Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

From the Vale today

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Gunnerson and Blake did not train.
In the practice match at the end Earnie and Miller were not paired together ,thought that a bit strange,would have thought the more time to play together and get an understanding the better.

At the end Malky gets everyone together and says how well they have trained etc,asks if anyone got any problems,(last season there would have been a que forming :lol: ).

One thing he was VERY passionate about was the point on us being a nasty side to play against.when we have possession to show our quality and keep passing and moving but when we have'nt got the ball we close down and defend as a team.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: From the Vale today

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 pm

A few seasons back when we were top of the League I remeber most games as soon as we lost the ball the 2 centre midfielders ( Scimeca and Mc Phail ) were in the faces of the opposition ....... it worked a treat :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:A few seasons back when we were top of the League I remeber most games as soon as we lost the ball the 2 centre midfielders ( Scimeca and Mc Phail ) were in the faces of the opposition ....... it worked a treat :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

We have had a few decent CM's but IMO we have never replaced Ricky, he did such a good job and allowed McPhail to flourish and he also popped up with the odd goal.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Earnshaw and Miller won't start togther.

As of now it's gotta be Miller and Rudy.

If Goodwillie signs then it will be Miller and Goodwillie starting.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Earnshaw and Miller won't start togther.

As of now it's gotta be Miller and Rudy.

If Goodwillie signs then it will be Miller and Goodwillie starting.

Miller and Rudy were paired together with the beast and earnie the other pairing

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:27 pm

How did Rudy and Miller look?

I'd still go for Goodwillie and get rid of The Blob/Beast.

Miller & Goodwillie to start.

Rudy & Earnshaw to act as cover.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:30 pm

I very much doubt Fagan will be able to improve enough during his weeks trial.

On a One on one with Naylor he lost :o

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:How did Rudy and Miller look?

I think Rudy is going to do well.very strong on the ball got a good touch,very comfortable with the ball and big plus,doesn't sit on his arse.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

what time does the training start mate? might pop up tomorrow

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:what time does the training start mate? might pop up tomorrow

Between 10- 12/30

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 pm

mike blues wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:How did Rudy and Miller look?

I think Rudy is going to do well.very strong on the ball got a good touch,very comfortable with the ball and big plus,doesn't sit on his arse.

so everyone is starting to come round to my prediction of rudy for player of the year ??

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 pm

thanks...so 2 and a half hour session right? they'll be there training tomorrow won't they?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:33 pm

we went to the vale last week and the blokey in the shed were,nt too happy about us been around so did,nt go any further. Is it ok to go there, he said it was private ground's.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:38 pm

did that fagan train? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Do the BBC know something we don't?

According to their website Scimeca is still in our squad - No. 19! :roll: :roll:

See here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/default.stm

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:A few seasons back when we were top of the League I remeber most games as soon as we lost the ball the 2 centre midfielders ( Scimeca and Mc Phail ) were in the faces of the opposition ....... it worked a treat :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

We have had a few decent CM's but IMO we have never replaced Ricky, he did such a good job and allowed McPhail to flourish and he also popped up with the odd goal.

Ricci Scimeca, what a player! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 pm

EllBoy wrote:Do the BBC know something we don't?

According to their website Scimeca is still in our squad - No. 19! :roll: :roll:

See here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/default.stm

We can only dream absolute quality that boy :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 pm

I watched the last hour of training today. Was very impressed with Ibby think he will be a top player in a year or two. Cant read too much into pairings on the training pitch though as Hudson and gypes were paired together as were gerrard and keinan. Malkay looking at all perms and I dont think we'll know his true thinking till the west ham game and even then that might be horses for courses with a different front two (or three) for home games. Was also impressed by Malkays end talk, really positive and saying he wants us to be the bastards of all teams that no one wants to play. Love it!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:03 pm

By all accounts Kiss looks like a good prospect, how did he perform today?