Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could the Aguero deal free Bellamy?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Some people think Manchester City's pending capture of Sergio Aguero will allow multiple strikers to leave Eastlands, including Craig Bellamy.

I would love to think this to be true, but even if Malky and co. can successfully complete a deal with Man City there's surely going to be a few concerns regarding Craig's current £80,000-a-week wage demands.

He's previously said: “I have my own academy where I have to take care of 13 children, day in, day out. My wages are more important to them, than they are for me.”

Let's just hope, I suppose. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Could the Aguero deal free Bellamy?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Wouldn't have thought it would have an impact really as he was surplus to requirements before Aguero signed. It's a standoff at the moment between Bellamy and Man City. He won't be in the 25 man squad but won't be pushed out for less than he is earning now. We just need to hope Man City do what they did last year and let him go for a contribution from us to his wages not the whole lot.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 pm

to be fair man city have got some cash.

do feel sorry for bellamy tho must be driving him nuts

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:51 pm

maccydee wrote:Wouldn't have thought it would have an impact really as he was surplus to requirements before Aguero signed. It's a standoff at the moment between Bellamy and Man City. He won't be in the 25 man squad but won't be pushed out for less than he is earning now. We just need to hope Man City do what they did last year and let him go for a contribution from us to his wages not the whole lot.

Hasn't he stated he won't go out on loan again though?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Jollffe wrote:
maccydee wrote:Wouldn't have thought it would have an impact really as he was surplus to requirements before Aguero signed. It's a standoff at the moment between Bellamy and Man City. He won't be in the 25 man squad but won't be pushed out for less than he is earning now. We just need to hope Man City do what they did last year and let him go for a contribution from us to his wages not the whole lot.

Hasn't he stated he won't go out on loan again though?

I bet he would to us. Last year of contract and then sign for us next July.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Bellers will try and tell Mancini that he fells that he is good enough to be in the 25 man squad ;)

Mancini will tell Bellers that he is not in his plans,with another 2-3 players coming in to Man City :(

Bellers will then make it known to Mancini that he does not want to go on loan to another premier league team ;)
No other premier league club will pay £4M + £90K A WEEK For him (apart from sunderland who have money)
This can be a non runner on personal terms as its to far away from his family :ayatollah:

So Man City - do you want to keep Bellers in your academy team for a year,or come to some agreement with Cardiff City ;)
The ball is in your court Bobby Manc - DO THE RIGHT THING - Send Bellers back home with add ons if we go up :ayatollah: