Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Roland Bergkamp

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 am

Can't wait to see him in action, luckily he's not a son of Dennis so not that huge of a threat, but always nice to see players of great footballing families

Re: Roland Bergkamp

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 am

Hes a distant relative tho. Goal record doesnt look that good but will have potential. Brighton might be a force this year

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 am

Double G wrote:Hes a distant relative tho. Goal record doesnt look that good but will have potential. Brighton might be a force this year

He is a nephew of Dennis, how is that distant :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

Talent doesn't always travel within the family.

Andrew Jordan and Cameron Toshack to name but two.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

Kenny and Paul Daglish?

John and Paul Terry?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:06 am

thats why I want to see him, if hes shit or not

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 am

quadsas wrote:thats why I want to see him, if hes shit or not

Knowing our past luck he will score a typical Bergkamp style screamer against us.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 am

kasper schmeichel
jordi cruyff

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 am

Brian Clough and Nigel Clough- Example of talent running in family. Playing wise anyway, don't rate Nigel as a manager

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:21 pm

quadsas wrote:
Double G wrote:Hes a distant relative tho. Goal record doesnt look that good but will have potential. Brighton might be a force this year

He is a nephew of Dennis, how is that distant :lol:

Maybe you should stop believing Wiki before taking the Piss :oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... gkamp.html

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Randomly I spent a lot of time with Roland when I was In Brighton with leon Jeanne! When he signed he stayed in the hotel with us and as he didn't know anyone he used to hang out with us! He was a really shy nice guy, no edge or arrogance about him at all! Obviously we bombarded him with questions about Dennis and he was happy to answer! He's nothing like Dennis as a player though, he's a very tall strong target man whose good in the air! I hope he does well though as he was a top guy! He seemed a bit gutted when I asked if he had image rights in his deal as I thought his shirt would be very popular, amazingly he said he didn't as it was something he hadn't considered ha ha

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:30 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
quadsas wrote:thats why I want to see him, if hes shit or not

Knowing our past luck he will score a typical Bergkamp style screamer against us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL5qYbcHPZQ

like this one :lol: very ontopic :P

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Hallett wrote:kasper schmeichel
jordi cruyff

I don't think Kasper Schmeicel can fall into this category though. Granted, he wasn't as good as his Dad, but not many keepers have been. I'd be quite happy if he came back here.

Jordi Cruyff, on the other hand, was utter shite