Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Information v Responsibility

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 am

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what I'm talking about here but I think there are a few people "in the know" that maybe need to reflect on a few things. It's all well and good keeping people up to date but I think a certain incident has gone abit too far. From what I am hearing, there is an investigation into breach of data protection rules which is why possibley any thread referring to what was said seems to be deleted. Now I'm confident that this thread will go the same way as the others but before it does, I just hope that some of the main people on this board realise that with the information you are passed comes responsibility to use it correctly. Some things DON'T need to be said.

I appreciate the "updates" etc as much as the next person but I think it's fair to say that what was mentioned yesterday wasn't a normal update. The fact that you now have people from Yorkshire clubs Tweeting support goes to show exactly how quickly this can spread. Hopefully lessons will be learnt from this but what I will say is, was Dave Jones that wrong about our messageboards??

Re: Information v Responsibility

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:08 am

Im sure it was posted for all the good reasons but unaware that the Family hadnt said anything public ...... it was done for support for the Family and NOT for personal and exclusive bragging rites I think in this case ?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 am

So all the threads that was on it, you have to go and make another 1 to remind people ?
I think the person/people who let it out know now that maybe they shouldnt have. I think we shall all respect the players wishes to keep it to himself untill he actually comes out and confirms it. As far as we all know, this could still be a sick rumour

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:15 am

Double G wrote:So all the threads that was on it, you have to go and make another 1 to remind people ?
I think the person/people who let it out know now that maybe they shouldnt have. I think we shall all respect the players wishes to keep it to himself untill he actually comes out and confirms it. As far as we all know, this could still be a sick rumour

Which is why I havent talked about it directly just the point about having information and using it widely. I also don't believe that the person did it for bragging rights etc and did it for the right reasons. However, the information mentioned could have been massively damaging to many people whether it was done for the good reasons or not.

My whole point is that I hope the people that pass on information learn from it.