Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

help needed please

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 pm

hi guys i got a ford fiesta mot and tax due sunday. someone had a look at it today going to cost 0ver 400 to pass mot so thats a no go. scrap places only offering me 100 for it. anyone know any way i can get more for it.

Re: help needed please

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 pm

In my experience if a scrappy is offering ANY money for a banger you should bite their hand off.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm

strip it and sell the parts on ebay. most scrappies inthe bridgend area eg. bayliss recovery usually pay £140.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Mind you, when I was driving bangers scrap metal wasn't worth what it is now....

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Put it on ebay spairs or repair,put a reserve on it whatever sort of money you think you want for it,goodluck :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:18 pm

bluebird1988 wrote:hi guys i got a ford fiesta mot and tax due sunday. someone had a look at it today going to cost 0ver 400 to pass mot so thats a no go. scrap places only offering me 100 for it. anyone know any way i can get more for it.

What does it need to pass the MOT are you sure you're not being ripped off?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 pm

01443casual wrote:
bluebird1988 wrote:hi guys i got a ford fiesta mot and tax due sunday. someone had a look at it today going to cost 0ver 400 to pass mot so thats a no go. scrap places only offering me 100 for it. anyone know any way i can get more for it.

What does it need to pass the MOT are you sure you're not being ripped off?

well as it's on bricks, £200 quid of that ios for tyres :lol: :lol: :lol: