Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bellamy saga update again

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:42 am

Once again i have contacted a family member and nothing has changed since monday. Craig is due to meet representatives today but NOTHING has been decided yet. The reason for the optimism from the other board is the hardly suprising fact that mancini has told the representatives that craig will meet, that craig will not be in his 25 man squad and that he would prefer it if craig was prevented from lining up against man city next season. Put 2 and 2 together means that as mancini wants him out and not in premier league and the fact that craig wouldnt want a trip abroad for family reasons leaves it highly likely that as it has always been he will return to us. I truly believe this is why the club have restrained in paying any great transfer fees upto now in order for us to finance a craig return if possible. Myself and the family member believe things could move quickly over the next week depending on how talks go today. Man city aint daft but could we entice them with a similar deal to last yr and a transfer fee should we get promoted? heres hoping anyway :ayatollah:

Re: bellamy saga update again

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:47 am

Celtic can offer him up to around £50K in wages I reckon plus the playing / training deal that Lennon has offered him would make them them obvious favs to sign him ............. so are we looking at a pss loan then or a free transfer scenario with his contract being paid up by Man C ?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:47 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 am

I still don't think the Celtic deal is that viable for Craig. All the travel seems a bit too much when if he pushes the issue it's very likely Man City will just agree to let him come to us. I'm entering this season accepting Craig won't be with us so I'm not disappointed. If he does join then obviously that's awesome.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 am

Very interesting...i've always thought he'd come back - when Man City have that much money, Craig has 'that' personality & talent, for me theres only one route for him thats to us :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 am

Celtic will not pay £50k a week!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 am

i cant see celtic paying 50k and i dont think it would suit us if he went there and trained with us as reported

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 am

i agree i dont think it will suit the team and malky him training with us and playing elsewhere i think it would disrupt team spirit possibly and i think malky will think this too maybe so hopefully bellers will be with us full time :ayatollah: