Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mmmm still waiting for that decent centre half!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm

...and I can't believe MM hasn't got rid of a few by now - are our overpaid prima donnas from last year on lenghty contracts?

Re: mmmm still waiting for that decent centre half!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:07 pm

arri potta wrote:...and I can't believe MM hasn't got rid of a few by now - are our overpaid prima donnas from last year on lenghty contracts?

like who?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:10 pm

glammy74 wrote:
arri potta wrote:...and I can't believe MM hasn't got rid of a few by now - are our overpaid prima donnas from last year on lenghty contracts?

like who?

like who to come in or like who to leave?

or like who as in overpaid - which is all of them!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:12 pm

arri potta wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

like who?

like who to come in or like who to leave?

or like who as in overpaid - which is all of them!

well i know Hudson is our highly paid player, if miller has overtook that now in not sure
but we cant sell hudson as he's captain mark ;)

As i said in a previous post, i would sell Macca, parkin, gyepes and tawio to use that to invest in bringing in a centre back, 2 wingers and a striker :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:17 pm

well i know Hudson is our highly paid player, if miller has overtook that now in not sure
but we cant sell hudson as he's captain mark ;)

As i said in a previous post, i would sell Macca, parkin, gyepes and tawio to use that to invest in bringing in a centre back, 2 wingers and a striker :ayatollah:[/quote]

or like who as in overpaid - which is all of them![/quote]
and Hudson, no ifs or buts, he's plainly not good enough. Ok all players have a little run of games where they look good but he's supposed to be a captain and he can't head a ball, too slow and we should have known what he was like when Charlton went down and he was ever present.

Not good enough compared to all the centre halves we see at CCS in other sides.

Oh and Naylor - time to move on.

I couild name a few more but I'll get slaughtered for the above so let the bullet dodging commence! :lol:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Think we need a good CB and a commanding keeper, both our keepers are dodgy. Hudson had a few good games last season but overall he aint up to it,none of our centre backs have any pace and SUPER KEV is a full back and should stay there and not be pissed around like last season.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm suprised at the abuse hudson gets. He's a great player and showed that last season. He was one of our consitent players over the season before his injury. It cant be easy playing with a new cb partner every week last year. It was either gypes , kienan , blake , mcnaughton. We never had a settled back 4 and that's besides the point of 3 different keepers played behind him. Give the guy a break and get behind our club captain. Hopefully him and gerrard will settle down together this year now and form a formidable partner ship!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:52 pm

I really think that we need a pacey centre half in the heart of defence, the last one we had was Danny Gabbidon. Personally, I would love us to sign Curtis Davies permanently but if he costs too much I would love to have him on loan for the season, he would be quality for us.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Gerrard or Keinan are, in my opinion, NOWHERE NEAR good enough to get us promoted

that's just my honest opinion, and one i feel really strongly about

unfortunately im short on suggestions for better alternatives (that are affordable) at the moment,

id love to see Loovens back (which i highly doubt) or Chambers (too expensive though) or Gabbidon (before he went to QPR)

but hopefully, with Malky being an ex centre half, he will be able to judge for himself whether im wrong about Gerrard and Keinan, or if right, where/who these better alternatives are :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:42 am

Jonnylew wrote:I'm suprised at the abuse hudson gets. He's a great player and showed that last season. He was one of our consitent players over the season before his injury. It cant be easy playing with a new cb partner every week last year. It was either gypes , kienan , blake , mcnaughton. We never had a settled back 4 and that's besides the point of 3 different keepers played behind him. Give the guy a break and get behind our club captain. Hopefully him and gerrard will settle down together this year now and form a formidable partner ship!

If Hudson's a "great" player what was Rog, Loovens and Gabbidon. Personally i'd put Hudson just above Darren Purse in the rankings. What possessed DJ to pay so much for him i'll never know.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:id love to see Loovens back (which i highly doubt) or Chambers (too expensive though) or Gabbidon (before he went to QPR)

Are you serious about Gabbidon? Have you noticed his injury problems over the past few years? And I don't think Loovens is any better than Hudson, who gets far too much criticism in my opinion. OK, he started off dodgy, but I think he's grown into the position and is a regular and our captain now on merit. I do agree that we have to ship one or two out, but not Hudson

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 pm

geggs_ccfc wrote:I really think that we need a pacey centre half in the heart of defence, the last one we had was Danny Gabbidon. Personally, I would love us to sign Curtis Davies permanently but if he costs too much I would love to have him on loan for the season, he would be quality for us.

I completly agree with this, I think he could be available for half of what Forest quoted for Chambers and Davies would be quality in the Championship!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 pm

i think we got a gd defence as it is

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 pm

mutt10 wrote:i think we got a gd defence as it is

i dont think so :/

im still not convinced on gerrard and that leaves keinan and gypes to go with hudson, nobody can honestly say there comfortable with that !!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Curtis Davies? Matt Killgallon?