicester this year especially if they get michael johnson aswell

think he is key to their plans and first choice in mid..

would love andy king but think he is worth easily 4 mil... leicester player of the yr last season..

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 am

No chance!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 am

maybe i am being a bit optimistic but i think sven will have a real job on his hands keeping that squad happy this year

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

thehumblegringo wrote:maybe i am being a bit optimistic but i think sven will have a real job on his hands keeping that squad happy this year

if they get off to a flying start then think he will need the big squad to go the distance.. i expect to see them challenging this yr and feel that if they are performing well then the squad as a whole will be pretty happy.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 am

I think the £4m price tag someone above quoted is probably right. Nice idea about looking to Leicester due to their bloated ambitions but I think they will reject anything for their worthwhile players. Sol Bamba is one I'd like to see and maybe the arrival of Matt Mills would see Bamba out of favour and discontent by end of August?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi, foxes fan here!
You'd have no chance with getting King unless you put in a ludicrous offer. He may not play every game next year but that will suit him as he often has 2 or 3 games in a row where he struggles to influence it. With Johnson and Gelson Fernandes looking certain to sign and Andros Townsend on his way then midfield will be full of competition and I can see a couple out of Wellens, Yuki Abe, Oakley and Franck Moussa being allowed to move. As for Bamba he'll be first choice next year with Mills and we've already turned down 2.5 from Marseille.If you want a CB, Alexsander Tunchev could be available and would make a fantastic signing for any NPC team, but his injury history isn't too good.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 pm

TopsKingPower wrote:Hi, foxes fan here!
You'd have no chance with getting King unless you put in a ludicrous offer. He may not play every game next year but that will suit him as he often has 2 or 3 games in a row where he struggles to influence it. With Johnson and Gelson Fernandes looking certain to sign and Andros Townsend on his way then midfield will be full of competition and I can see a couple out of Wellens, Yuki Abe, Oakley and Franck Moussa being allowed to move. As for Bamba he'll be first choice next year with Mills and we've already turned down 2.5 from Marseille.If you want a CB, Alexsander Tunchev could be available and would make a fantastic signing for any NPC team, but his injury history isn't too good.

thanks for info foxes.... wasnt king one of your players of season last yr?? what sort of figure do you value him at realistically??

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:45 pm

hi mate,

i was taking a look at your team earlier actually, after all these signings that youve made

i assume that you're backline will be Schmeichel, Pantsil, Mills, St.Ledger/Bamba, Konchesky

i wasnt sure about your midfield, thought Richie Wellens would be in it because i actually really like him as a player, but since you say he wont be in your plans then i assume you might have a midfield 3 of Gelson, Johnson and King

with regards to your front 3, i was wondering who you think is going to be the central forward in a 3 with Nugent and maybe Gallagher either side??

I see you have Vassell, Waghorn and Howard but im not sure any of these 3 are going to be starters week in week out or are they??

or if not, you heard about any big name signings you might be bringing in up front just as the final piece you need to make you clear favourites in the league

strangely though, as it stands, im actually not sure your team will be as good as it seems at first considering all the signings youve made, and that it may have raised expectations at your club to a level that wont actually end up being matched this year

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:58 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

hi mate,

i was taking a look at your team earlier actually, after all these signings that youve made

i assume that you're backline will be Schmeichel, Pantsil, Mills, St.Ledger/Bamba, Konchesky

i wasnt sure about your midfield, thought Richie Wellens would be in it because i actually really like him as a player, but since you say he wont be in your plans then i assume you might have a midfield 3 of Gelson, Johnson and King

with regards to your front 3, i was wondering who you think is going to be the central forward in a 3 with Nugent and maybe Gallagher either side??

I see you have Vassell, Waghorn and Howard but im not sure any of these 3 are going to be starters week in week out or are they??

or if not, you heard about any big name signings you might be bringing in up front just as the final piece you need to make you clear favourites in the league

strangely though, as it stands, im actually not sure your team will be as good as it seems at first considering all the signings youve made, and that it may have raised expectations at your club to a level that wont actually end up being matched this year

Some of the things you say make sense.
As for who will play in what formation, we really don't know. As I said we expect the midfield to rotate alot to keep them all fresh but the formation could change to accommodate them all. As for the striker situation, we are supposedly puuting in 4million + Waghorn as a last offer for Maynard. Heskey has too high wage demand and the same goes for Yakubu. There was some talk about this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teteh_Bangura but Sven says he isnt looking abroad at the moment. It also looks like we will sign Andros Townsend so he might not be wanting a striker and just sticking with Nugent and Waghorn as back up. Might even see Kermogant again this year :lol: ;)
As it looks my starting 11 would be
Schmeichel
Pantsil Mills Bamba Konchesky
Fernandes Yuki/Wellens
King Johnson
Nugent/Townsend Maynard(if signs
or:
Schmeichel
Johnson Fernandes King
Gallagher/Nugent Maynard Townsend

We really don't know, we're gonna have a few unhappy players like Vassell and Wellens and Peltier because they don't want to be on the bench. Maybe we'll have a different team each week. Problems with having money to burn.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

TopsKingPower wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

hi mate,

As for who will play in what formation, we really don't know. As I said we expect the midfield to rotate alot to keep them all fresh but the formation could change to accommodate them all. As for the striker situation, we are supposedly puuting in 4million + Waghorn as a last offer for Maynard. Heskey has too high wage demand and the same goes for Yakubu. There was some talk about this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teteh_Bangura but Sven says he isnt looking abroad at the moment. It also looks like we will sign Andros Townsend so he might not be wanting a striker and just sticking with Nugent and Waghorn as back up. Might even see Kermogant again this year :lol: ;)
Schmeichel
Fernandes Yuki/Wellens
King Johnson
or:
Schmeichel
Johnson Fernandes King

We really don't know, we're gonna have a few unhappy players like Vassell and Wellens and Peltier because they don't want to be on the bench. Maybe we'll have a different team each week. Problems with having money to burn.

i think Maynard would be an EXCELLENT signing for you if you could get him, ive got him as captain in my Championship fantasy football team cos i know he will be banging in the goals for whoever he's at next year :)

im not a fan of Townsend from what ive seen of him, at all, but thats just personal opinion
im not too sure about Yuki either from what ive seen of him on tv, but i could be wrong :ayatollah:

and dont even get me started on Keromogant, he's a legend ;) for the wrong reasons for you, but still :ayatollah:

sticking with that play off semi final match, what i saw of Waghorn that evening, i really liked :ayatollah: he clearly cared so much after his penalty miss and thats always a good place to start, commitment, but he seems like a strong, talented player too, maybe he should be trusted more by Sven as your first choice and given the chance, may bang the goals in for you :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 am

Schmeichel
Fernandes Yuki/Wellens
King Johnson
or:
Schmeichel
Johnson Fernandes King

We really don't know, we're gonna have a few unhappy players like Vassell and Wellens and Peltier because they don't want to be on the bench. Maybe we'll have a different team each week. Problems with having money to burn.[/quote]
i think Maynard would be an EXCELLENT signing for you if you could get him, ive got him as captain in my Championship fantasy football team cos i know he will be banging in the goals for whoever he's at next year :)

im not a fan of Townsend from what ive seen of him, at all, but thats just personal opinion
im not too sure about Yuki either from what ive seen of him on tv, but i could be wrong :ayatollah:

and dont even get me started on Keromogant, he's a legend ;) for the wrong reasons for you, but still :ayatollah:

sticking with that play off semi final match, what i saw of Waghorn that evening, i really liked :ayatollah: he clearly cared so much after his penalty miss and thats always a good place to start, commitment, but he seems like a strong, talented player too, maybe he should be trusted more by Sven as your first choice and given the chance, may bang the goals in for you :ayatollah:[/quote]

I agree with you on maynard. Would happily pay 6million and waghorn on loan for him because his goals will get us up.
Townsend is the player we are looking for so it could be good.
You couldnt be more wrong on Yuki. Most underrated player to play for us for a long time. Puts his heart and sould into it, great passer, good tackler but he just needs to shoot more. Remember when we played derby when they were 4th. Imo he won us that game because he marked commons so well he couldnt get a touch of the ball. Our bad run coincided with him being dropped and Oakley playing.
As for Kermogant it wasnt just the penalty. He gave away the throw in which led to him giving away the free kick which you scored from in the first leg. Then in the 2nd leg extra time we had a free kick 35 yards out and he smashes it miles over. Complete muppet.
Waghorn will never score goals imo. He's like Rooney but has the goalscoring touch of Heskey. Id like to keep him to send him out on loan to develop him but if he gets us Maynard then Ill happily see him go. He has been played on the wing too much but his set pieces and shots go so far over he shouldnt be allowed up top. The charlton fans dont rate him either, probably a player that likes daddy pearson with him, just like jack hobbs.