Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SATURDAYS STARTING XI

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:27 pm

do you think this will be our starting XI for sat..

marshall, mcnuggett, hudson, keinan, taylor, cowie, gunnarsson , kiss, whitts , miller, earnie....

thoughts?

Re: SATURDAYS STARTING XI

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:31 pm

think your pretty much spot on mate :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Marshall
Kev Hudson Gerrard Taylor
Cowie Gunnarsson Kiss Whitts
Miller Earnie

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:Marshall
Miller Earnie

similar to your but i think conway will be back and i dont think earny and miller will work so i will go for
Marshall
Conway Gunnarsson Cowie Whitts
Miller Gestade

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
Bluebird1993 wrote:Marshall
Miller Earnie

similar to your but i think conway will be back and i dont think earny and miller will work so i will go for
Marshall
Conway Gunnarsson Cowie Whitts
Miller Gestade

Yeah if Conway is fit I'd start him, forgot about Fagan aswell he's most probably going to start because he's on trial

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:59 pm

............................................Marshall...........................................

.......McNaughton..........Gerrard.................Keinon.............Taylor...........

...........................Gunnarson.....................Kiss...............................

.....Cowie.............................Whittingham..........................Conway.....

........................................Miller/Gestede.......................................

That is in my opinion our best starting XI.
5 across the middle with Gunnarson and Kiss being box to box players, when 1 goes forward the other drops back in a holding position infront of the back 4.
This will allow Whitts some freedom and free role to support the attack.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Northamptonblues wrote:............................................Marshall...........................................

.......McNaughton..........Gerrard.................Keinon.............Taylor...........

...........................Gunnarson.....................Kiss...............................

.....Cowie.............................Whittingham..........................Conway.....

........................................Miller/Gestede.......................................

That is in my opinion our best starting XI.
5 across the middle with Gunnarson and Kiss being box to box players, when 1 goes forward the other drops back in a holding position infront of the back 4.
This will allow Whitts some freedom and free role to support the attack.

Whitts is goin to be a massive player for us this season

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Whitts I imagine will be more central this year but better deployed that when DJ put him there.

Marshall
McNaughton Hudson Gerrard Taylor
Cowie Gunnarson Whitts Conway/Fagan
Gestede Miller

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm

heaton, mcnoughton ,hudson ,gerard ,taylor, whits ,kiss ,gunarson, conway ,miller ,earnshaw ,this will be starting 11 on saturday and for west ham away only 5 subs this year so mine would be marshall,blake ,cowie mason gestedes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: unless we sign more befor west ham :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:30 pm

This is the point. I was in the pub before the game last night and a Yeovil fan asked me what our first XI would be.
I said.... Super Kev right back, and then...... I dunno. Plenty of options but not a lot of names that are automatically on the team sheet.

For me though - Marshall, Kev, Keenan, Hudson, Taylor, Conway, Kiss, Gunnarson, Whitts, Earnie, Miller. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:heaton, mcnoughton ,hudson ,gerard ,taylor, whits ,kiss ,gunarson, conway ,miller ,earnshaw ,this will be starting 11 on saturday and for west ham away only 5 subs this year so mine would be marshall,blake ,cowie mason gestedes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: unless we sign more befor west ham :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not sure he'll play 2 small guys upfront.
Not sure if they are too similar or will they compliment each other!?! :lol:
Also Keinon instead of Blake.
Darcy and McPhail need to go out on loan...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 pm

the team i picked is what i think we will go with on sat, not necessarily our best XI.

gerrard will def be missing, and i think if conway is fit he will start on the bench as he hasnt featured yet...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Northamptonblues wrote:Darcy and McPhail need to go out on loan...

Noooo!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:do you think this will be our starting XI for sat..

marshall, mcnuggett, hudson, keinan, taylor, cowie, gunnarsson , kiss, whitts , miller, earnie....

thoughts?

spot on i'd say, though im not sure i'll ever be able to trust Keinan at centre back again personally, after the playoff semi final incident where he pulled Mills down

saying that, i dont have any more trust in Gerrard, ability wise, than Keinan

i strongly, strongly, strongly believe that we NEED another centre half, and i mean a real QUALITY one, not Gerrard, Keinan, Gyepes, Blake or any other player who could fill in for us there at the moment