Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

blackpool favourites for goodwillie/title

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 am

looks like blackpool are keen to make a swift return to the premiership, they are favourites to sign goodie according to reports up here.

I can sense a bidding war, tell yer billionaire owners to get their bidding hats on!! ;)

Re: blackpool favourites for goodwillie/title

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 am

Leicester favourites for the title by some distance.

I don't think we'll be chasing Goodwillie (lol). We have two target men, three strikers plus maybe Fagan and maybe Bellamy.

I think that we are expecting/asking a lot from Gestede and/or Parkin.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 am

Don't expect us to drive the price up. As soon as his assault case was put back to mid August we went with Kenny Miller and any bid that may have happened was withdrawn.

I assume if Cardiff did bid the required amount the Dundee chairman will be touting Goodwillie around to AT LEAST match our bid or let him go for less.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 am

we wont be making any bids now, good luck selling him, it just wont be to us

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:36 pm

dissapointed as would have been good to have him at same club as conway.

hopefully he goes to premiership now.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:40 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:dissapointed as would have been good to have him at same club as conway.

hopefully he goes to premiership now.

wherever he goes, he will be a success if he keeps it straight off the pitch. I hope he does go to the prem and not to championship rivals as he could end up knocking a few past us!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 pm

We will regret this one !!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Blackburn have had a bid of £1.8m turned down so I guess they will offer another £200k and he will be on his way

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm

This is going to come back and haunt us big style, thats all I have to say :(

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:19 pm

What? him being in the premiership

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:20 pm

I trust Malky and I back him 100% but I'm sorry to say, how can any manager not sign a young talanted player and yet keep a player like Parkin, I'm sorry but it just dont add up :evil:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Igovernor wrote:What? him being in the premiership

No I didnt say that fella, what I said was, it is going to come back and haunt us, not because who he might go too, although he still might go to Blackpool but because of what we WILL miss, thats only my opinion of course. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:I trust Malky and I back him 100% but I'm sorry to say, how can any manager not sign a young talanted player and yet keep a player like Parkin, I'm sorry but it just dont add up :evil:

Malaysians refused to finalise a payment until the court case was resolved and Miller was brought in as a replacement for the Goodwillie deal.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 pm

LeBlue wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:I trust Malky and I back him 100% but I'm sorry to say, how can any manager not sign a young talanted player and yet keep a player like Parkin, I'm sorry but it just dont add up :evil:

Malaysians refused to finalise a payment until the court case was resolved and Miller was brought in as a replacement for the Goodwillie deal.

Who exactly said that Miller is a replacement for Goodwillie??? I havent read that anywhere or been told that, you are just sumising. They are not even the same type of player, Goodwillie should be a replacement for Parkin IMO but then I say again that I back Malky with whatever he does but it doesnt stop me from having an opinion whether its right or wrong.