Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wedding Help

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 am

I'm getting married a week Saturday, really really really having trouble with the speech, any ideas would be welcome. thank you :ayatollah:

Re: Wedding Help

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:36 am

Its the easiest speech, just thank every1 I'm getting married in 3 weeks. Where u going on honeymoon? Just focus on that m8.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:01 am

Don't worry too much bout it, it's just a list of thank yous and remember to say how lovely the bride is, I'm gettin married tomoz!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:04 am

are you having it filmed? ben services is here for your filming needs :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 am

Im getting married on SAT, my plan is to drink as much as possible before speech, so the mrs deems me incapable and does it for me!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 am

I got married 2 weeks ago,
My speech consisted of thanking the brides parents then my mum a friend of the family who helped, then the ushers/bridesmaids, really worried about what to say about my wife without looking silly, so i found a quote from a book and read that, then i passed over to the best man but had a little dig about him being a compulsive liar and that you cant believe a word he says.

I then forgot to take the speech with me and had to remember it all! Luckily i had the quote from the book on my iphone

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:51 am

go on hitched.co.uk...theres loads on there that people have put on and it,ll give u ideas

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

just google wedding speeches, plenty to choose from and just take bits from the best

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Im getting married on SAT, my plan is to drink as much as possible before speech, so the mrs deems me incapable and does it for me!

Just say it as it is! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Unaccustomed as I am. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 pm

I'd start with "Firstly, I'd like to thank the Met, the SAG and West Ham for moving Cardiffs opening game to tomorrow, without them, there would be no wedding"