Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Advice regarding a drug dealer

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 am

I'm after some serious, well thought out advice here gents... about a year ago a less than desirable family moved in across the road from me, and although they were a nuisance, it was nothing we couldn't handle by just shutting the windows.... However... over the past few months his dealings... and yes, that does mean 'dealings' in the literal sense have become blatantly obvious to the point that people are parking outside my house day and night whilst they call in to see him, and partaking of the products they have bought in their cars outside my house before they leave, in full view of my girls who are now mentioning it...

So what I'd like to know from you guys is, would you do anything about it?.... I've been torn of late between phoning the police to make them aware of this scumbag, or do nothing and keep my mouth shut for fear of repercussions as no doubt there are bigger fish involved in the food chain above this moron....

Please guys, what would you do?

Re: O/T Advice regarding a drug dealer

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 am

If it were affecting my kids like it was yours then phone the police mate, I am no grass but he obv doesnt give a f**k about anybody in the street

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 am

Call the police. Even if they just have a more visible presence, that's got to be some help, hasn't it?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:54 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Call the police. Even if they just have a more visible presence, that's got to be some help, hasn't it?

agree with this... it could be any of your neighbours that called... but alerting them to the situation is the best thing you could do when it starts to involve your girls etc...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:54 am

call the police, they'll problem let jim off with a slap on the wrist and 10 ounches of weed, be at the football in a crowd and get sent down for 8 months

but yeah call the police mate, thats if you get a responce,

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:55 am

had same problem mate phone police mention closure orders to them its a new thing they can use it to get rid of the scum.it was designed for such cases

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:56 am

I've had experience with this. I had a friend who lived on a corner of a street in Ely. Local crack dealers peddaling their shit right on the corner. Mt friend tried reasoning with them to no avail, then threatened them with the Police but these animals today aren't bothered by the authorities. I quickly learned that day nothing says "stop pushing drugs by my house" like a baseball bat to the head.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 pm

tell the old bill you've seen him brandishing a gun.. they will be all over him in no time

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Had the same problem too, i live in a cul-de-sac, when these freaks moved in, there was all sorts going on.
I phoned the police several times but no-one came, my last call.."i said if you don't do something about it, then i will"

I was then contacted at 'work' in person and told to stay well clear, or be arrested for intervening in a police investigation.
OK im warned off.

4 months later, 10 people (local) got a total of 35 yrs nick for dealing, trafficking ect,...

My point is now (with hindsight) if i went blazing in, (not kowing the bigger picture) those RATS may still be on the streets.
But there again, why could'nt the police just say, "its in hand, go about your daily life ect".

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:27 pm

If you do call the police mate,call them from a call box even if you withold your number the police can still see it,good luck :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Sympathise Chief but you also need to protect your Daughters. I don't know how old they are but they will reach the stage when they are impressionable, so to speak curious, rebellious, so you need to do everything you can to rid that menace away from your street.
My advice keep a diary of the goings on perhaps registration numbers, times, And then when you have a good dossier, hand it in to the Police.
Hope things go well for you Chief, drug dealers are the lowest of the low

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:15 pm

You could ring crimestoppers on 0800555111 anonymously giving as much information as possible such as the address,his name and when vehicles are coming to the address. Crimestoppers will then forward the details to the local police.depending on the information you give it will be dealt with accordingly.the more people who ring up the better.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Barbecue at your house after the first home game, get a load of cheap booze from Tesco´s a few packs of meat and a bit of salad invite the boys back after the game, while they are thanking you for your wonderful barbie, quietly drop the hint that you would like to do this more often but your life is being made hell by the druggie neighbors from hell. The lads respond by going over them and making their life hell for ½ an hour and politely tell them that anymore nonsense and they will be back after the next home game!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe ask the Valley Commandos MC over, some very frightening guys in the crew)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Do you know what he's dealing? Obviously this isn't for definate, but it's probably the worse the drug, the worse the person dealing it is. If he's just dealing a bit of ganja, it might just be some kid or something just making a bit of money for himself (i'm not trying to justify this in anyway). However if he is dealing something like heroin or some other horrible, hard drug like that, then this person obviously has NO conscience whatsoever and you might want to be careful.

If it is starting to affect your daughters, action has to be taken. It must be a scary situation that these scumbags have put you into, I really do feel for you. Especially if they aren't subtle about it, then it seems to me like they might not give a f**k?

Do NOT let them know that you even know they're dealing, let alone have a problem with it - purely for fear of retribution. Keep playing dumb, and ring the police anonymously. These people then will have no idea it is you.

Do you have any reason to believe that they are particularly 'rough' in that they are violent, or loud or bring any other trouble to your street?

My step dad is a police officer, i'll ask his advice on the best course of action to take if you like.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Usually I hate snitches, but in this situation I couldn't blame you.

Good luck with whatever you decide :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

At 3am/dead of night, paint on his house in massive letters... POLICE GRASS

It will keep a few of his punters away. :D :D :D :D

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm

I know a Chief superintendent if you want me to make an enquiry on what you can do just give me the nod Chief

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:17 pm

If you phone the police nothing would be done about it. The police like to target easy people such as motorists i would get a baseball bat and smash it over their heads havent got any time for drug dealers or uses.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 pm

hooligan858 wrote:Do you know what he's dealing? Obviously this isn't for definate, but it's probably the worse the drug, the worse the person dealing it is. If he's just dealing a bit of ganja, it might just be some kid or something just making a bit of money for himself (i'm not trying to justify this in anyway). However if he is dealing something like heroin or some other horrible, hard drug like that, then this person obviously has NO conscience whatsoever and you might want to be careful.

If it is starting to affect your daughters, action has to be taken. It must be a scary situation that these scumbags have put you into, I really do feel for you. Especially if they aren't subtle about it, then it seems to me like they might not give a f**k?

Do NOT let them know that you even know they're dealing, let alone have a problem with it - purely for fear of retribution. Keep playing dumb, and ring the police anonymously. These people then will have no idea it is you.

Do you have any reason to believe that they are particularly 'rough' in that they are violent, or loud or bring any other trouble to your street?

My step dad is a police officer, i'll ask his advice on the best course of action to take if you like.

Unfortunately it is the much harder stuff, as his clients are sticking it up their noses outside my house.... I can't get over how brazen they all are about it... as for the offers of some advice from the police, that would be very much appreciated guys as I'm looking to get as many opinions as possible before I do anything about this... Unfortunately the house is privately rented though so contacting a housing association is pointless, and he's renting it from a friend who probably knows exactly what he's doing...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Are you going to tell us what area you live in?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:33 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:Are you going to tell us what area you live in?

Why? are you his Mr Big looking to come around and break my legs to warn me off? :o

Maesteg...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

Why? are you his Mr Big looking to come around and break my legs to warn me off? :o

Eek, never thought of that, no just interested as to where it was.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

I feel for you mate.

Iv got 'Drug Users' in my street who are equaly as bad. They stink the place out with their weed it is absolutely buzzing.

The kids are locked in the garden liked caged animals.

Very Sad.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

Maesteg...

I will quite happily rid your street of them for a fee :D

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Hear what you are saying mate. More than anything I can't believe how these stupid focks can be so blatant, naive and ignorant.
Which suggests to me he is probably a 'user' rather than someone taking his 'business' seriously. Or maybe he is really just a dumb fock.

Personally I would tell him first that he was causing a nuisance and tell him that what he was doing was on top and obvious for all to see. If it's concerning you then it is probably concerning everyone else in your street and only a matter of time before he gets shopped. I'd like to think they might take heed to the advice. But......I haven't got kids, and if you just want to shop them then yes call the cops anonymously. Keeping a log of events is a good idea to give them some kind of info to back up your concerns. And, like someone else said, if all else fails I bet if you said you thought you'd heard someone threatening to bring out a gun etc that they would knock his door down sharpish!

Best of luck

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm

just phone the police.

but write what times they come and go down and give info on whats cars stop outside the house i.e number plate. police could then do the undercover cop job etc

good luck tho mate

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

as his clients are sticking it up their noses outside my house.... I can't get over how brazen they all are about it

I'll put you at ease as much as I can here. Whoever this guy is I would imagine his supplier will not be happy with this. This supplier is most likely working on someone else to replace this idiot across the road. These guys, although scum, are not stupid and want discretion. This idiot across the road sounds like he is breaking the golden rule here.

My village here in Derby had a pusher. He was in the same school class as my ex-wife, he left school with nothing but soon was driving around in a smart car. The long time locals in the village knew what he was up to, as expected, but most of us did not. If it was not for my ex telling me this guy could have lived next to me and I would not have picked it up.

Anyway, he was the pusher for quite a while, a number of years, and I wondered when the poilice were going to act. Our local copper, also a classmate of my ex (crazy hey), knew the score and told us they just could not get the evidence. Difficult to believe but that is what he told us. Personally I felt the local cops were to scared of him, they most likely knew the supplier and his connections like. That was just my feeling on the subject at the time and it did feel like this guy was going to be around for a long time but then he went on and broke a golden rule.

One night in one of my local pubs he got cocky. One of his "client" came along to pick up some stuff. He wanted to show off and said to his client "we will do the business in the ladies toilet". There was a girl in the toilet at the time applying her lipstick and when she saw those 2 she screamed. Moments later she walked out into the loung covered in blood and a serious black eye. Her boyfriend wanted to go into the ladies and exact revenge. He was held back by his mates and rightly so. No need ot get yourself in trouble when it can be avoided.

It was reported a few days later this pusher was very badly beaten up by some of the top lads in the village. The guy has never been seen since and our local coppers informed us all via the grapevine like that the supply gang were not going to take out any revenge because he had broken the golden rule of discretion and they were glad to see him gone themselves.

Thats my story and my advice to you is to definately get the police involved. I think they will see this as an easy case to be honest and the guy will be gone before you know it. Good idea to take reg numbers as well, that will keep the likes of those away from your street for the future.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:59 pm

SBF1 wrote:At 3am/dead of night, paint on his house in massive letters... POLICE GRASS

It will keep a few of his punters away. :D :D :D :D

:lol:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks guys... Think I'll do exactly what most have suggested and start recording registration numbers, times and dates, and it shouldn't be too hard or obvious that I'm doing it as they pull up right outside my window where I am sat most days studying, so they should think nothing of seeing me there on a regular basis... Then, once I have enough, will take it to the police.... I can't, in all good conscience, let this go on much longer, as I have to ask myself how long will it be before he starts dealing to the local kids, kids who could well be friends of my own girls...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Get a couple of your mates and go shit em up !